• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

With the well documented issues PayPal is currently facing, is there a big risk here for many forum members.  Obviously many on this site use PayPal and their recent screw up threatening to take money from client accounts if they don’t like your political views has led to a potential run on their business with temporary lock out messages when trying to withdraw funds.

There is an excellent article in todays “daily sceptic” website which goes into much more detail.  Just a thought for anyone who holds significant sums in this vehicle, probably nothing to worry about, but,,,,,,,,, ? 

$2500 fine for wrong think... I'm over paypal. They've been closing accounts with people and organisations like the Free speech Union.

I'm canceling Paypal tomorrow. Apparently I need to call them to do so...

Digital CBDC will be even worse when combined with social credit scores system. What a future to look forward too.

all banks and noe building societies are following this mandate now, the iron curtain is coming down quickly. 
I will rinse PayPal of any funds, I dont think I have much, but I have 6 accounts so its worth checking. 
I really feel its time to ebay all non required household items as if people dont have the cash the second hand markets will suffer. 

Unfortunately I hold a triple ETF on PayPal, currently -70% or thereabouts. :( 

Edited by Stacktastic

20 hours ago, AurumArgenti said:

$2500 fine for wrong think... I'm over paypal. They've been closing accounts with people and organisations like the Free speech Union.

I'm canceling Paypal tomorrow. Apparently I need to call them to do so...

Digital CBDC will be even worse when combined with social credit scores system. What a future to look forward too.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/paypal-stock-fined-6-after-flood-users-cancel-over-2500-misinformation-debacle

I'm still using Paypal although I honestly don't know why, not only after this latest carry on, but because of the trouble I've had with them over the many years I was buying and selling on ebay.  It really is time for a rethink and to send them a message of disapproval similar to the message I sent to the Halifax when they came out with that nonsense about pronoun badges.

Update 5 mins later.   I just closed my Paypal account - should've done it years ago.  They didn't ask why I wanted to close it.  I guess they already know.  Morons.

Edited by flyingveepixie

• 2 weeks later...

Deep state controlled. its so obvious I cant believe this is happening & people cant see it. 
I bet the CEO was filmed banging someone they shouldn't or somehting at some point & put under the thumb.

Confessions of an economic hitman was an interesting book.  ;) 

Im gonna check my 5 Paypal accounts & shut down most of them. 
May as wave my £300 stock goodbye, but if the public are that thick it will rally with an impending melt up. 
Might even make a profit!! 

This barrister guy could be useful for a recent project I am setting up. :) 

Edited by Stacktastic

7 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Deep state controlled. its so obvious I cant believe this is happening & people cant see it. 
I bet the CEO was filmed banging someone they shouldn't or somehting at some point & put under the thumb.

Confessions of an economic hitman was an interesting book.  ;) 

Im gonna check my 5 Paypal accounts & shut down most of them. 
May as wave my £300 stock goodbye, but if the public are that thick it will rally with an impending melt up. 
Might even make a profit!! 

This barrister guy could be useful for a recent project I am setting up. :) 

Read that book, was very much worth the read.  But I guess I wasn’t really shocked by it. 

Having liberated myself from Paypal on 11th October, I now find myself asking why I ever had it in the first place...🤔   The answer is because at the time I opened it it was a requirement of ebay that you HAD to offer it as a payment option, but now..?   Completely vestigial to my needs and something of a parasite company which serves no real purpose in the world except to make a profit for itself.   Since I binned Paypal I've made several online purchases - including on ebay - and I've used alternate payment methods for all of them without a hitch.  Given that I also do not use any of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok  etc and my life ticks along just fine without them it begs the question : how many of these big tech companies do we really need in our lives?  I suspect we would all tick along just fine without any of them, and a lot of the poor souls out there who suffer such a high incidence of social media induced mental illness might also be a lot better off, but that's another discussion....

Edited by flyingveepixie

1 hour ago, flyingveepixie said:

Having liberated myself from Paypal on 11th October, I now find myself asking why I ever had it in the first place...🤔   The answer is because at the time I opened it it was a requirement of ebay that you HAD to offer it as a payment option, but now..?   Completely vestigial to my needs and something of a parasite company which serves no real purpose in the world except to make a profit for itself.   Since I binned Paypal I've made several online purchases - including on ebay - and I've used alternate payment methods for all of them without a hitch.  Given that I also do not use any of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok  etc and my life ticks along just fine without them it begs the question : how many of these big tech companies do we really need in our lives?  I suspect we would all tick along just fine without any of them, and a lot of the poor souls out there who suffer such a high incidence of social media induced mental illness might also be a lot better off, but that's another discussion....

The truth is we all are happy to sell our identity and privacy for ease of use and a dopamine hit.

Twitter and the likes are a hell scape that I'm glad to have dropped a few years ago.

The same goes for live TV and the need for a TV licence. 

I just wished I could manage without a smartphone. But seeing that bank branches and physical money are fastly becoming a thing of the past, we're screwed. 🙂

On 30/10/2022 at 09:25, AurumArgenti said:

The truth is we all are happy to sell our identity and privacy for ease of use and a dopamine hit.

Twitter and the likes are a hell scape that I'm glad to have dropped a few years ago.

The same goes for live TV and the need for a TV licence. 

I just wished I could manage without a smartphone. But seeing that bank branches and physical money are fastly becoming a thing of the past, we're screwed. 🙂

Agreed. Convenience and ease of use seems to trump all in this age of instant gratification and the low attention span.  It's a trap for the unwary.

I like the description - "hell scape" - very appropriate.  I did actually try twitter and facebook on more than one occasion several years ago when I was still trying to keep up with the in-crowd, but quickly found them to be repetetive, boring, tiresome and shallow.   Everyone seems to want to communicate in one-liners these days and with stupid smart a.r.s.e.d quips which I really have no time or patience for.

I dropped the TV licence and piped in propaganda in 2007 and have never looked back.

I'm still stuck with the smartphone too but am looking at options...

I use physical FIAT for every face to face transaction and always urge everyone I come into contact with to do the same but it's odd to see people agreeing with me enthusiastically and then going off to make payment with their phones regardless....  By far and away the greatest percentage of those being suckered into this digital nightmare are the youngsters but they seem to prefer it...Like so many sheep being herded to a cliff edge...

Edited by flyingveepixie

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use