• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

A pf70 2014 libertad. Just started buying NGC stuff, would appreciate any advice on whats a good investment before I blow my money on stuff because it "looks nice" :)

Hi Lightjaw, myself I don't go into the slabbed coins, If you like Libertads go and find the Libertad mintages link on here, there are some very low mintages this year and every year.  So there is money to be made for those who want to wait then get in quick.

Others I like are the Perth mint Lunars, Kooks, Koalas.  China Pandas, Britannia's, RM Lunars are worth a punt.

You should always try to find out mint numbers.  If you are going down the collecting path rather than the stacking path. 

Others on here will give you a totally different view point.

A pf70 2014 libertad. Just started buying NGC stuff, would appreciate any advice on whats a good investment before I blow my money on stuff because it "looks nice" :)

Not too many people on here like the slabbed coins I do but prefer the NGC.

I have not bought any for quite some time but I have a varied list. Just buy what you like.

Edited by Keithoil

Well after lurking in the shadows for a few weeks and doing alot of reading and research here on the forum and internet. Today i made my first purchase  a gold sovereign and a south africa 2 rand not sure if two coins make me a stacker but its a start. Would just like to say thanks to all involved with the running of the forum, and will post a pic when they arrive :D 

Its as good a start as any, two nice chunk of yellow metal to start you off.  

If you have never seen these coins in the flesh before be prepared mentally to be able to handle "they are a lot smaller than I expected".

What out though it gets addictive and is seriously bad for your wealth!

On your second order if you get the feeling of a butterflies "kid on Christmas day morning" feeling in your stomach when the posty knocks, you're hooked and there is no cure for it

Well after lurking in the shadows for a few weeks and doing alot of reading and research here on the forum and internet. Today i made my first purchase a gold sovereign and a south africa 2 rand not sure if two coins make me a stacker but its a start. Would just like to say thanks to all involved with the running of the forum, and will post a pic when they arrive :D

Great stuff Barney! Smart start in gold. Beware the temptations of the shiny silver though. I started off with gold (krugerrs, maples, brits, sovs) but then fell for some silver stacks/proofs. It is fun, addictive, and builds wealth. Enjoy!

thanks Paul, Linderman must admit cant wait for the postman but i also know there small, i have had a passion for coins and history for years been metal detecting over 10 years so if any one wants help with a id for celtic, roman, saxon or hammered coins just give me a shout or any old coin  :)

Today from my local supplier I bought 2.43 oz of gold, 4 full sovereigns, 6 half sovereigns, and a 20 gram Pamp Suisse Lady Fortuna bar.

I also bought 30 odd proof coins from him at £10 a coin, they are mainly the queen mother but I also have the certificates for some of them too.

post-50-0-31077700-1418392388_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-16477200-1418392886_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-15036700-1418392891_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-82555600-1418392896_thumb.jpg

Today from my local supplier I bought 2.43 oz of gold, 4 full sovereigns, 6 half sovereigns, and a 20 gram Pamp Suisse Lady Fortuna bar.

I also bought 30 odd proof coins from him at £10 a coin, they are mainly the queen mother but I also have the certificates for some of them too.

Right, we all need to hold Keith down, and torture him until he spill the beans about this "supplier" of his. :angry: 

£10 for the Queen Mum coins is absolute steal. :D

I'm moving to wherever Keith lives........ ;)

6 more Sydney Olympic Proofs.

Echidna and Tea Tree

Platypus and Water Lily

Kookaburra and Waratah

Harbour of Life - Land (Sydney Opera House)

Harbour of Life - Water (Sydney Harbour Bridge)

Harbour of Life - Air (birds)

Only 5 more to get to complete the set, need to go and research which ones I actually need!!!

Stacker since 2013