• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

I bought yesterday at £11.10 caught the dip but it went a little lower today.

Some you win some you lose, if it gets to £10 an ounce then I will buy at least 100 ounces.

That will bring the average down even more.

I think we all wait for £10 mark. I was reading few article

Yesterday and some say it can low as £9. That would be brilliant but I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

???

just remember action moves charts but charts do not determine actions.

HH

The charts is where it's at. I've learnt a lot from listening to traders and reading about various charting tools that are tried and tested and proven to work.

The charts is where it's at. I've learnt a lot from listening to traders and reading about various charting tools that are tried and tested and proven to work.

I'm just saying that news causes charts to be drawn.

charts however cannot determine the nature of

future news.

I'm not saying that traders are wrong, just that some

are over optimistic in what charts can predict.

things like false breakouts were correct until one

has hindsight.

I've always been of the idea that news determines

the direction and charts optimizes your profits.

HH

My take on things as I see them.

I think that over the next week the price will decline. Why?

An agreement has just been signed for a ceasefire in Ukraine.

The Eurozone will agree a package to help out Greece. (probably)

The problems are as we all know, the ceasefire will not last as Putin has no interest in peace in the area and has proven time and time again that he cannot be trusted.

Secondly, no matter what you throw at Greece, they are bankrupt and you cannot keep throwing good money after bad. Although in this case the money thrown at them is borrowed money itself. The whole eurozone is a deck of cards waiting to fall down.

So in short. Silver and gold will decline over the course of the next week or so. But over the year I expect it to increase, so the drop will be a very good opportunity for us all.

All in my honest opinion of course.

The way the Dollar is going, surely metals will climb in value.If this is a sign of things to come maybe its time to use up any spare cash and stack what ever we can a bit rapid. Or is it yet another false dawn.

My thoughts are that even if the metals don't move in $ they may in £ if sterling starts to sink over the next few months.

If we could forecast the trend we would be sitting on a beach in Grand Cayman.

As for sterling - the UK is in better shape than La-La Europe and the USA debt is massive.

Our debt is also massive circa 1.4 trillion pounds AND RISING by the second.

This debt divided by the population puts us over £21k each in IOUs.

Again if anyone could accurately forecast forex I would be flipping currencies to make my fortune.

Take oil - who would ever have guessed the price would drop to half so quickly ?

Is this now a good time to buy Brent Crude as it is relatively cheap ?

Maybe - BUT - some analysts are predicting further falls later this year.

I reckon there are big political manipulations going on behind the scenes so the price is totally artificial.

So the same for our PMs - is silver cheap today; maybe ? but not cheap if it drops next week.

Maybe it will head off in the lunar direction ( I hope so ) ; so not having bought at current prices it would be time to kick oneself when looking back !

Nobody has a crystal ball that works so if you have the spare cash, jump in, save it or spend it as you will never hit the lows when buying and the peaks when selling every time.

I'm sticking by my sub $16 per ounce Silver prediction by the end of February made a few weeks ago based on the Shibor trends. At $15.99 I'll be buying some Austrian Silver Phillies for myself for being patient.

See Sunday's Weekly review. I foresee $14 and lower but I can't see that far ahead.....Yet

Edited by shemyaza

I've not bought anything recently due to needing cash elsewhere, but silver is looking very cheap again with these recent falls. What are the chances it will stay that way until pay day? (Dont answer that!) Gold still looks a touch expensive.

It will drop lower for sure ,sit back and watch it full

What people think? Greece now sorted for 4 months will the price of gold/silver go down or will the euro climb negating any reductions. Or an I readibg it wrong

I know no body has a crystal ball but what people think?

It's all so manipulated it makes it even harder to predict. It seems to me that whenever there is news which should push the price down, it goes down, but when there's news which should have an upward effect on the price it  stays still.

There has been so much uncertainty surrounding Greece recently but prices have been falling regardless, so who knows how the latest developments will affect it.

gold has closed at the traders support of ~$1200. whilst it's tougher

to break going down, there is not any news due that will lift the price

immediately. the trend seams to be more favourable for lower prices.

many larger miners are making little to no profit at these prices so

it will be interesting to see where it goes from here(mind you the

recent lower oil price might have shifted the figures. it is claimed that

~25% of miners costs is in energy, that would leave wiggle room of

maybe up to $150)

at this point, I'm more inclined to guess that we'll get lower gold and

silver prices. ( take this with a pinch of salt from someone who fares

miserably at the silver competition  :) )

HH