• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Good offer, peoples thoughts?

ShineyMagpie

12 minutes ago, ShineyMagpie said:

At the time of writing this £223.94 for a 1980 Gold Half Sovereign Elizabeth II Proof

sovhttps://www.chards.co.uk/1980-gold-half-sovereign-elizabeth-ii-proof/1040 

seems like a good offer but i'm still new to this? curious on other thoughts?

Decent price tbf!

But unless a special year to you personally, why? Won't ever amount to anything special over intrinsic value!

If it was me, I'd just buy a bullion half sovereign and a 1 gram carded gold bar for similar money.

Entirely up to you though, if you like it then buy it.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 minute ago, Leonmarsh said:

Or if you search with filters then click on a coin it removes the filters absolute ballache and worst of the dealers 

I want to see what coins they have from the ME, I'll select Turkey.. Egy...Oh I can only select one country of issue at a time? Ok then 

2 minutes ago, ShineyMagpie said:

So by comparison, it's actually a good price for someone who wants a proof coin. And probably a "safer" option than ebay too.

Yeah it's a good price tbf. Chard's are a trustworthy source also.

Still need to way up why you want it and what the exit strategy will be.

Just now, James32 said:

Yeah it's a good price tbf. Chard's are a trustworthy source also.

Still need to way up why you want it and what the exit strategy will be.

Yeah, I find it slightly "odd" on some of the half sovereign listing recently on the forum. People listing as "bullion condition to avoid disappointment". But asking higher price than bullion grade half sovereign from various known websites. Now I do understand that of the forum your buying a specific coin, and from pre mentioned websites its their choice. Not withstanding lower montages etc but £185/ £190 for generic from these websites as apposed to £200/£220 on forum sale posts? 

Happy to hear your thoughts @James32 or anyone else's opinions. 

Just now, ShineyMagpie said:

Yeah, I find it slightly "odd" on some of the half sovereign listing recently on the forum. People listing as "bullion condition to avoid disappointment". But asking higher price than bullion grade half sovereign from various known websites. Now I do understand that of the forum your buying a specific coin, and from pre mentioned websites its their choice. Not withstanding lower montages etc but £185/ £190 for generic from these websites as apposed to £200/£220 on forum sale posts? 

Happy to hear your thoughts @James32 or anyone else's opinions. 

I stay away from proofs for this reason tbh. If I really want a certain coin, I will buy direct from the mint or buy graded.

It's either a proof or in my own opinion a damaged/flawed proof ( which isn't any more valuable than bullion in my eyes)

I've only ever really gone for bullion. Most weight for the money and lowest premium. Try to find a local dealer that buys in against the spot price. I have had some really nice cased proof coins in the past for little over the spot. The dealer is happy making their margin. I've managed to build a good relationship with them over the years and they give me a call. It works well for them them end up having them in stock for less than a day in some cases and I benefit from the odd nicer coin. But really, unless its a specific coin you want bullion coins at bullion prices. I've used Chards in the past. Their service was good with no issues. but recently I thought their premiums had increased a little and I was told the other day that for the order I wanted to make on their best price sovereigns I would probably have a 10 month wait.