• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Coronation King Charles III and Queen Camilla Gold Sovereign

Midasfrog

32 minutes ago, Jake0111 said:

Its killing me looking at these and knowing i have missed the delivery of mine this morning 😭

If its royal mail signed for. They will probably just ram it through the letter box and sign a non descript squiggle themselves and pass it off as yours.

That's what my postie does anyway, doesn't even knock

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

3 minutes ago, Upsidedown5318008 said:

If its royal mail signed for. They will probably just ram it through the letter box and sign a non descript squiggle themselves and pass it off as yours.

That's what my postie does anyway, doesn't even knock

I have never had that problem with royalmint deliverys. it has been taken back to the sorting centre 

1 minute ago, Jake0111 said:

I have never had that problem with royalmint deliverys. it has been taken back to the sorting centre 

I'd prefer that, I've been fine so far but if I have a tampered with parcel slammed through the letter box with missing stuff, gonna be hard to claim even if I chase after the postie. Once it's "delivered" insurance ends

SOTD has arrived - mark on centre right of portrait side :( FFS

Visible to the naked eye clearly without magnification 

QC sticker inside as checked 

My first issue with RM for quality ive been lucky thus far until now. 

What do folk think?  shall i return or keep?

Surely a "strike on the day" cant be restruck for a replacement on another day ?

Would i just get a refund ???? and lose the chance of this coin - thanks 

IMG_5450.JPG

IMG_5451.JPG

IMG_5452.JPG

IMG_5453.JPG

26 minutes ago, Paul said:

Surely a "strike on the day" cant be restruck for a replacement on another day ?

IMG_5450.JPG

IMG_5451.JPG

IMG_5452.JPG

IMG_5453.JPG

I 'd keep it Paul...it seems that this SOTD will not be replaced if you return it, so at these market price levels, your coin is way more valuable than £850 RRP....  

I understand your frustration, but this is still a beautiful coin, even with this small flaw, and I imagine a lot of collectors who missed it and who would be  happy to get yours.  

Edited by Frenchie

15 minutes ago, Paul said:

IMG_5450.JPG

IMG_5451.JPG

IMG_5452.JPG

IMG_5453.JPG

That looks like something is on the coin, but still think that will be a good coin and dont think they will be many top scoring coins.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Have you tried air dusting it off? I had something like this with one of my Memorial Proofs & it came right off. Whenever I go about exchanging I like to call TRM's customer service to see what their stance on it is & if they have any leftover stock. Obviously, the risk is that you get something that somebody else returned. They'll probably be arsey about it though because it's technically BU. Tricky one, but would definitely resell it privately rather than refund it if you decide to go that route. For what it's worth, I reckon keep it even if it's a mark rather than a fibre.

Edited by BOOLIAN

1 hour ago, Jake0111 said:

dont think they will be many top scoring coins.

Unsure about that. I've seen far fewer people pointing out issues with these coins versus something recent like the Memorial Proofs.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

IMG_5450.JPG

IMG_5451.JPG

IMG_5452.JPG

IMG_5453.JPG

What's the mark, you're referring to? Do you mean the dot in Charlie's ear? The black mark to the right of the portrait is most likley just one of those back mico fibres? My 3 coin memorial set was covered in them.

I think it looks OK, presuming that black mark is a fibre..

Ive not seen mine yet, I waited in for the postie till half 1. Then went out, and low and behold he tried to deliver at 2pm! Haha. 

2 hours ago, Paul said:

IMG_5450.JPG

IMG_5451.JPG

IMG_5452.JPG

IMG_5453.JPG

I just received my SOTD sovereign and I have the same dilemma. Under my magnifier both side of the coins is full of little dots.

20230513_160836.jpg

28 minutes ago, Falcon1985 said:

I just received my SOTD sovereign and I have the same dilemma. Under my magnifier both side of the coins is full of little dots.

20230513_160836.jpg

Mine too - lots of little black marks, a bit scruffy generally.

3 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

Mine too - lots of little black marks, a bit scruffy generally.

at this point I do not think they properly check them just put the sticker in it and that is it. Also I tried to brush it off and it is not a micro fiber or anything like that!

Seeing some of these issues, I'm wondering how this will effect the value of a coin that's already practically doubled in price? 

How will these coins will grade?

And what sort of premium a 70 will command, one the dust has settled? 

26 minutes ago, Tipsmart said:

Seeing some of these issues, I'm wondering how this will effect the value of a coin that's already practically doubled in price? 

How will these coins will grade?

And what sort of premium a 70 will command, one the dust has settled? 

i would wait for 12-18 months to know their mature natural market value once the fliparati are out of the market  

70s may be in shorter supply than normal looking at the few defects we've seen just here already. Keep an eye on the NGC/PCGS population reports in the coming months

Certainly no harm in holding this sovereign for the long term, given it is a one of kind coin

once a life time Coronation edition/Plain Edge/very limited supply/matt finish  

Edited by Paul

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

i would wait for 12-18 years to know their mature natural market value once the fliparati are out of the market  

70s may be in shorter supply than normal looking at the few defects we've seen just here already. Keep an eye on the NGC/PCGS population reports in the coming months

Certainly no harm in holding this sovereign for the long term, given it is a one of kind coin

once a life time Coronation edition/Plain Edge/very limited supply/matt finish  

Yes, I think mine will become my only piece of non-graded gold. I usually move anything on that I can’t grade (creature of habit), but this will go away somewhere.

I think mine is the worst condition out there, unfortunately I don’t have much luck with RM new releases. 😟

I am new to collecting sovereigns and I would like to ask you for second opinion please.

Is the sovereign worth keeping in this condition, or should I just send it back and forget about it? 

Many thanks in advance.

906CE155-B1CF-4F59-A3DB-F792718699D5.jpeg

F029648D-A2B4-46CF-B094-2131FDD067D6.jpeg

EA68AE29-226F-4C05-B508-1DBD80B5B99C.png

6 minutes ago, Goldfever20 said:

I think mine is the worst condition out there, unfortunately I don’t have much luck with RM new releases. 😟

I am new to collecting sovereigns and I would like to ask you for second opinion please.

Is the sovereign worth keeping in this condition, or should I just send it back and forget about it? 

Many thanks in advance.

906CE155-B1CF-4F59-A3DB-F792718699D5.jpeg

F029648D-A2B4-46CF-B094-2131FDD067D6.jpeg

EA68AE29-226F-4C05-B508-1DBD80B5B99C.png

I'd buy it for 850 😇

18 minutes ago, Goldfever20 said:

So you are saying that it is a keeper… thank you. 😊

I bet you'll still get nearly twice what you paid if you sold it, to send it back for a refund would be crazy