• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Years resolutions and Stacking/ collecting goals

My stacking goal for the current year was to thin the stack of oddball bullion coins I’ve accumulated over the years and convert the proceeds over to the few bullion items that I stack in bulk.  I’m trying to make future liquidation a lot easier without having to sell a bunch of individual items.  In case my family needs to sell, they can just grab a handful of bullion and bring to the LCS without having to know a lot of detail about each item.  This will also help consolidate storage and simplify inventory management.  This will now be the goal for the coming year.  🙄

Basic short term goals:

• I'm trying to maintain a cadence around £1,000pm on saving to PMs.  Unfortunately the tax man cometh so I can't really do more until I've caught up with that.
  • Next year: Maintain £1k/month into PMs, mainly gold, spin up a SIPP once the plague of locusHMRC is satiated.

On the plus side, saving to gold is actually working.

Medium term, build up to maybe 20-30oz of physical, then switch to saving into the SIPP, which will mainly be PMs until the indexes at least look like they're bottoming out.  Then, move to some appropriate balance of growth items with a PM hedge.

Longer term: be one of those old codgers that dies with a massive collection of sovereigns that nobody has any idea what to do with.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

new year resolutions tend to fail with me quite easily so this year i am vowing not to drink coffee, not to eat sprouts or oysters, not to watch sunderland anywhere on any media outlet or in person, not to be offended when the sun comes out and buy more pm's

should work this year i reckon!!!!!! 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

13 hours ago, ZRPMs said:

New Years resolutions and Stacking/ collecting goals

Well another year draws to its end. I found myself wondering what have I manged to achieve this year? To be fair not a lot. My biggest achievement was to pay off the mortgage. Just under 15 years early. Just goes to show the power of making over payments. Start with what you can and build up the over payment.

Having given it only a little bit of thought I've come up with the following

!, Use cash only when in person, small attempt to halt the march to a cashless society.

2, Use my full ISA allowance for savings. I tend to use this as retirement savings. If needed I can access it now instead of having it locked away until I'm 57 or even 58 by the time I get there.

3, It would be nice to get either a gold ounce a month or a sovereign a week. I intend on using what I would have been paying the mortgage with. 

4, I would like a few kilo bars of silver

5, Try to find a half decent van instead of the pile of scrap I'm driving at the moment. Its got to be costing me a sovereign a month in bl@#&y repairs

Anyhow. I'm not sure how this will align with everyone else's goals. not withstanding trying to remain healthy and happy. 

I would like to wish everyone wonderful New Year, Healthy, Happy and prosperous. I've only been on the forum for less than a fortnight but I've been made welcome, made a deal and gained quite a bit of information. I may even expand my bullion collection in to some proofs. Many thanks to all

My New Year's Resolution is 2500 x 1400!

😎

Chards

7 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

To be fair that's better than my old CRT.

... and a lot better than the "state of art" 17" Iiyama is had about 100 years ago.

I could run 3840 x 2160 on my 4K monitor, but it's too hard to read stuff.

... and I don't like to brag!

😎

Chards

47 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

... and a lot better than the "state of art" 17" Iiyama is had about 100 years ago.

I could run 3840 x 2160 on my 4K monitor, but it's too hard to read stuff.

... and I don't like to brag!

😎

I had a similar problem with a 4k monitor, which I solved by getting a 39" ultra wide (Viewsonic VP3881).  This has been quite good for my ageing eyesight as it has about 110dpi dot pitch vs. 140dpi for the 4k I had - which is enough to tip some applications that wouldn't do proper scaling back into usability.

So, in fact my new year's resolution is just the same as last year's.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

Metals. Going to continue to buy pre 2012 Britt's and any pre 1920s British coinage if I see a good deal. I have no set goal but it's long term. 

Crypto. Buying into a couple of project's I like, just for fun, not much money.  More of a lottery ticket. 

Personal. I would like to get back into music and cut out the amount of garbage I am looking at online. 

Give up vaping. 

Carry on trying to sort the house out. 

Edited by Bigmarc
Spelling

18 hours ago, ZRPMs said:

Well another year draws to its end. I found myself wondering what have I manged to achieve this year? To be fair not a lot. My biggest achievement was to pay off the mortgage. Just under 15 years early. Just goes to show the power of making over payments. Start with what you can and build up the over payment.

Having given it only a little bit of thought I've come up with the following

!, Use cash only when in person, small attempt to halt the march to a cashless society.

2, Use my full ISA allowance for savings. I tend to use this as retirement savings. If needed I can access it now instead of having it locked away until I'm 57 or even 58 by the time I get there.

3, It would be nice to get either a gold ounce a month or a sovereign a week. I intend on using what I would have been paying the mortgage with. 

4, I would like a few kilo bars of silver

5, Try to find a half decent van instead of the pile of scrap I'm driving at the moment. Its got to be costing me a sovereign a month in bl@#&y repairs

Anyhow. I'm not sure how this will align with everyone else's goals. not withstanding trying to remain healthy and happy. 

I would like to wish everyone wonderful New Year, Healthy, Happy and prosperous. I've only been on the forum for less than a fortnight but I've been made welcome, made a deal and gained quite a bit of information. I may even expand my bullion collection in to some proofs. Many thanks to all

I would add to your list pay your taxes in full.

Its tax avoiders (builders are one of the worst offenders) that has contributed to under funded public services.

7 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

Someone trolling you already? You've just got here!

I know, Perhaps I should have started with a copy of my paid up membership of the communist party. Along with a tax return. I thought I was being light hearted and wishing every one well for the new year. Never mind 

19 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

I know, Perhaps I should have started with a copy of my paid up membership of the communist party. Along with a tax return. I thought I was being light hearted and wishing every one well for the new year. Never mind 

No mate, nice thread. 

99.9% of members here are sound. There is a block member function is you need to use it. 

1 minute ago, Bigmarc said:

No mate, nice thread. 

99.9% of members here are sound. There is a block member function is you need to use it. 

Thanks, Everyone's been great. Like minded people with lots of info to share. I'm enjoying the forum. Had some deals. If there's a few that don't like what I say or take it the wrong way, it's fine. I'm big enough and ugly enough not to give two shakes of a rat's a#£$. 🤣

19 minutes ago, Gordy said:

never would have thought builders avoided taxes more than Google, Amazon, Facebook or Footballers etc etc 😂

No, no, no.  It's immigrants and single mums.  At least that's what the Daily Mail says.

Edited by Silverlocks

6 minutes ago, Silverlocks said:

No, no, no.  It's immigrants and single mums.  At least that's what the Daily Mail says.

ah, never knew that either 😂

the joys of not buying newspapers or watching news on the telly..... i miss out on so much ..... 

happier for it btw as hate seeing unicorns offended... 😂

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

3 minutes ago, Gordy said:

happier for it btw as hate seeing unicornsbellends offended... 😂

There.  FTFY.

21 hours ago, ZRPMs said:

9 hours ago, AaaGee said:

Will do more to spend cash. Its too easy to just use a contactless card.

Also trying to do this. Also been thinking about how to publicise the possible consequences of society going cashless (which won't be seen until we really are cashless). Anyone good at video animation?