• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Years resolutions and Stacking/ collecting goals

6 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

I'm lost, what's going on? Feel like I missed a page or two

Just the irony that @ZRPMs started a thread about resolutions and wishing everyone a positive new year, but we ended up in a episode of EastEnders. Phil Mitchell is being done for tax evasion and both @LawrenceChard and @Silverlocks are trying to sell 4k monitors. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

My brother is visiting. He's not on here yet but he asked me to submit his goals.

Join The Silver Forum.

Try to get a silver 100 ouncer.

Less takeaways.

He also said Happy New Year and he hope to make some new acquaintances may be some friends.

Just now, ZRPMs said:

My brother is visiting. He's not on here yet but he asked me to submit his goals.

Join The Silver Forum.

Less takeaways.

He also said Happy New Year and he hope to make some new acquaintances may be some friends.

there was a 100oz on here the other day I'm sure.... could be wrong though

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

1 minute ago, Gordy said:

there was a 100oz on here the other day I'm sure.... could be wrong though

I think he needs some extra pennies. I think that's the only reason he said less takeaways. He likes the Britannia 100 Oz bars but the premium on them is quite high. 

Just now, Bigmarc said:

I have always wanted my own bodyweight in silver. Problem is currently I have a spot price of £87,000. 

Damn, I've run out of likes. I think I might have to up grade the membership. God knows what my spot price is. Not saying that I'm excessively heavy but our bathroom scales broke recently. 

Some resolutions for 2023:

Leave your current temporary job as soon as possible.  It does not suit you at all, and it is not good for you.

Ideally find a job that you enjoy and which makes you happy.  If not - consider not working for an extended period of time, it will be emotionally far better for you even if economically a lot worse.

Work out how much you actually need to live on per annum and how you might fund that until you are very old.

Be kind to yourself and look after your physical and mental health.

Read more, and listen to more music.

Catch up with good friends more.  Enjoy their company, and be excellent company for them.

Keep enjoying simple pleasures.

Do not even consider buying any more tangible items such as cars, paintings, sculptures and watches, even if you think you might want them. 

Love what you have.

Some stacking/collecting goals for 2023:

Try not to buy any physical platinum unless it really, really speaks to you.  And then don't listen to it.  Love what you have.

Try not to buy any physical silver unless it's a Great Engravers bullion bar and you really like it.  Love what you have.

Limit any purchases of gold to bullion sovereigns, bullion double sovereigns and 1 oz gold bullion coins.  Possibly a 1 oz Great Engravers bullion bar (see above).  Try not to exceed 5oz in total unless you get another job (see above and below).

Fund the 1 oz gold purchases by either doing paid work, or by selling stuff you already own.  This can include spare (non-collection) gold.  

Sell some, or perhaps even all, units in your ETFs if gold, silver or platinum hit £1750, £25 and £1000 per ounce respectively.

4 hours ago, goldhunter said:

I would add to your list pay your taxes in full.

Its tax avoiders (builders are one of the worst offenders) that has contributed to under funded public services.

It is probably (American) multinationals which are the worst offenders,

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, James32 said:

Just the irony that @ZRPMs started a thread about resolutions and wishing everyone a positive new year, but we ended up in a episode of EastEnders. Phil Mitchell is being done for tax evasion and both @LawrenceChard and @Silverlocks are trying to sell 4k monitors. 

Only because 8K was overkill, and I got a higher refresh rate!

😎

Chards

3 hours ago, ZRPMs said:

Join The Silver Forum.

Less takeaways.

That's easy:

https://www.chards.co.uk/100-ounce-silver-britannia-bar/17482

😎

Chards

3 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

I have always wanted my own bodyweight in silver. Problem is currently I have a spot price of £87,000. 

Think big.

I'm sure you are worth your weight in gold!

Or you could think small.

£87K makes you about 104Kgs.

Eat less, move more, and you could be down to a fit and affordable 70Kgs.

At about £1,500 per troy ounce, or £48,248 per kilo, that works out at about £3.377360 million.

Easy!

Although you might need to change your member name!

😎

Chards

2 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Think big.

I'm sure you are worth your weight in gold!

Or you could think small.

£87K makes you about 104Kgs.

Eat less, move more, and you could be down to a fit and affordable 70Kgs.

At about £1,500 per troy ounce, or £48,248 per kilo, that works out at about £3.377360 million.

Easy!

Although you might need to change your member name!

😎

It's the "Lose weight, get fit and give all your money to Lawrence" plan.

2 hours ago, Stuntman said:

Some resolutions for 2023:

Leave your current temporary job as soon as possible.  It does not suit you at all, and it is not good for you.

Ideally find a job that you enjoy and which makes you happy.  If not - consider not working for an extended period of time, it will be emotionally far better for you even if economically a lot worse.

I know these are your resolutions, but in this economy, if you are able bodied,  I’d say make money any way you can and sock it away.  Unless the job is physically draining you, milk it for what it’s worth.  I think we’re in for a major economic reset, layoffs, real estate and market crash.  It will be nice to have some extra cash and more PMs on hand when the SHTF.  

19 hours ago, James32 said:

As long as no one gets shot by a bunch of daffodils and falls in the canal then I'm sure it'll be alright. I'm showing my age now, I know!

Edited by SidS