• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Charlie III 1oz gold Britannia

Bogart

Is considering had an email offering one at £1631 though I think your quote is for a blister pack one.

£1629 at this instant.

Edited by Bogart

1 hour ago, Bogart said:

Been swamped with emails this morning saying can pre order. Quite surprised by price differences over 2%, some £35 plus. And I am not including the usual overpriced mobs.

At least one dealer broke the RM embargo by sending out e-mails yesterday. This is a repeat offender.

Doing this risks having your allocation / order cancelled / postponed, or having your trading agreement revoked.

IMO, this is a ridiculous risk for an unfair short term gain, at the potential cost of a long term side effect.

Anybody ordering from embargo breakers should be aware their orders are also at risk of being delayed or cancelled.

In addition to this, do collectors / stackers / investors want to buy from dealers with such an unprofessional, unethical outlook?

😎

Chards

2 hours ago, Bogart said:

Is considering had an email offering one at £1631 though I think your quote is for a blister pack one.

£1629 at this instant.

Nope no blister pack, just checked again.  Now £1687.85   Here's the link : https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-coins/gold-coins/britannia-2023-1-oz-gold-bullion-coin-king-charles-iii/

Whilst the new Gold Brits don’t exactly grab my attention at the release prices (though they vary quite a bit) what I am enjoying are the number of coins being put up for sale today whilst people make way for some new Brits spending. Grabbed a few Sovs from a variety of sources that weren’t about a few days ago 👍🏼

6 hours ago, Bogart said:

Been swamped with emails this morning saying can pre order. Quite surprised by price differences over 2%, some £35 plus. And I am not including the usual overpriced mobs.

With all respect to Mr Chard, looking through prices currently, if only after one coin ‘free postage’ does make a difference🤔

5 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

At least one dealer broke the RM embargo by sending out e-mails yesterday. This is a repeat offender.

Doing this risks having your allocation / order cancelled / postponed, or having your trading agreement revoked.

IMO, this is a ridiculous risk for an unfair short term gain, at the potential cost of a long term side effect.

Anybody ordering from embargo breakers should be aware their orders are also at risk of being delayed or cancelled.

In addition to this, do collectors / stackers / investors want to buy from dealers with such an unprofessional, unethical outlook?

😎

Those morons in Birmingham do it all the time. Not a surprise.

It really is worth keeping an eye out for die mismatches in particular, on all KC coins (not just PM coins).  There is ever chance RM’s finest could have a ****up with the switch over….

Edited by dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

I didn’t known that the Dennis Norden family viewing phrase “Cockup” was rude. See the censoring in my previous post.  Who knew that:

The British expression '****-up' isn't commonly used in the USA, where it is generally assumed to have a vulgar meaning. What they might make of Robert Burns' poem, which took the name of the old Scottish rhyme '**** up your beaver', is best left to the imagination. What Burns was actually referring to was adorning a beaver fur hat by putting a ****'s feather into it.

10 minutes ago, dicker said:

It really is worth keeping an eye out for die mismatches in particular, on all KC coins (not just PM coins).  There is ever chance RM’s finest could have a ****up with the switch over….

Yep. Worth buying as many as you can and selling on as often as possible to buy more in the search for mules and (as the French say) coque-oops. 

2 minutes ago, ShineyMagpie said:

Interesting idea, I presume you are referring to such situations as the " no date" 20p ? Of is this something else I should be looking for?

Correct. 

I suspect the likeliest error is Obv / Rev die mismatch but others may be able other potential issues to look for.  

It's going to take some time to adjust seeing charlie boy on these coins to be honest. Much prefer lizzies face on gold. As for the new 1oz Britannia KC coin; I would stick with the standard coin rather than the blister packs. The prices on those have gone up drastically.

33 minutes ago, MrStacker said:

It's going to take some time to adjust seeing charlie boy on these coins to be honest. Much prefer lizzies face on gold. As for the new 1oz Britannia KC coin; I would stick with the standard coin rather than the blister packs. The prices on those have gone up drastically.

Stick it through a laminator and bingo!