• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

morezone
Message added by ChrisSilver

32 minutes ago, Stu said:

Atkinsons are advising delayed shipping due to volume of sales on the website. £250 for a sov, think I will wait for a drop again before adding further. 

Had a look at recent ebay sales this afternoon. prices seem well up on bullion and numis gold, as well as some crazy prices paid for some items. shields have jumped.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, silverin said:

23 hours ago, Kman said:

Must be setting a record for being up.. 45 minutes, usually 45 seconds 

still there, must be nearly 24 hours now.

couldn't resist another YH half today to go with the one from yesterday:)

14 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

still there, must be nearly 24 hours now.

couldn't resist another YH half today to go with the one from yesterday:)

What year did you get today? wont they have to be in pretty good condition to be worth it

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

1 hour ago, Kman said:

What year did you get today? wont they have to be in pretty good condition to be worth it

can't remember, another one in the 70's

maybe, maybe not,  but I just like them so I'll gamble. I don't have as many YH halves as I do fulls.

They told me they had a young head half when I phoned but I got yet another 92 jubilee head in the post.  Not too happy as it's in pretty poor shape as well.  If I was selling it I wouldn't be expecting anything above bullion value.  I won't be buying any more from them in the near future.   The last half I got from them was also a 92 and had a mount mark and a dint in the centre.  I just kept that because prices were much lower then but at current prices I'm far less happy.

58 minutes ago, Murph said:

They told me they had a young head half when I phoned but I got yet another 92 jubilee head in the post.  Not too happy as it's in pretty poor shape as well.  If I was selling it I wouldn't be expecting anything above bullion value.  I won't be buying any more from them in the near future.   The last half I got from them was also a 92 and had a mount mark and a dint in the centre.  I just kept that because prices were much lower then but at current prices I'm far less happy.

I received two young head half shields from HGM earlier this year. One was clearly an ex mount in really bad shape, half the date was missing and it had a circle of wear around it where the mount had been. They were more than happy for me to send it back after I phoned them to explain the state of the coin, no nonsense from them at all. Might be worth sending it back if its in bad shape, the premium on them is high enough to expect a coin in decent condition, especially at today's spot prices.

They did offer to give me my money back but losing out on the postage both ways made me decide to just keep it as scrap.

They also said they were surprised as they are examined before sending them out and it must have slipped through.  It looks like they don't examine them very well then.

I can't believe someone paid the premium yesterday for the two sovs they had given the possible condition of them and that you could pick up one in EF condition for around the same price from a dealer.

They have another today but I'm not buying sight unseen at those prices especially when there isn't someone there who can even give you an approximate grade.

4 hours ago, Murph said:

They did offer to give me my money back but losing out on the postage both ways made me decide to just keep it as scrap.

They also said they were surprised as they are examined before sending them out and it must have slipped through.  It looks like they don't examine them very well then.

I can't believe someone paid the premium yesterday for the two sovs they had given the possible condition of them and that you could pick up one in EF condition for around the same price from a dealer.

They have another today but I'm not buying sight unseen at those prices especially when there isn't someone there who can even give you an approximate grade.

HGM were surprised at the state of the half sovereign I sent back too, they even phoned when it was returned to apologise and said they would be more careful about what they keep and what they scrap in future, but looks like they have not learned. Not to worry there are plenty of other dealers out there for premium coins. 

14 minutes ago, Murph said:

Hgm had another half shield up this morning but someon has grabbed it already even with the high prices and it being sight unseen.

Was me . Check out the prices on ebay for 1/2 shields , i payed £135.75 whatever happens in the short term my investment in gold is long term :)

I bet you got my 1871 half shield.  I saw they had on Monday phoned was told they had one an 1871 young head so I ordered it and what just came today yet another jubilee 1892.  The third in a row from them.  The last twice I phoned to ask since the referendum I was told they were young heads only to get 1892 jubilee heads.  I'm not a happy bunny.  When I phoned to enquire just now they said they don't usually specify dates(which is a new one on me since they have always done so when I ask) and can't guarantee any date.  I didn't want them to specify a date I simply asked if they were young heads.  They shouldn't be charging such a high premium if they just want to sell them as bullion.

Received 1877 Young Head & 1887. 15% Is quite a high premium.

Bought two Proof's last week at 9% turned out to be two 1986's in good condition so was happy.

Had some winners and a few loser's, it is a gamble buying from HGM.

I wonder what happened to the 1871 then?  I bought in the afternoon as I missed the morning ones but only one was showing as in stock so I thought there would be no problem receiving it.   I was going to buy the 1/10 oz britannia today on the off chance it might be a proof but thought knowing my recent luck it would be awful so I went and bought a couple of helium filled 8tb hard drives instead.

Archived