• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How Much Gold and Silver Is Needed For Financial Crisis

On 01/08/2021 at 13:53, kimchi said:

So many unknowns... some would say what is coming will be unprecedented in history even handed down directly by our grandfathers' fathers...we may need plenty of food and water and potentially stocked medicines to even get as far as capitalising on gold or silver. Any major 'analyst' who doesn't mention those isn't worth their salt imvho (which is not saying much really as that would be worth an absolute fortune very early on, as would tobacco etc).

Equally, gold and silver could be totally taken out of the equation by confiscation etc and a central (likely world) government-imposed social credit cyptocurrency/credit. Brush up on those hunter/gatherer skills folks, 

This could be the most accurate take on future possibilities. It seems the US money system is going to be completely digital in the near future. So then how do gold and silver factor in?

So what we may be facing is likely unprecedented. I really believe we have no idea what things will look like. But I don't know what else to do to prepare other than to stack food, water, other necessities, and silver and gold.

On 30/07/2021 at 20:13, SilverStorm said:

uploads%2F1472667189767-chart1.png

I was reading through the first bit, thinking "this reeks of Mike Balony' and low and behold its his company I think.

I have not read all the comments, but I would say hedging and stacking stuff that is inflation sensitive as well as clearing debt would be the first step. 
Also having a plan in place. For example is meat goes through the roof, farm fish in your back yard. 
If Fuel goes through the roof, collect veg oil and make biofuel, or buy an electric vehicle and set up a solar system.

There is no guarantee metals prices will go up in a depression or recession, but you would be silly not to have some given the fundamentals. 
Personally I would be happy with 10oz gold as downturns never last that long, especially hyper inflation (ignoring Zimbawee). 
And there are always ways to save money and also profit off the downturn (like setting up a toilet paper & hand sanitiser company last year). ;)

In a war or under some serious issues (ie living in Zimbabwe) as much gold as I could afford / carry on the move.
But a few kg's would not be amiss as that could literally be the difference between life and death. .  ;) 
I would prefer to have a few guns if its that bad mind you. over stock of popular Ammo for trading too. .22, .308, 12 bore. 

Edited by Stacktastic

19 minutes ago, ady said:

Not answering the question, but maybe a good way to look at your stack no matter how big.

9fn3mzy282m71.jpg?width=1796&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=fff9e977bf71853b7552b686d1c6b00e3f29a37e

Is there one for gold? 

Unfortunately I am about 100 Oz shy of being a common man. 😁

On 01/08/2021 at 13:28, LawrenceChard said:

Quite typical hype from a typical American dealer.

(I presume they are American, but after spending about a minute scanning their linked page, home page, and about us page, I could not find their address to enable my to confirm my guess. I feel sure it will be there somewhere, but that's poor web design, in my opinion)

The writer completely omitted any mention of platinum, possibly because their compnay does not sell much of it.

The article is from Mike Maloney’s GoldSilver. com email link that he sends out (yes I receive his emails as well👍🏾) He is American. He has some very sensible things to say! I recommend watching his 10 part series ‘Hidden Secrets of Money’ on YT.

On a side note, platinum is not recognised as ‘money’ no matter how you can buy platinum bars and rounds/coins🤔 it has never been used as money and, I dare say, never will🤔️I’m jus’ sayin’🤗

On 01/08/2021 at 15:21, kena said:

goldsilver.com appears to be a US site.

I find it a bit odd that don't say where they are located or where their offices are.

Their privacy policy gives an address in California on https://support.goldsilver.com/hc/en-us/articles/216269187-Privacy-Policy while in their support section it gives an Illinois address on https://support.goldsilver.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045366832-Which-address-should-I-use-to-mail-my-check while another question they say their corporate HQ is in New York on https://support.goldsilver.com/hc/en-us/articles/215556968-Where-is-your-office-located-.

If I was potential customer, I would find this ringing some alarm bells.

Some companies that I consider the big kids back home in the USA such as Apmex, Provident Metals, and JM Bullion do give the information about their office without that much poking around.

I also prefer companies that I deal with to give a product at a good price with decent service with clear information of who they are where they are located.  No drama or hype about what I should be buying or how much.   Seems not that much has changed with the hype in my lifetime, I still recall when the Hunt Brothers tried to corner the silver market.

I am amazed that people, in general, knew to collect gold and silver for financial reasons, from just plain old common sense️Me, I had to be educated about it😬 and only started collecting this year 2021. The main part of my education was reading Mark Maloney’s book Guide to Investing https://www.amazon.co.uk/Guide-Investing-Gold-Silver-Financial/dp/B06ZYQZ7CM/ref=sr_1_6?crid=PJMLP3MQTELV&dchild=1&keywords=mike+maloney&qid=1631196644&s=books&sprefix=Mike+malone%2Caps%2C158&sr=1-6 then going on to watch his 10 part series on YT ‘Hidden Secrets of Money’ which I highly recommend. You can download is book for free. He always posts a link to his book under his YT vids. 

As I mentioned in another post, platinum isn’t classed as ‘money’ where as gold and silver have been money for centuries🤗 His website is GoldSilver.com. 

5 minutes ago, FloJo said:

The article is from Mike Maloney’s GoldSilver. com email link that he sends out (yes I receive his emails as well👍🏾) He is American. He has some very sensible things to say! I recommend watching his 10 part series ‘Hidden Secrets of Money’ on YT.

On a side note, platinum is not recognised as ‘money’ no matter how you can buy platinum bars and rounds/coins🤔 it has never been used as money and, I dare say, never will🤔️I’m jus’ sayin’🤗

Thanks.

I note that Maloney rhymes with Baloney.

The first platinum coins were issud by Russia as long ago as 1828. These were and are recognised as money.

More information here:

https://24carat.co.uk/frame.php?url=russianplatinumcoins.html

This (old) page also contains a list of 12 countries which have issued platinum coins:

Chards

Just now, LawrenceChard said:

Thanks.

I note that Maloney rhymes with Baloney.

The first platinum coins were issud by Russia as long ago as 1828. These were and are recognised as money.

More information here:

This (old) page also contains a list of 12 countries which have issued platinum coins:

Aye, but gold and silver have been in use before there was a calendar🤔😬😌

On 01/08/2021 at 21:53, kimchi said:

So many unknowns... some would say what is coming will be unprecedented in history even handed down directly by our grandfathers' fathers...we may need plenty of food and water and potentially stocked medicines to even get as far as capitalising on gold or silver. Any major 'analyst' who doesn't mention those isn't worth their salt imvho (which is not saying much really as that would be worth an absolute fortune very early on, as would tobacco etc).

Equally, gold and silver could be totally taken out of the equation by confiscation etc and a central (likely world) government-imposed social credit cyptocurrency/credit. Brush up on those hunter/gatherer skills folks, at least we will have those hot chicky babes in furs to look forward to when we get back to our caves with a couple of mangy foxes over our shoulders! :)

Best practice is to signpost the link directly and clearly in your post :)

I could be wrong but, only those gold or silver coins that bear the Queen’s image or a monarch’s image could be confiscated?

17 minutes ago, FloJo said:

5 minutes ago, FloJo said:

As I mentioned in another post, platinum isn’t classed as ‘money’ where as gold and silver have been money for centuries🤗 His website is GoldSilver.com. 

2 minutes ago, FloJo said:

Aye, but gold and silver have been in use before there was a calendar🤔😬😌

Who told you platinum is not recognised as money?

If it was Maloney, then as I suspected, he is ill-informed, and does not know what he is talking about.

At the very least, he is almost 200 years out of date, which is almost as long as the USA has existed. 😎

Chards

On 03/08/2021 at 10:12, Liam84 said:

Goldsilver.com is/was Mike Maloney's company.

Yes, it still is. His YouTube channel is GoldSilver (W/ Mike Maloney). I am in awe of y’all who never heard of him or read his book yet knew to collect gold and silver️Let’s me realise how well thick I am😔 well, was?

3 minutes ago, FloJo said:

I could be wrong but, only those gold or silver coins that bear the Queen’s image or a monarch’s image could be confiscated?

Yes, sorry to say, but you are wrong.

WTF have you been listening to for you to think that?

Gold / money confiscation is a well-rehearsed piece or propaganda and falsehood used by many sharp American dealers.

Chards

3 hours ago, FloJo said:

... I am in awe of y’all who never heard of him or read his book yet knew to collect gold and silver️Let’s me realise how well thick I am😔 well, was?

Don't you worry I read that book as well. It was not the first book on the topic I read but it taught me a lot about Gold and Silver.

I just advise not to go with the hype. Silver will most likely not explode upwards and the Gold Silver ratio will most likely stay about the same.

Just educate yourself and draw your own conclusions when you realize the true value of precious metals.

5 hours ago, FloJo said:

I am amazed that people, in general, knew to collect gold and silver for financial reasons, from just plain old common sense️Me, I had to be educated about it😬 and only started collecting this year 2021. The main part of my education was reading Mark Maloney’s book Guide to Investing https://www.amazon.co.uk/Guide-Investing-Gold-Silver-Financial/dp/B06ZYQZ7CM/ref=sr_1_6?crid=PJMLP3MQTELV&dchild=1&keywords=mike+maloney&qid=1631196644&s=books&sprefix=Mike+malone%2Caps%2C158&sr=1-6 then going on to watch his 10 part series on YT ‘Hidden Secrets of Money’ which I highly recommend. You can download is book for free. He always posts a link to his book under his YT vids. 

Please don't spend all your money based on a YouTube video. Have a look around the forum and gather people's thoughts and opinions, balance it out and make up your own mind.

5 hours ago, FloJo said:

Yes, it still is. His YouTube channel is GoldSilver (W/ Mike Maloney). I am in awe of y’all who never heard of him or read his book yet knew to collect gold and silver️Let’s me realise how well thick I am😔 well, was?

Are you really in awe, or just jealous and regretful? 😎

1 hour ago, Bigmarc said:

Please don't spend all your money based on a YouTube video. Have a look around the forum and gather people's thoughts and opinions, balance it out and make up your own mind.

Too late, I think he has already been brainwashed! 😎

Chards

16 hours ago, FloJo said:

As I was growing up I remember my grandfather and father finding silver coins in random change and saving them. So I've been doing the same thing my entire life. And when I had the means to do so, I began buying rolls of silver coins and the occasional gold coin, as well.

That's how I was introduced to the concept.

19 hours ago, KevinFlynn said:

Don't you worry I read that book as well. It was not the first book on the topic I read but it taught me a lot about Gold and Silver.

I just advise not to go with the hype. Silver will most likely not explode upwards and the Gold Silver ratio will most likely stay about the same.

Just educate yourself and draw your own conclusions when you realize the true value of precious metals.

When I first started, I bought because of the increase in value everyone I listened to were touting😬 but the more I continue on & understand, I buy now because fiat currency will fail and I know we’ll need other means of currency (pm, food, water etc) before the full digital currency sets in! With Saudi Arabia making a deal to sell their oil to Russia, but not in $$$🤔, Crypto (BC) being so violate …… the UK increasing our NHS tax contributions🤔🤦🏾‍♀️ and other little financial decisions being made by governments makes, even me, can begin to connect the dots to the demise of fiat and needing to have ‘something’ or somethings to weather the approaching financial storm.