• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Postal method for sending sovs within the UK?

BobnotTed

Which postal method would you suggest for sending sovereigns within the UK?

If Royal Mail, specifically which method should be used to that they're covered against being "lost" in the post.

Or would you suggest some other courier? 

I posted 6 sovs valued at £2400 to CoR on Friday by SD. Cost £12. 

Of course, the value is only what you paid for them as RM insurance wiill require proof of what you paid,

When posting SD to unknown buyers, i.e eBay, do you guys put your return address?

Whether I'm right or wrong to think this way, I don't like the idea of giving out my address on each parcel, unless it's to those I trust. But if you don't, and delivery fails, it will get returned to sender where possible. Otherwise it gets auctioned...

What's your take on this guys?

44 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

When posting SD to unknown buyers, i.e eBay, do you guys put your return address?

Whether I'm right or wrong to think this way, I don't like the idea of giving out my address on each parcel, unless it's to those I trust. But if you don't, and delivery fails, it will get returned to sender where possible. Otherwise it gets auctioned...

Your address will not be on the package, for the client to see, but in the RM system, incase they get a problem. :)

4 hours ago, Richym99 said:

I posted 6 sovs valued at £2400 to CoR on Friday by SD. Cost £12. 

Of course, the value is only what you paid for them as RM insurance wiill require proof of what you paid,

What's CoR?

Would the SD not insure what the purchaser has just paid, rather than what the sender paid which may be less if the sender purchased them many years ago?

2 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

Your address will not be on the package, for the client to see, but in the RM system, incase they get a problem. :)

My local PO want it written on those grey bags they seal it in

21 minutes ago, BobnotTed said:

What's CoR?

Coins of the Realm

21 minutes ago, BobnotTed said:

Would the SD not insure what the purchaser has just paid, rather than what the sender paid which may be less if the sender purchased them many years ago?

If you provide proof of purchase, that's what they pay out... Otherwise, you could argue your case as to what its worth but say you're flipping a modern coin, would be hard to argue anything other than RRP

3 hours ago, SilverJacks said:

What's your take on this guys

Leave the minimum of information required:

Name: J Bloggs

House no: 23

Postcode: AB1 2CD

8 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

Coins of the Realm

If you provide proof of purchase, that's what they pay out... Otherwise, you could argue your case as to what its worth but say you're flipping a modern coin, would be hard to argue anything other than RRP

But say someone purchased a Vic sov 20 years ago, and then sells it someone now, presumably RM would pay out on the recent paid price rather than what was paid 20 years ago if it was lost in post?

1 minute ago, Booky586 said:

Leave the minimum of information required:

Name: J Bloggs

House no: 23

Postcode: AB1 2CD

Next time, I'm gonna ask if an email address will suffice. I just hope they don't ask if I expect it emailed back to me...

Just now, BobnotTed said:

But say someone purchased a Vic sov 20 years ago, and then sells it someone now, presumably RM would pay out on the recent paid price rather than what was paid 20 years ago if it was lost in post?

I would assume so. Plus, you could provide a mountain of evidence to its current value and just tell them that you don't have a receipt. I've never been in that situation to find out though, thankfully. Perhaps another member has?

1 hour ago, SilverJacks said:

My local PO want it written on those grey bags they seal it in

1 hour ago, sovereignsteve said:

mine too

If you pay online through RM website it gives the option wether to display your address on the label.

You still have to enter your address so RM know who’s sent it should they have to return it to you but the receiver won’t see your address if you select not to display it.

19 hours ago, SilverJacks said:

You should put an return address on it, but if not, they'll send it to The returns office in Belfast , open it up and look for a senders address inside . If they find one then they'll return it Special Delivery . If not then they'll wait for a claim. 

Archived