• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Looking towards my family's future

Hello guys and girls, my name is crawley, I'm from a place called...crawley...erm and hi.

Been invited here by someone on the reddit sub, basically looking to start stacking some gold for the future of the family. Paper money and savings don't seem to be worth what they was, so I'm hoping gold will be my retirement plan.

I'm hoping to start soon, so any advice you can offer will be super useful and welcomed, also anyone from or near crawley, West Sussex that might have a idea as to where I can buy locally that would be a massive help

53 minutes ago, dicker said:

Hi @crawleyboy01

Welcome!  There is loads of info on the forum.  

The search function is fantastic but equally post on the gold section.  People are friendly and answer questions.  

Cheers

Dicker

24 minutes ago, Fadeingstar said:

Hello and welcome to the forum. A lot of the time the best deals can be found in the buy & sell section here on the forum. A silver premium membership (or higher) is well recommended as the best deals do go in literally minutes.

1 hour ago, Lr103 said:

Welcome to the forum!

Hi guys and thank you for the warm welcome. I will definitely check out the memberships and look into the gold sub, thank you 

12 hours ago, crawleyboy01 said:

Hello guys and girls, my name is crawley, I'm from a place called...crawley...erm and hi.

Been invited here by someone on the reddit sub, basically looking to start stacking some gold for the future of the family. Paper money and savings don't seem to be worth what they was, so I'm hoping gold will be my retirement plan.

I'm hoping to start soon, so any advice you can offer will be super useful and welcomed, also anyone from or near crawley, West Sussex that might have a idea as to where I can buy locally that would be a massive help

Welcome to the forum! Stacking is a good way to preserve wealth, but also good to learn to love coins and their history. Before you know it you are a collector also ;) 

Welcome to the forum! To chime in with Jvw, you may start stacking and later find yourself become both stacker and collector. There's a wealth of information on the forum that may help you and if you have specific questions, you can always post a topic to ask for help or advice.

Silver membership is a great addition as you'll have immediate visibility of any trade topics (non-premium members have a 72h delay). Good deals here don't last very long so a membership may prove to be beneficial.

In terms of advice - two things to keep in mind when buying PM's

1) Make sure you have an exit strategy. Stacking form long term pension is an exit strategy, but can you exit if you had to in unforeseen circumstances? 
2) If a deal you see, be it here, ebay, any dealer, etc, seems to good to be true, it probably is. Don't hesitate to ask for the opinion of others if you are not sure about a potential purchase of the validity of an item - the people here are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Enjoy the journey!