• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Commemorative coins from my Grandad

I can tell you the 1977 Jubilee commemorative coin value is absolutely worthless. Its cupro nickel......

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 hour ago, Mothballjim said:

Smart arse 😂

It once did when I put some surgical spirit on it after I got a saddle sore!

And, it is not being smart, all those coins and the one medallion tell you what they are if you bother to read the words, and / or search for them using Google.

If some of them are in Latin or other languages, use Google Translate.

What's better, for someone to tell you what each and every coin is, or to help you to find out for yourself?

😎

44 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

I can tell you the 1977 Jubilee commemorative coin value is absolutely worthless. Its cupro nickel......

Well, 25p technically, but just try spending it!

😎

Chards

2 hours ago, Mothballjim said:

Hello guys,

I was wondering if anyone can help me identify any of these coins..

Thanks in advance 🤝

I can recommend a certain Blackpool bullion dealer that may be able to help you identify them. Just pop into the store and they should have plenty of time to go through them with you :)  It will be a great day out, if you are lucky you will meet the owner! 

78av.gif

Well as a small head start, just looking at the still image (I haven't watched the video) you have some Victoria Gothic florins, a Victoria Jubilee Head shilling and half crown, a couple of Edward VII florins, a few threepences and sixpences, a crown that is likely to be Victoria, a George V half crown, a florin that is likely to be George V - etc.

Edit - and a George III Cartwheel Penny.

Check for rare dates - especially on the florins, but most of them will only be worth melt value in that condition.  Maybe a little more for the gothic florins, but you may have quite a tough job finding a buyer willing to pay much more.

This resource is helpful on rare dates.  In UK grading terms, most of those coins would not even be considered Fine so they aren't high grade at all.

http://www.coins-of-the-uk.co.uk/values/index.html

Edited by Stuntman

50 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

Well as a small head start, just looking at the still image (I haven't watched the video) you have some Victoria Gothic florins, a Victoria Jubilee Head shilling and half crown, a couple of Edward VII florins, a few threepences and sixpences, a crown that is likely to be Victoria, a George V half crown, a florin that is likely to be George V - etc.

Edit - and a George III Cartwheel Penny.

Check for rare dates - especially on the florins, but most of them will only be worth melt value in that condition.  Maybe a little more for the gothic florins, but you may have quite a tough job finding a buyer willing to pay much more.

This resource is helpful on rare dates.  In UK grading terms, most of those coins would not even be considered Fine so they aren't high grade at all.

http://www.coins-of-the-uk.co.uk/values/index.html

Thanks very much for the info!