• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

T he full stack photo needs a wide angle lens now Keith.

I will have to take several shots yes to get it all in.

One day I will pick it all up from storage and get some pics up here.

It will be a big spread. I have had a centre spread before in my younger days :), but that was writing about transputers!!!

Having lived in my current location for the last 4 years, I thought I had pretty much mapped out the locations of all the coin shops, gold/silver dealers, and antique shops/centres/fairs etc for a 100 mile radius. Well not quite...

Whilst looking at the website of the only decent coin dealer for miles, I discovered that on a Monday they are at an antique centre in the nearby town of Taunton. On checking the map, it turns out that this three floor antique centre/fair that I have never seen before, is only a few hundred yards away in a back street from the KFC, where practically every Monday I have my lunch. How the hell I never knew it was there is beyond me. It's only open on Mondays, and seems to be very busy.

So went there for the first time today. Lots of silver bits and pieces, which will need to be checked out in future visits armed with a scale, which look to be very keenly priced. As for the coin dealer, as well as putting me first on his list for any future Britannia sets that comes his way, (he knows my price limit and says he can work with that), I picked up a 155.5g .925 Silver Proof 100 Vatu coin from Vanuatu, Queen Mother coin for £60. It's a very thick coin.

So in essence I've got  4.625 t/oz of silver for £60, (was priced up as £75), which equates to £12.97 an ounce. So I'm well happy with that. Plus it puts me just over the 300 t/oz of physical silver. So another milestone hit.

post-140-0-46110300-1423497763_thumb.jpgpost-140-0-00057000-1423497778_thumb.jpgpost-140-0-44478500-1423497847_thumb.jpgpost-140-0-31430500-1423497853_thumb.jpgpost-140-0-51527900-1423497860_thumb.jpg

Update. Just checked the sold listings on Ebay, and two of these coins have sold recently for over £90 delivered. Very Nice.. :)

Edited by Highland Tiger

your welcome,i knew someone would have it,now need to fined out who nicked my 20 gold mark from atkinsons. Also  missed the 20 gold marks on ebay,for cooking the misses  tea,for £114 well p.....d off.

I wouldn't worry about the eBay coin.

Q:  Good afternoon. What is the shipping cost to the United States? Thank you. 09-Feb-15 A:  Hello, thanks for your interest in the 20mark coin. Unfortunately it was stolen along with several items that I had already sold, but for some reason E-bay won#t let me withdraw it from the listing, although it is obviously no longer available. Regards, Basil.

I wouldn't worry about the eBay coin.

Q:  Good afternoon. What is the shipping cost to the United States? Thank you. 09-Feb-15 A:  Hello, thanks for your interest in the 20mark coin. Unfortunately it was stolen along with several items that I had already sold, but for some reason E-bay won#t let me withdraw it from the listing, although it is obviously no longer available. Regards, Basil.

Sounds a bit dodgy to me ,so did you win the coin morezone. I reckon he wanted more for it,and using that as a excuse .I just read the question on that coin,funny half hour before it finished there wasn't anything mentioned about it being stolen,and if he couldn't take it off,which is bulls..t,he could have edited is advert saying he had no longer had it for sale.total w....r.

Edited by silverroller

Sounds a bit dodgy to me ,so did you win the coin morezone. I reckon he wanted more for it,and using that as a excuse 

Nope.  I just looked it up after you mentioned the price.  It was a really poor put together auction though.  Naff photos and virtually zero details.

Nope.  I just looked it up after you mentioned the price.  It was a really poor put together auction though.  Naff photos and virtually zero details.

I did think that myself morezone,photos were totally blurred which i thought he may have been trying to hide something.But was willing to take a chance on it as paypal would of refunded if it was fake.

Lol you make me laugh MH. One minute you're flogging all your pre 47 stuff and the next you're filling your pockets with the stuff [emoji12],.....,....,............ and I thought I was bad

Hehe:p nope I have always kept my pre 47 stuff:) I did sell all my pre 1920 stuff though..felt I have brought a lot of gold recently and should get more silver.

Have you started to collect half ounces as well danny

I already have the full lunar series 2 1/2oz set, the 1/2oz goat was just to bulk out the order.

I decided I wanted to complete the 1/2oz koala set last night, only need two now.

Also just bought a 2011, 2012 and 2013 1/2oz koala.

Stacker since 2013