• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Just got paid to buy gold!

So this is a bit of a heads up for anyone who collects nectar points and is a premium member of Quidco. I just bought an Austrian philharmonic 1/10 gold coin for £189 and I basically got paid £2.95 for doing so along with a free coin.

First off, nectar are offering 8 x points on eBay, and you need to opt in. So that equals 1512 points for my coin. Those points are worth £7.56

Then Quidco is offering premium members £5 cashback on any purchase, opt in. And then also offering 1% cashback on eBay, so another £1.89

You can spend nectar points on eBay once you covert them into a voucher, but it will only work on UK based listings. You have to spend at least £10 along with the voucher. So I converted 35500 nectar points on eBay, which is £177.50 and then I paid the remaining £11.50 for the coin. So my only outgoings for this purchase is £11.50

So I earned £6.89 cashback on Quidco.

1512 nectar points worth £7.56

Which both come to £14.45.

Deduct the £11.50 I paid 

And I still got paid £2.95 for buying this coin.

I've only mentioned this on here as it may be of help to some people wanting to make a purchase who don't have the available funds during these tight economic times. Plus, it's always nice to earn extra nectar points/cashback on any purchase.

I will also mention, that when I buy any gold or silver from eBay, I ALWAYS select the click and collect option for delivery and collect from my local Argos. This is an extra measure to protect my details from any rouge people out there.

15 minutes ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

This is an extra measure to protect my details from any rouge people out there.

rouge1
/ruːʒ/
1. noun
  1. a red powder or cream used as a cosmetic for colouring the cheeks or lips.
    "she wore patches of rouge on her cheeks"

2. 2.
    short for jeweller's rouge.

verb

1. colour with rouge.
    "the make-up artist rouged my cheeks"
    •  

adjective

1. (of wine) red.

Or as in "Moulin Rouge"?
    😎

Chards

3 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:
rouge1
/ruːʒ/
1. noun
  1. a red powder or cream used as a cosmetic for colouring the cheeks or lips.
    "she wore patches of rouge on her cheeks"

2. 2.
    short for jeweller's rouge.

verb

1. colour with rouge.
    "the make-up artist rouged my cheeks"
    •  

adjective

1. (of wine) red.

Or as in "Moulin Rouge"?
    😎

Apologies for my speed typing, and missing that error of mine. Rogue was of course what I meant. If only we were all as perfect as you!

But how much did you have to spend in Sainsburys to get 35500 nectar points? Half the shop 😀

I always see people in the USA talking about earning ebay bucks when they purchase coins off of ebay, sounds like they have a good rewards system over there. Over here Nectar and clubcard and the like seem to have gotten a lot worse over the years.

6 minutes ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

Apologies for my speed typing, and missing that error of mine. Rogue was of course what I meant. If only we were all as perfect as you!

Who says I'm prefect  perfect?

I also have rogue fingers which usually spell George as Geroge!

😎

Chards

Just now, GoldStatue said:

But how much did you have to spend in Sainsburys to get 35500 nectar points? Half the shop 😀

I always see people in the USA talking about earning ebay bucks when they purchase coins off of ebay, sounds like they have a good rewards system over there. Over here Nectar and clubcard and the like seem to have gotten a lot worse over the years.

I have a nectar American express card, I use it for nearly all my purchases, you get 20,000 points for signing up to it via the nectar app, and double points on all spends. If I buy from someone on TSF and I can pay via PayPal I will, as that card is linked to that. It doesn't take long for the points to soon mount up. There are always deals for 5/6/7 x points as well, which help bump it up. I don't very often shop in Sainsbury's, if I did I'd probably have 25% more points

4 minutes ago, GoldStatue said:

Providing it's money he was spending anyway then great. Clearly don't go and spend however much in Sainsbury's for the sake of making it work 🤣

Anyone got any ideas for whatever avios are called these days? 

When I say ideas is there a cost effective way to use them to buy bullion somewhere?

10 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

Providing it's money he was spending anyway then great. Clearly don't go and spend however much in Sainsbury's for the sake of making it work 🤣

Anyone got any ideas for whatever avios are called these days? 

When I say ideas is there a cost effective way to use them to buy bullion somewhere?

You can convert Avios points into nectar points, I'm not sure of the conversation rate, but I did this a while back with some old Avios points I had

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

Buying gold at £1890 an ounce - braver person than I for sure.

Well that price did include Special delivery as well, so if you take that price away it's only £4 more then what it is to buy one from Atkinsons 🤷🏻‍♂️

And I've not actually parted with any of my cash

Edited by BullionBuyerUK