• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What do people think of the gold 50p for the platinum jubilee - winner or loser for the future?

tom10101990

20 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I'm weirdly more excited about my £26 two-coin bunc pack arriving today, partly because of the mystery of how it will be presented! The website only shows pictures of the coins.

This sold out super quick too. I didn’t get one in the end so am also keen to see how it is presented. For the £26 you would hope for a box, at least!!

1 minute ago, AndrewSL76 said:

This sold out super quick too. I didn’t get one in the end so am also keen to see how it is presented. For the £26 you would hope for a box, at least!!

I have a feeling it might just be one of those fold out cards in a cardboard slipcase like what the cheapest annual sets come in. Still, I am prepared to be pleasantly surprised if it's more than that! I'll be disappointed if it's just like a regular 50p bunc pack. I will let you know later :D 

1 minute ago, paulmerton said:

I have a feeling it might just be one of those fold out cards in a cardboard slipcase like what the cheapest annual sets come in. Still, I am prepared to be pleasantly surprised if it's more than that! I'll be disappointed if it's just like a regular 50p bunc pack. I will let you know later :D 

Love the tension and expectation is rising on all the releases here! Makes the whole thing that little bit more exciting!!

Mine are being delivered to my office and I am working from home so won’t be able to collect and share pictures until much later today. Sad face. 

The Royal Mint have sent out pictures of the obverse of this Sundays one off SOTD 50p visitor centre exclusive, another variation for all you completionists out there 😀

By the sounds of it not too dissimilar to the Queen on horse back we have on the current Jubilee 50p but the horse is in a different position.

1 minute ago, GoldStatue said:

The Royal Mint have sent out pictures of the obverse of this Sundays one off SOTD 50p visitor centre exclusive, another variation for all you completionists out there 😀

By the sounds of it not too dissimilar to the Queen on horse back we have on the current Jubilee 50p but the horse is in a different position.

Oh wow! That is exciting.

9 minutes ago, GoldStatue said:

Would you mind posting the image? They don't seem to have emailed me :D 

15 minutes ago, GoldStatue said:

Hmmm... I live 30 minutes from the mint. Someone want to pay me to make a pilgramige to get a SOTD coin struck at the royal mint experiance? 🤣

Despite not even existing yet, the 6th Feb SYO cupronickel coins seem to be selling for £100+ on eBay, and that was before the unique design came to light! That is crazy!

I think the max mintage could be as many as 1,400 if everyone on the tours buys as many as they're allowed.

52 minutes ago, GoldStatue said:

This was a week ago, but it seems to contradict

image.png.78d90232463a93ff4161735df80e7221.png

3 hours ago, paulmerton said:

Oh no :D

image.thumb.png.2fa96da533dbcfd6eb0a82dd0317cbc0.png

3 hours ago, Ashes said:

Hmmm... I live 30 minutes from the mint. Someone want to pay me to make a pilgramige to get a SOTD coin struck at the royal mint experiance? 🤣

It's all sold out now.

People are being limited to buying 3 SOTD 50p's, so they can sell off two of them and that pays for their visit and their SOTD coin.

4 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

What indicated that this is going to be the image on the obverse?

The person who I'm buying the coin from, going to Cardiff didn't really tickle my fancy. 

You may have heard differently???

Anyhow I guess we'll find out for sure on Sunday, not too long to wait!

1 minute ago, GoldStatue said:

The person who I'm buying the coin from, going to Cardiff didn't really tickle my fancy. 

You may have heard differently???

Anyhow I guess we'll find out for sure on Sunday, not too long to wait!

The Royal Mint said on their Facebook page that it will be the same coin as the one currently available for purchase.

It would be exciting if that turns out not to be the case, of course!

2 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

The Royal Mint said on their Facebook page that it will be the same coin as the one currently available for purchase.

It would be exciting if that turns out not to be the case, of course!

I hope it is or there's going to be a lot of angry coin collectors turning up on Sunday 😀 

s-l1600.jpg.221d969dd8448b7dcdcdbc878f375bde.jpg

Just now, GoldStatue said:

I hope it is or there's going to be a lot of angry coin collectors turning up on Sunday 😀 

s-l1600.jpg.221d969dd8448b7dcdcdbc878f375bde.jpg

I think that's just referring to the fact that the Strike Your Own Jubilee coins on the other dates have the JC portrait instead of the horse.

Everyone is expecting it to be the horse obverse - I'd just be surprised if it's a different horse to the one they're already selling.

Got mine two coin set on thursday, but was too busy to post about it.

Unforuntetaly, although I got a very good COA,arguably the best😉, I think they need to go back to the mint, as the jody clark reverse has some frosting on the mirror bits and the mounted portait has a chipped edge.

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg