• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Proof sovereign 2023

refero

Starting this new thread specifically for the 2023 proof sovereign as my previous questions have gone lost amongst all comments...

Assuming CH III portrait/effige has already been prepared in the past months, can the 2023 proof sovereign be released (in november as usual??) before the official coronation of the king??

I personally think the 2023 Sovereign will have Charles III effigy as it will be his Coronation year.

However I also think releasing it at the end of this year would be in bad taste.

This format of having an annual release at the end of the year for coins of the following year has become a fad because the Mints started trying to capitulate on the hype of the “new year” coins. The releases for following years seems to be getting earlier as the years pass (sort of like Christmas). We just saw the 2023 Yale for example and we’re only in September.

I suspect the Coronation will be held next summer, in anticipation of clement weather; but the annual Sovereign will be released a few months earlier (maybe as early as January).

Just my 2c. 🙂

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

The releases for following years seems to be getting earlier as the years pass (sort of like Christmas). We just saw the 2023 Yale for example and we’re only in September.

I've just ordered the 2249 King William IX coin, hope it shows up soon! 😁

3 hours ago, refero said:

Starting this new thread specifically for the 2023 proof sovereign as my previous questions have gone lost amongst all comments...

Assuming CH III portrait/effige has already been prepared in the past months, can the 2023 proof sovereign be released (in november as usual??) before the official coronation of the king??

I saw on something this week on TV, that King Charles III refused to sit for his portrait for coins and stamps whilst the Queen was still in power, as he saw it as disrespectful. So, by the time that is done, then tooling made I can't see any coins with him before December time

3 hours ago, refero said:

There is already a topic / thread:

For bullion and proof versions, as they are normally similar.

But see also:

😎

Chards

52 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

I've heard there are delays on deliveries from China.

Outsourcing!

At least the colour will be better.

Made by lots of little yellow gold sovereign production workers!

😎

54 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

Llantrisant, China?

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, SidS said:

I've just ordered the 2249 King William IX coin, hope it shows up soon! 😁

1 hour ago, Zhorro said:

42 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Working on it!

😎

Sorry about the delay:

KINGWILLIAMIXGOLD.thumb.jpg.0a987669989af30ddcb6641e2181447c.jpg

😎

Chards