• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Someone started stacking... (me!)

Welcome!  It is said that a journey of a 1,000 miles begins with a single step.  When we share the experiences of our journey, it will fortify us to continue stacking in the long run.   Good job on your 20 oz, that's definitely more than when I first started out.  

As a relatively new TSF member myself I can safely say how fun it is being sensible, for those reasons you listed, on here. A little financial stability in a tangible asset really does help me sleep better at night and the forum gives me something to read over my morning coffee. 

Buying precious metals, for me, is a way of spending my money on savings. As opposed to spending my savings. 

I think that makes sense...

12 hours ago, FourNinesFine said:

Hello,

I wanted to introduce myself as a brand new stacker. This is day 1 for me on TSF.

By way of introduction, I found my way into the world of stacking, not through traditional 'investing' or 'collecting' channels, but through more of the geo-political discourse. I'd started to investigate ways of moving funds away from traditional banking environments (FIAT currency) and was immediately attracted to the proposition of investing in (physical) metals. I hope that doesn't make me seem like a doomsayer. But whilst I'm not expecting the worst, it's fair to say my spider-sense has recently started to tingle.

Investing in precious metals seems to me, to be a sensible way to hedge against some of the potential scenarios at play, whilst maintaining a portfolio that can be handed to my children for their futures.

I only wish my pockets were deeper. As it is, I'm likely to be one of the forum's more modest investors.

I took possession this week of my first 20oz of silver - 13 Britannias and 7 Maples, thanks to the lovely folks at @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer

A small stack. But, from little acorns do mighty oaks grow. I hope that my investment journey continues for many yeears to come and that I enjoy it alongsiide you fine folks and this community.

All the best,

FNF.

Welcome to the forum FNF! Good way to start your stack!!

12 hours ago, MagnusOpum said:

Buying precious metals, for me, is a way of spending my money on savings. As opposed to spending my savings. 

I think that makes sense...

Absolutely makes sense. This is exactly my current frame of mind. IK hope your stacking is going well. :)

Thanks for the message.

FNF

12 minutes ago, Agaumac said:

Great intro. Fine start four nines, you’ve definitely arrived amongst like minded people, enjoy 

It definitely feels that way already; folks have been very welcoming.

Thanks for dropping me a message. Good luck with your continued stacking / collecting.

FNF

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founder & Administrator

Hello and welcome to The Silver Forum :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• 4 months later...