• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Air tite holders/tubes bulk order?

@BullionBuyerUK

A few pointers for you to ensure you're not out of pocket depending on when you take payment and how you calculate:

When checking out, if you opt for Pay Pal payment don't let Pay Pal do the conversion rate otherwise they'll bend you over on the exchange rate.  It is best to use your own card which offers fee free foreign transactions for conversion.  If you don't have one of those then letting Pay Pal do the conversion is fine since you'd be paying around 3% fee on your card anyway.

I'd allow 25% for import taxes.  This will be approx 3% duty and 20% VAT on top of that and value of goods.

IIRC customs declaration does not contain a breakdown on charges.  If it's being sent by large parcel rate (handled by Parcel Force in UK instead of Royal Mail) there's a high chance that whomever is inputting the data for import submission will take the value and then add on an approx value for postage on top of the declared value.  It will mean that you'd be paying more in duty and VAT than what you should be but the 25% estimate should cover it if the postage to goods value is low enough.

You will need to add £8 for Royal Mail customs handling fee or £12 for Parcel Force.

27 minutes ago, morezone said:

@BullionBuyerUK

A few pointers for you to ensure you're not out of pocket depending on when you take payment and how you calculate:

When checking out, if you opt for Pay Pal payment don't let Pay Pal do the conversion rate otherwise they'll bend you over on the exchange rate.  It is best to use your own card which offers fee free foreign transactions for conversion.  If you don't have one of those then letting Pay Pal do the conversion is fine since you'd be paying around 3% fee on your card anyway.

I'd allow 25% for import taxes.  This will be approx 3% duty and 20% VAT on top of that and value of goods.

IIRC customs declaration does not contain a breakdown on charges.  If it's being sent by large parcel rate (handled by Parcel Force in UK instead of Royal Mail) there's a high chance that whomever is inputting the data for import submission will take the value and then add on an approx value for postage on top of the declared value.  It will mean that you'd be paying more in duty and VAT than what you should be but the 25% estimate should cover it if the postage to goods value is low enough.

You will need to add £8 for Royal Mail customs handling fee or £12 for Parcel Force.

Excellent Information, thanks for all of that. I had intended to use my credit card for the purchase to avoid the fees on the exchange rate. 

The one thing I wasn't sure about was the import handling fee as each service charges different amounts, so I will factor that in to the final total. 👍

22 hours ago, jackflash123 said:

Ok go for the ringed capsules as per your recommendation. I appreciate the attention to detail from you. Same quantity as I said in my post but now the ringed airtite caps instead of direct fit airtite caps.

Many thanks 😊 

Hey @BullionBuyerUK,  for my ringed capsules please may I request the black ringed rather than the white ringed please?

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

23 hours ago, jackflash123 said:

Thanks for the tag @James32

I would certainly be interested in adding to a group order, if it brings price down for everyone - it's a no brainer. I wouldn't be wanting a lot but here are my thoughts.

I would take a tube for 1oz gold coins and direct fit airtite caps for them. So that would be however many capsules that fit into the tube. I believe @Orpster said it would be a H sized tube.

I would also take 2 tubes for sovs/quarter oz gold coins with direct fit airtite capsules, I believe there are 20 capsules per full tube.

Also 2 tubes for 1/10th oz gold coins filled with direct fit airtite caps for 1/10 oz gold coins

May aswell aim high and plan for the future.

Please let me know how much my items would be before you order.

Summary

1 x Tube for 1oz gold coins filled with direct fit airtites caps for 1oz gold coins

2 x Tubes for sovs/quarter oz gold filled with direct fit airtites caps for sovs/quarter oz gold coins

2 x Tubes for 1/10th oz gold filled with direct fit airtites caps for 1/10th oz gold coins

Just wanted to edit my summary to include the ringed capsules as per your recommendation:

Summary

1oz Coins

1 x Tube for 1oz gold coins filled with BLACK ringed airtite caps for 1oz gold coins

1/4 oz Coins

2 x Tubes for sovs/quarter oz gold filled with direct fit airtites caps for sovs/quarter oz gold coins

1/10th oz Coins

2 x Tubes for 1/10th oz gold filled with direct fit airtites caps for 1/10th oz gold coins

Hope this summary helps to avoid any confusion 👍

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

Blast it.  I've only just seen this thread.

If you are able to get Air-Tite capsules for 10 oz Royal Mint bullion silver bars, I am on the lookout for one, specifically to fit the 10 oz Una & The Lion silver bullion bar.

1 minute ago, Stuntman said:

Blast it.  I've only just seen this thread.

If you are able to get Air-Tite capsules for 10 oz Royal Mint bullion silver bars, I am on the lookout for one, specifically to fit the 10 oz Una & The Lion silver bullion bar.

Is there anything else you want? I'm putting together the order now to send out prices to everyone? 1 10oz capsule on its own probably wouldn't work out cheap

8 minutes ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

Yep, I'm assuming that's what everyone wants, as don't see many people with the white ones

3 minutes ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

Is there anything else you want? I'm putting together the order now to send out prices to everyone? 1 10oz capsule on its own probably wouldn't work out cheap

Thanks for asking 😊

My coins are in Quadrums so I don't need any capsules for those at the moment.

Sadly for me, I only actually need 1 capsule for my 10 oz Una bar.  I can't easily find one of these, I've asked morezone and bitesizetrader fairly recently but neither of them has any for sale at the moment.

Does anyone else on the Forum need any capsules for 10 oz Royal Mint silver bullion bars?

2 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

Thanks for asking 😊

Sadly for me, I only actually need 1 capsule for my 10 oz Una bar.  I can't easily find one of these, I've asked morezone and bitesizetrader fairly recently but neither of them has any for sale at the moment.

Does anyone else on the Forum need any capsules for 10 oz Royal Mint silver bullion bars?

Well, I was actually thinking of ordering a few for my self. So I'll order a few more and then I'll work out a cost price for them which I'll offer for sale to you first

5 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

Thanks for asking 😊

I would take 3 capsule for 10oz silver bars 👍

10 hours ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

Can you confirm exactly what you require please 

Could I order 30x T22 black ringed capsules for sovs and 1/4s please.

Edited by Apmex100

45 minutes ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

Just waiting on one last payment to come in then I'll be submitting the order. Thanks everyone for joining in on this order 👌

Yeah nice one for doing this, we all need tubes and caps so this was a great idea 👍