• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Air tite holders/tubes bulk order?

Quite often I see people asking about air tite holders and tubes, I know from time to time these come up for sale on here, but they are limited when they do.

I've been having a look on the air tite website, and if I were to put an order in it would cost me $52 for shipping, which obviously makes it quite expensive. So I am wondering if there would be any interest in a group order? Split the cost of the shipping and maybe get the price of items down by buying in bulk? As there are price discounts for buying different amounts. I would personally buy more then I require at the moment as it would would work out cheaper in the long run.

If there were to be sufficient interest then I would put up a different post in a few days with all the information. If you have a look on the website at the prices, don't forget that VAT will need to be added on top of everything as it's not calculated at checkout.

Have a look at the website and let me know your thoughts. https://air-tites.com/

I know @morezone is the residents seller of air tite supply's, but I've had a look at his stock list and most sizes I require he no longer has. 

You're a little too late as I just got a bunch of air tite caps from somebody off Ebay.  However, several of them turned out to be for 'T' tubes (36mm) rather than 'A' tubes (30mm) as I thought, so I've got to go back and try again.  My attempts to get caps have been a fraught on several levels.

Ergo, I'd be up for some A tubes and A22 and A19 caps if you were going to go ahead with the order.  If you go ahead, I'd be in.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

8 minutes ago, Silverlocks said:

Ergo, I'd be up for some A tubes and A22 and A19 caps if you were going to go ahead with the order.  If you go ahead, I'd be in.

If your after capsules for sovereigns and half's, you will want A19 ringed and A tubes for halfs, T22 ringed and T tubes for sovereigns (these also fit 1/4oz Brits).  The direct fit A22 do not fit sov's and brits and the direct fit A19 do not fit halfs

Interesting.  I got a tube of A22 caps from somebody off Ebay and the sovs do fit them, although it's snug and not easy to get them back out again.  Maybe I'd be better off with T tubes instead.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

7 minutes ago, Orpster said:

I would take 10x A tubes, 10x T tubes and some A19 ringed capsules if it worked out cheaper

Just for the 20 tubes it would work out about £2.20 a tube plus a share of the postage cost. If there was enough people wanting to buy 25 A or T tubes, the price would come down again

1 minute ago, Silverlocks said:

Interesting.  I got a tube of A22 caps from somebody off Ebay and the sovs do fit them, although it's snug and not easy to get them back out again.  Maybe I'd be better off with T tubes instead.

I put my sovs in the ring capsules, they fit well in them

6 minutes ago, Silverlocks said:

Sovereigns are 22.05mm, putting them in direct fit capsules which are 22mm not a good idea.  Same with half’s which are 19.5mm and 19mm capsules.  You will end up having to break the caps to get them out .

I'm using T22 ringed capsules for sovs and 1/4s at the guidance from @Orpster which ive finally settled on after years of trying nearly every cheaper option. 

Question, what red top tubes do i need?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, James32 said:

I'm using T22 ringed capsules for sovs and 1/4s at the guidance from @Orpster which ive finally settled on after years of trying nearly every cheaper option. 

You would need the 'T' tubes. 'A' tubes would be for half sovs and 1/10th

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

A’s are for half’s in A19 ringed

T’s for sovereigns and quarter in T22 ringed

H for Gold ounces in H caps (can get ringed or direct fits for these).  Can also use H for 1oz silver in direct fit caps

Edited by Orpster

Thanks for the tag @James32

I would certainly be interested in adding to a group order, if it brings price down for everyone - it's a no brainer. I wouldn't be wanting a lot but here are my thoughts.

I would take a tube for 1oz gold coins and direct fit airtite caps for them. So that would be however many capsules that fit into the tube. I believe @Orpster said it would be a H sized tube.

I would also take 2 tubes for sovs/quarter oz gold coins with direct fit airtite capsules, I believe there are 20 capsules per full tube.

Also 2 tubes for 1/10th oz gold coins filled with direct fit airtite caps for 1/10 oz gold coins

May aswell aim high and plan for the future.

Please let me know how much my items would be before you order.

Summary

1 x Tube for 1oz gold coins filled with direct fit airtites caps for 1oz gold coins

2 x Tubes for sovs/quarter oz gold filled with direct fit airtites caps for sovs/quarter oz gold coins

2 x Tubes for 1/10th oz gold filled with direct fit airtites caps for 1/10th oz gold coins

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

3 minutes ago, jackflash123 said:

Thanks for the tag @James32

I would certainly be interested in adding to a group order, if it brings price down for everyone - it's a no brainer. I wouldn't be wanting a lot but here are my thoughts.

I would take a tube for 1oz gold coins and direct fit airtite caps for them. So that would be however many capsules that fit into the tube. I believe @Orpster said it would be a H sized tube.

I would also take 2 tubes for sovs/quarter oz gold coins with direct fit airtite capsules, I believe there are 20 capsules per full tube.

Also 2 tubes for 1/10th oz gold coins filled with direct fit airtite caps for 1/10 oz gold coins

May aswell aim high and plan for the future.

Please let me know how much my items would be before you order.

Summary

1 x Tube for 1oz gold coins filled with direct fit airtites caps for 1oz gold coins

2 x Tubes for sovs/quarter oz gold filled with direct fit airtites caps for sovs/quarter oz gold coins

2 x Tubes for 1/10th oz gold filled with direct fit airtites caps for 1/10th oz gold coins

The gold coins would fit an 'H' tube, but the only question is what 1oz gold coins? As for instance a gold Britannia is a different size to a gold maple and they are different sizes the new Spanish 1oz gold coins

Following...

I maybe interested in the bulk buy for a T-tube or 2 and possibly x40 T22 black ringed capsules for Sovs.

Edited by CaptCaveMan

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

I'd like these items (note: revised):

• 3x 'T' tubes
  • 10x A 16mm (A16) ring type caps
  • 25x A 19mm (A19) ring type caps
  • 50x 22mm (T22) ring type caps

Edited by Silverlocks

36 minutes ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

The gold coins would fit an 'H' tube, but the only question is what 1oz gold coins? As for instance a gold Britannia is a different size to a gold maple and they are different sizes the new Spanish 1oz gold coins

I see, well I think it's safe to say the majority of my 1oz coins would be UK Bullion coins, brits, QB, TB, etc.

I do have some other 1oz gold coins but they are already in capsules. I have AGE, Buffalo, Krug. Would they fit into the direct fit airtites or would I be better getting the airtite caps with gaskets?

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

7 minutes ago, jackflash123 said:

I see, well I think it's safe to say the majority of my 1oz coins would be UK Bullion coins, brits, QB, TB, etc.

I do have some other 1oz gold coins but they are already in capsules. I have AGE, Buffalo, Krug. Would they fit into the direct fit airtites or would I be better getting the airtite caps with gaskets?

They would all most probably fit a H32 direct fit, but you may get some rattle from the British 1oz coins. I prefer to always use a 'ring' in my capsules as this usually stops that

4 minutes ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

They would all most probably fit a H32 direct fit, but you may get some rattle from the British 1oz coins. I prefer to always use a 'ring' in my capsules as this usually stops that

Ok go for the ringed capsules as per your recommendation. I appreciate the attention to detail from you. Same quantity as I said in my post but now the ringed airtite caps instead of direct fit airtite caps.

Many thanks 😊 

As there has been enough interest to proceed with a bulk order, I'll leave this thread open till 8pm tonight, and then I'll set about contacting everyone with prices for the their orders

14 hours ago, SiCole said:

I'm down for some as need some for sovereigns, 1/4oz and 1oz coins.

Can you confirm exactly what you require please 

Edited by BullionBuyerUK