• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

QB,s 1 oz Gold Proof Full Set with The Completer.

Howie

No but I have the 1oz silver set all PF 70s & they are stunning. Re the gold coins you have it would spoil your set if you didn't get a full run of 70's & you can almost guarantee you'll get a least 2 or 3 69's.

Re the completer which is not really part of the set I'd just grade that one & keep your beautiful set as it is.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

I'd keep them in the omp..I'm not a great believer in grading coins...its controversial and personal preference for you... imo paying a company to grade my coins..paying them to grade my  coins is exploiting us of our hard earned money.....just another new born idea to fleece us out of our fiat..but many collectors love to get their bullion or proof coins graded so they can sell on forums like Ebay and get a higher price. To each their own... but I'm not paying a company money..waiting on average of 45 days for the return on my coins hoping i will get a PF70 or MS70....which is unlikely.. or you can pay them more to receive your coins earlier....🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵 exploiting us big time...but to each their own ..

Regards.

6 hours ago, Howie said:

I have acquired all of the Queens Beasts 1 oz Gold Proof Coins of which I am very proud and lucky to possess. I would be very interested to know if anyone else on TSF has the same and has them all Graded? I’ve asked on two other Topics in the forum but sadly no response.  I’m in two minds about grading when it comes to Rare Coins! I enjoy them in the presentation box they come with what a beautiful sight. I understand that Collectors only buy the best and from a buyers point of view quite rightly so but given there are only, at the most 380 Sets Worldwide buyers haven’t got that much of a choice anyway! Food for thought. If Grading then I’d go for The Completer which really isn’t part of the Set but a complimentary Coin which I think is the most  stunning of the whole series. Any thoughts advice or Pro + Contra about Grading would be most welcome. 

Stay Safe y,all Regards and greetings from rainy old Germany

Howie

75CC8BE4-ECDE-4F07-B727-ECC0DFAA053E.jpeg

Here you go Howie not mine obviously 😆taken from a Facebook group. First full graded set that I have seen. 

562FFED2-AEC4-47FE-8339-1F2A568C383A.png

E5832743-7B72-4FA5-BE38-CDFE93D74CCA.png

8 hours ago, CollectorNo1 said:

I'd keep them in the omp..I'm not a great believer in grading coins...its controversial and personal preference for you... imo paying a company to grade my coins..paying them to grade my  coins is exploiting us of our hard earned money.....just another new born idea to fleece us out of our fiat..but many collectors love to get their bullion or proof coins graded so they can sell on forums like Ebay and get a higher price. To each their own... but I'm not paying a company money..waiting on average of 45 days for the return on my coins hoping i will get a PF70 or MS70....which is unlikely.. or you can pay them more to receive your coins earlier....🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵 exploiting us big time...but to each their own ..

Regards.

My thoughts exactly but „What a difference a Grade makes“!

EA2014E2-9211-42F9-B547-9443E5CAD5ED.jpeg

4 hours ago, Howie said:

My thoughts exactly but „What a difference a Grade makes“!

EA2014E2-9211-42F9-B547-9443E5CAD5ED.jpeg

Yes makes a very big difference..but not always...what puts me off the most is sending my PM's through the post....and waiting over a month..anything could happen to them...although I havnt heard any horror stories..

2 hours ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Yes makes a very big difference..but not always...what puts me off the most is sending my PM's through the post....and waiting over a month..anything could happen to them...although I havnt heard any horror stories..

That’s one of my main worries. If The Completer eg. did get lost or somehow disappeared you’d only get the insurance money back. No replacement (I’d have to purchase for double the price I paid for this one) just the insurance! I have lost stuff (disappeared) with DHL before so I’d use a Courier. costly but peace of mind.

Take Care & Regards

@Howie I think it depends on how OCD you are if they get different grades. I prefer having my coins graded tbh. Also do you plan on selling these coins soon. If so grading can help but if your in no rush to sell you could leave it a while. Right now NGC waiting times are up and you could atleast wait till they come back down.

1 hour ago, Howie said:

That’s one of my main worries. If The Completer eg. did get lost or somehow disappeared you’d only get the insurance money back. No replacement (I’d have to purchase for double the price I paid for this one) just the insurance! I have lost stuff (disappeared) with DHL before so I’d use a Courier. costly but peace of mind.

Take Care & Regards

They grade millions of coins. I never heard, that they lost something. If that is just the reason for you not to grade this amazing coin set, just take it by yourself to NGC Munich, or go to a Grading Event at PCGS Paris. A ticket to Paris should not cost much more, than a insured courier to France.

But raw it's also a really stunning set.

2 hours ago, FlorinCollector said:

@Howie I think it depends on how OCD you are if they get different grades. I prefer having my coins graded tbh. Also do you plan on selling these coins soon. If so grading can help but if your in no rush to sell you could leave it a while. Right now NGC waiting times are up and you could atleast wait till they come back down.

No not planning on selling them in the foreseeable future. I started collecting the series because I was fascinated by & admiring such beautiful Coins. I’d hoped, (I’ve started so I’ll finish) to get the full set. Wasn’t easy but got there somehow. Not much admiring them now though too scared of burgles etc. 

89FBBC9B-833B-4183-805D-FE7A82FE5933.jpeg

1 hour ago, dikefalos said:

They grade millions of coins. I never heard, that they lost something. If that is just the reason for you not to grade this amazing coin set, just take it by yourself to NGC Munich, or go to a Grading Event at PCGS Paris. A ticket to Paris should not cost much more, than a insured courier to France.

But raw it's also a really stunning set.

Thanks for your comments. It’s not the only reason why but also the principle of the matter as @CollectorNo1stated. For 1, 2 or 3  Coins OK but the full set?  Not really convinced. A Courier service would be around €25,00 peanuts compared with travel costs. München being the next NGC Office about 600 Km away but would be a nice weekend trip  though if it wasn’t for COVID-19.

Regards & Stay Safe

2 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@Howie Yes that is a shame. We collect these nice things and you can’t even sit it on your desk in your house incase you are robbed. 😔 kind of ruins it.

Too true! I don’t know about England or other European countries but Burglars here are on the rampage. I have one or the other in my Safe at Home which I take out & admire. Would love to buy a display cabinet but wishful thinking!

Regards & Take Care

1 hour ago, Howie said:

No not planning on selling them in the foreseeable future. I started collecting the series because I was fascinated by & admiring such beautiful Coins. I’d hoped, (I’ve started so I’ll finish) to get the full set. Wasn’t easy but got there somehow. Not much admiring them now though too scared of burgles etc. 

89FBBC9B-833B-4183-805D-FE7A82FE5933.jpeg

Where do you live..in a bank vault....😉

On 27/08/2021 at 16:20, Howie said:

I have acquired all of the Queens Beasts 1 oz Gold Proof Coins of which I am very proud and lucky to possess. I would be very interested to know if anyone else on TSF has the same and has them all Graded? I’ve asked on two other Topics in the forum but sadly no response.  I’m in two minds about grading when it comes to Rare Coins! I enjoy them in the presentation box they come with what a beautiful sight. I understand that Collectors only buy the best and from a buyers point of view quite rightly so but given there are only, at the most 380 Sets Worldwide buyers haven’t got that much of a choice anyway! Food for thought. If Grading then I’d go for The Completer which really isn’t part of the Set but a complimentary Coin which I think is the most  stunning of the whole series. Any thoughts advice or Pro + Contra about Grading would be most welcome. 

Stay Safe y,all Regards and greetings from rainy old Germany

Howie

75CC8BE4-ECDE-4F07-B727-ECC0DFAA053E.jpeg

I personally believe this set looks so much better raw..than slabbed between 2 pieces of plastic....stunning....