• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Let's Get Physical - Trucks Tail Lifts and Elevator Problems - Had to Use Muscle Power Instead

Just had an interesting fortnight for the wrong reasons.

First,  a big delivery from the Royal Mint was delayed from week commencing 10th October to week commencing 17th, because the security company did no have a big enough van, and they decided they needed a truck instead.

Then they could still not get our shipment on one truck.

Even then, its tail lift was broken, so there was a lot of hand lugging instead.

The balance arrived the next day, but still no tail lift.

Meanwhile our lift / elevator had broken, and needs a new control panel. We are aware that some electronic stuff is in short supply, so don't know when it will get fixed.

Our secure storage is in what we call our bunker, which is underground.

1.5 tonnes is quite a lot to carry downstairs in one go, but at least it saves on gymnasium fees.

It then all has to come back up stairs again to be packed and shipped.

Should I feel guilty because I have been sunning myself in Portugal, and not able to help?

I have pointed out that I once lugged 3.2 tonnes of silver from the back of a 7.5 tonne lorry I had driven. Son Duncan stood on the back of the lorry with a Stanley knive slashing open the tape on the 7 pallets of Perth Mint silver coins, hnding them to me, then I carried them across the pavement and our old forecourt, while my wife operated our airlock doors. Would you believe none of the drinkers at the Farmers Arms pub across the road offered to come and help (I'm happy to say).

So, no I don't feel guilty, I've done my share of getting physical already.

Now, cue music: Olivia Newton-John anyone?

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

10 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Just had an interesting fortnight for the wrong reasons.

First,  a big delivery from the Royal Mint was delayed from week commencing 10th October to week commencing 17th, because the security company did no have a big enough van, and they decided they needed a truck instead.

Then they could still not get our shipment on one truck.

Even then, its taol lift was broken, so there was a lot of hand lugging instead.

The balance arrived the next day, but still no tail lift.

Meanwhile our lift / elevator had broken, and needs a new control panel. We are aware that some electronic stuff is in short supply, so don't know when it will get fixed.

Our secure storage is in what we call our bunker, which is underground.

1.5 tonnes is quite a lot to carry downstairs in one go, but at least it saves on gymnasium fees.

It then all has to come back up stairs again to be packed and shipped.

Should I feel guilty because I have been sunning myself in Portugal, and not able to help?

I have pointed out that I once lugged 3.2 tonnes of silver from the back of a 7.5 tonne lorry I had driven. Son Duncan stood on the back of the lorry with a Stanley knive slashing open the tape on the 7 pallets of Perth Mint silver coins, hnding them to me, then I carried them across the pavement and our old forecourt, while my wife operated our airlock doors. Would you believe none of the drinkers at the Farmers Arms pub across the road offered to come and help (I'm happy to say).

So, no I don't feel guilty, I've done my share of getting physical already.

Now, cue music: Olivia Newton-John anyone?

😎

Should have chosen the vat free Zurich option? Work smarter not harder!

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

12 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

😎

Sweet Jesus...who runs the show at Chards....should not you have kept guard at the door to let the missus in with the coins? 😂

2 hours ago, Oddjob said:

Sweet Jesus...who runs the show at Chards....should not you have kept guard at the door to let the missus in with the coins? 😂

I would have done, but her name isn't Sheila.

She has reminded me that she lugged it once it was inside.

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

22 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Once had a friend who worked at a well known supermarket tell me that someone forgot to plug the forklift in and recharge it the night before so she had spent the entire day unloading a 40' trailer of tinned food.

Sounds like the good old days at a greek food wholesaler, that forgots not to charge, but to buy, a forklift for years.