• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed UNICEF Charity Auction: Over £200 raised! Thank you all!

Darr3nG

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HerefordBullyun said:

@Darr3nGPlease place this in the FAQ as an interesting fact. Lord admiral nelson couldn't swim fact!  - and if he could he only had one arm so he would only go round in circles.....

That’s nothing.

I once knew a man who was in the RAF and he couldn’t even fly.

Fancy joining the RAF when you can’t fly. 😂

3 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

That’s nothing.

I once knew a man who was in the RAF and he couldn’t even fly.

Fancy joining the RAF when you can’t fly. 😂

As I was writing this I could hear this line on a Les Dawson sketch of Cissy and Ada.

(No I’m not that old but I still love watching the replays) 😂

10 minutes ago, James32 said:

Time to get this moving again...£75 plus £5 plus £4 plus £3 plus £2 plus £1 

Someone else can work out the total as my calculator is in French. 

Haven’t you got an abacus?

I’d never trust a French calculator, I wouldn’t understand the numbers. 😂

1 minute ago, Foster88 said:

apologies for jumping in on your auction for a great cause.

I’ve made a £10 donation to Unicef. I hope it helps to go towards your total.

No apologies necessary, everyone is welcome here.

Thank you so much for your kind donation.

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

102 £1 pizza's out of Iceland ( if they are still a thing) or £ equivalent 🙋‍♂️

Thank you for your bid.

You may not be aware, but 1g Valacambi Gold Bars make mighty fine barter chips, for high-class auctions, such as this. Just sayin'...

Just now, Darr3nG said:

Thank you for your bid.

You may not be aware, but 1g Valacambi Gold Bars make mighty fine barter chips, for high-class auctions, such as this. Just sayin'...

I love charity work/good deeds, but never had aspirations of being a director of one.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Jaysus, I was getting excited there for a minute, I thought @James32 had donated a 1g Valcambi bar to the auction. 
Then I re-read it...

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

Just now, James32 said:

More like 1g of sugar😁

With food shortages inbound.. 1g sugar could be a weeks worth of food stamps!

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

2 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Don't think sugar is in danger, wheat however could become a serious problem soon.

Agree wheat is a more near term problem, with Russia and the Ukraine being large global exporters. However with Russia producing just under 1/5th of the worlds fertilizer, that is a serious issue going forward. All modern agriculture relies heavily on fertilizers. 

Archived