• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Looking for some PM items over the following weeks please... (Part 2)

Scootermuppet

Hi All,

Following the success of my last 'Wanted' post a few months back in a similar vein, I thought I'd let you all know what I'm currently looking to source over the next few weeks, and see if anyone can help? 🤔

As in the original post, I have been successful in securing some work I've been after (in this case, for the remainder of October & November) so want to convert as much of that as practically possible to PM's to stop me spaffing it on frivolous items - hence the post.

On the 'Ooh, I really need that'  🥰  list so far are (in no particular order):

A sealed roll of 2020 Oriental Border Britannias - (20, in capsules, as supplied by the Royal Mint) - WLTP circa £500?

A 1957 Gillick Sovereign, in nice bullion condition - on hold for now, as they’ve increased in price quite a bit! 😳

A 1968 Gillick Sovereign, in nice bullion condition - Now sourced - Thank you!

A 2022 Quarter Sovereign PF70 First Releases (Blue Label) - WLTP circa £250?  [ Appreciate this is in the Ungraded Section, so if Moderators wish, I will extract this item and post in Graded Only - thank you, Bob ]

Also happy to entertain other offers of Shiny Stuff if you have something you think I may like - (helpful hints: I am quite partial to 1/10oz Gold Brits - as they are useful to trade up with - 10oz Una & the Lion Bars (well, who isn't partial to those!) and may even be persuaded to part with some of the existing stack in part-exchange for something Spectacular... you never know 😏

If I think of anything else over the next few days, I'll add it to this original post

Just to clarify - I won't have the cash for all of these straight away, so please only offer if you are ok with waiting for my invoices to come in for me to take your item, any offers accepted will be taken in the order they are accepted 😊

[ Please Note: I'm happy to entertain a little banter on this post, as by its very nature, I'm hoping people may want to offer what they have that may tempt me - @ChrisSilver If this infringes any Forum Rules, do please let me know and I will request people stop, thank you, Bob ].

Congrats on securing the work buddy, that must be good for you 👍 👏 😀 

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

53 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

A 1957 Gillick Sovereign, in nice bullion condition - WLTP as close to spot as possible (but appreciate this one may carry a premium)?

A 1968 Gillick Sovereign, in nice bullion condition - WLTP as close to spot as possible?

Big ask there I'm afraid, going rate for Gillicks in decent condition is £385-£400 on all but 1957 (£480-£550) and 1959 (£420-£450), seen a few full sets sell in the last two weeks at between £4050-£4150 even after spot dropped.

Probably best to leave those two till the madness settles, if it ever does.  I have one spare 1957 (not part of a full run) left but keeping hold of that to put into a bundle of QEII special year sovereigns when I next need to raise funds.

Personally think its madness, especially considering you can still get them at Sharps Pixley, albeit random years, for £375 - https://www.sharpspixley.com/buy-bullion/buy-gold/buy-coins/pre-decimal-sovereign-gold-coin-elizabeth-ii

34 minutes ago, Orpster said:

Big ask there I'm afraid, going rate for Gillicks in decent condition is £385-£400 on all but 1957 (£480-£550) and 1959 (£420-£450), seen a few full sets sell in the last two weeks at between £4050-£4150 even after spot dropped.

Probably best to leave those two till the madness settles, if it ever does.  I have one spare 1957 (not part of a full run) left but keeping hold of that to put into a bundle of QEII special year sovereigns when I next need to raise funds.

Personally think its madness, especially considering you can still get them at Sharps Pixley, albeit random years, for £375 - https://www.sharpspixley.com/buy-bullion/buy-gold/buy-coins/pre-decimal-sovereign-gold-coin-elizabeth-ii

Thanks for the info - does sound like I’m going to be paying over the odds if I go for it anytime soon 😕

… I guess there’s always SP, and just keep stacking random dates - Presume they take out the ‘57s and ‘59s to sell for more? 🤔

1 hour ago, stefffana said:

"....and may even be persuaded to part with some of the existing stack in part-exchange for something Spectacular... you never know ..."

If you want something "Spectacular" , I think I can help...😁

Sorry, Can I just add to the T’s & C’s please… “no Jam, Spoons or Trays - Thank you” 😅

1 hour ago, Bogart said:

Bit of banter. I am sure we would all be very interested in the ' frivolous items' you might buy?☺️

🤔 probably Guitars, or possibly a Synthesiser …? 😏

45 minutes ago, jackflash123 said:

Congrats on securing the work buddy, that must be good for you 👍 👏 😀 

Have to admit, I am pretty chuffed 😁 - Cheers!

6 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

Sorry, Can I just add to the T’s & C’s please… “no Jam, Spoons or Trays - Thank you” 😅

I was thinking about a beautiful 5oz 999.9 silver proof coin or a spectacular Tempora Mutantur gold set coins 1997 (50 dollars Kiribati / 50 Tala Samoa), not about jam and spoons, sorry if you understood wrong.

Anyway, best of luck with your hunt!

2 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

Presume they take out the ‘57s and ‘59s to sell for more?

I have not ordered Gillicks from them for quite a while, but fairly sure when I did I had a 59 or two in the couple of bundles I had - that was pre-QEII passing though.  When I ordered I would call them and ask if at all possible could duplicates be avoided.  Should be easy enough to get your money back on duplicates or years you don't need and gives someone else the chance to buy a specific year that they do need from you and they can see up-front, everyone wins.  

3 minutes ago, stefffana said:

I was thinking about a beautiful 5oz 999.9 silver proof coin or a spectacular Tempora Mutantur gold set coins 1997 (50 dollars Kiribati / 50 Tala Samoa), not about jam and spoons, sorry if you understood wrong.

Anyway, best of luck with your hunt!

I stand corrected Sir! My apologies 🧐 - and thanks for the offer, it’s duly noted 👍

11 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

🤔 probably Guitars, or possibly a Synthesiser …? 😏

Have to admit, I am pretty chuffed 😁 - Cheers!

Nice one mate its great news, especially with the run up to Xmas coming. You may get to chill over Xmas and start working again in the new year 👍

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

7 minutes ago, Orpster said:

I have not ordered Gillicks from them for quite a while, but fairly sure when I did I had a 59 or two in the couple of bundles I had - that was pre-QEII passing though.  When I ordered I would call them and ask if at all possible could duplicates be avoided.  Should be easy enough to get your money back on duplicates or years you don't need and gives someone else the chance to buy a specific year that they do need from you and they can see up-front, everyone wins.  

Definitely sounds like a possibility - however, getting more than two in one go would mean hanging on until I have the funds for a bundle 🤔 - Thanks

6 hours ago, arphethean said:

Can I interest you in a 1957 for £500? I would hook you up with a seller who has some very nice ones at that.

🤔 Thanks for the offer bud, but if that’s the going rate, I’m going to have to rethink getting one it seems… 😕

I only have 5 so far towards the full set, have sourced 3 of the remainder, hence asking for the last two. I may have to just keep stacking “normal” Gillicks, and upgrade to a ‘57 when (if…) the prices stabilise a bit. I do have a ‘59 thankfully too 🙂

Trust me to decide to stack those as my ‘go to’ bullion just as they increase in popularity 🙄😅

Hi @Scootermuppet would you be interested in any of these items?

- 1779 full guinea (gold)

- 1878 25 pesetas (gold) - NGC graded AU details

- BackyardBullion hand poured silver shapes with COA.

- 100x1g valvambi silver bar

- 1/10oz 2017 silver proof somali elephant 🐘 

Some other items available 👍

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

Hi @stackerp5 - have to admit, I had to do some googling to find out what those first two coins looked like! 😅

Can’t say I’d ever considered anything like those, but they certainly do look different 🤔 will make a note of all the things I’m offered, and may be back in touch after a bit of cogitation ☺️👍

Cheers,

Bob

May be a long shot  but you could try phoning up ATS bullion in the morning and ask if they might pick you out a '57 and '68 as they have QEII Gillick's in stock

https://www.atsbullion.com/gold-sovereign-coin/1957-1968-queen-elizabeth-ii-pre-decimal-sovereign/#.Y1VNJ3bMLx4

13 minutes ago, arphethean said:

May be a long shot  but you could try phoning up ATS bullion in the morning and ask if they might pick you out a '57 and '68 as they have QEII Gillick's in stock

https://www.atsbullion.com/gold-sovereign-coin/1957-1968-queen-elizabeth-ii-pre-decimal-sovereign/#.Y1VNJ3bMLx4

Thanks bud - has to be worth a try… 😁👍

Archived