• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What do people think of the gold 50p for the platinum jubilee - winner or loser for the future?

tom10101990

Just now, Darr3nG said:

Did it have a QC sticker? How could anyone miss that? Brutal!

Actually good point, no QC sticker for me for some reason lol. Mabye the COA is too nice😉. In actuality though, due to the foam insert being their if the QC is done after the coin being encapulsated, it's hard to spot the chip on the edge. I hope they can either remint it or give me a perfect set asap.  

Regarding reminting, does anyone know if you keep the orinigal COA? I would love that lol.

7 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I've also just noticed a mark on this, but you could argue I've only got myself to blame!

It was struck 3 times and it looks like the die was due for replacement as there is a small bit of additional metal near the base.

IMG_20220206_183237.thumb.jpg.30c64269736bf2327a7e54cde9c63571.jpg

Just out of curiosity paul, do you know if there were VIP tours today at all. I wonder if they would have been able to struck a gold mounted strike your own if there were any VIP tours today.

4 minutes ago, Jeremyzed said:

Just out of curiosity paul, do you know if there were VIP tours today at all. I wonder if they would have been able to struck a gold mounted strike your own if there were any VIP tours today.

I'm not aware of any, but I was only there from about 2pm. This was the first time I've been and they were running regular tours every 20 minutes from 8am to 8pm, and I thought the VIP ones were only on Wednesdays. I only saw the opportunity to book a regular tour, and even those sold out superfast.

I bumped into some nice "cointubers"!

3 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I'm not aware of any, but I was only there from about 2pm. This was the first time I've been and they were running regular tours every 20 minutes from 8am to 8pm, and I thought the VIP ones were only on Wednesdays. I only saw the opportunity to book a regular tour, and even those sold out superfast.

I bumped into some nice "cointubers"!

That's so cool, who, backyard bullion?