• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Improved King Charles III Coin Portrait

18 hours ago, Norskgeld said:

Charlie in his budgie smugglers on skis a la a certain Blackpool coin dealer would be nice to see. 😁

Could you make do with this for now?

KINGCHARDIMOCKUPsilver.thumb.jpg.ca5ef9776f898df29dcf555967b11ab3.jpg

Might need a longer coin for the requested shot!

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

16 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

Actually the RM version looks good it will make a fresh change to have a different monarch on our coins 👍

The Chard version was a very good effort but needed more of a side on view 👍

I think @SemolinaPilchard will be happy to hear "very good effort".

It was a profile view, which is normally regarded as a side on view.

Did you expect something diofferent like a "front side" view or even "back side" view?

😎

Chards

2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I think @SemolinaPilchard will be happy to hear "very good effort".

It was a profile view, which is normally regarded as a side on view.

Did you expect something diofferent like a "front side" view or even "back side" view?

😎

Looking at the RM side on view only one eyebrow is shown , where as on the Royal Chards version two eyebrows can be seen thats why I knocked a couple of points off 😃

On 01/10/2022 at 15:16, LawrenceChard said:

Buy one eyebrow, get one free!

😎

Honestly, I think the Chards attempt is more accurate. The official one look completely off to me. Seeing a lot of positive comments about it on the forum as I sit here in disbelief. No accounting for taste, Mr. Chard! :lol:

By the way, why is "CHARDS" often missing an apostrophe?

7 minutes ago, SlowFrog said:

Honestly, I think the Chards attempt is more accurate. The official one look completely off to me. Seeing a lot of positive comments about it on the forum as I sit here in disbelief. No accounting for taste, Mr. Chard! :lol:

By the way, why is "CHARDS" often missing an apostrophe?

It's a style thing. It looks cleaner and neater.

Also:

"There is a trend towards removing apostrophes from business names and place names. This trend may be unstoppable, though it is of course censured by the Apostrophe Protection Society, among others. Confusion and brand simplification are among the reasons for the mark’s gradual disappearance from these domains. A spokesperson for Barclays Bank said of the missing apostrophe: “It has just disappeared over the years. Barclays is no longer associated with the family name.”"

Not only that, but it would not work in an URL, such as chard's.co.uk.

Chard.co.uk was already in use. "Chards" therefore provides a more consistent approach.

Thanks for asking!

😎

Chards

On 30/09/2022 at 20:23, Norskgeld said:

Charlie in his budgie smugglers on skis would be nice to see. 

Bro...There are things in this world that once seen will forever scar. Stick with your Blackpool bullion dealer bird hiders, that would be my advice. At least we've all had time to digest that image!