• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

offering spot for bullion on ebay is pointless... Why would someone accept spot, then pay 15% fees on including the postage costs, pack up and take to the post office and run the risk of being scammed when they could sell direct to the refiners with no hassle for a better price than ebay would net them.

If someone accepts then you probably just got sold Clad.

Edited by madhatter

OK. still falling but I had to place my order, I am going out this afternoon.

I ordered at £9.60

Watch it plummet for you guys now! lol It's already dropped to £9.56!!

I ordered at 10.00 at the beginning of the week - how do you think I am feeling now?  :lol:

I don't know what's brought this on, but at this rate I'll be making another purchase

I ordered at 10.00 at the beginning of the week - how do you think I am feeling now?  :lol:

I don't know what's brought this on, but at this rate I'll be making another purchase

I too order 40 oz at 10.00 last night :rolleyes: But it has not phased me, It cant drop much more now, less than a tenner is the max if it went to zero (naturally that wont ever happen) I get the strong feeling that everone here is in it for the long run and wont be spooked into selling. This is mega sale time, Its just a gambling game of do you buy now and secure already cheap silver, or wait for further drops and hope you can still buy it at a reduced rate that mirrors the drop in spot. 

Edited by madhatter

In situations like this, I want to understand the fundamentals behind the move. What caused such a sudden drop? Will it last? Is this a blip or a trend? Very difficult to know the answers or predict the future. The "buy now or wait" dilemma is always there, and we can't always be right.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but at the start of the week it looked like prices were going sideways, or maybe preparing to recover some of the previous losses, so I made a call. I believe it was a good call at the time, and would have been a very good call if today's drastic movement had been up instead of down so I'm not upset at all. Still added to the stack at the cheapest prices I've ever got silver for - not too bad!

Made an order 10 days ago. Now down £200. You just got to laugh.

Another order planned within the next 2 weeks. Either drop or hold steady please :)

In situations like this, I want to understand the fundamentals behind the move. What caused such a sudden drop? Will it last? Is this a blip or a trend? Very difficult to know the answers or predict the future. The "buy now or wait" dilemma is always there, and we can't always be right.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but at the start of the week it looked like prices were going sideways, or maybe preparing to recover some of the previous losses, so I made a call. I believe it was a good call at the time, and would have been a very good call if today's drastic movement had been up instead of down so I'm not upset at all. Still added to the stack at the cheapest prices I've ever got silver for - not too bad!

I still feel Like my buy last night was right too, I offloaded some premium silver and netted about £21 per ounce, raising over £800 in the process - I had a Dilemma , If i didn't buy there and then , there was a possibility spot would creep back up again, id end up in a cycle of waiting for it to drop again and may eventually end up buying bullion and a delivered price of not much less than what I netted for the premium stuff, and It would have been a wasted exercise that would lead to my collection being the same in ounces but less in value. 

Having replaced ounce per ounce what I sold I feel much more comfortable now and that's worth a few quid to me lol.

Just made another small order to go with the one i made at the weekend.

I see atkinsons stopped taking orders online and now the site is down.

Unluckily i must have ordered during a little increase as between hitting accept my order and receiving the bill the price went up a bit. Thankfully it was only a small order to try out s-t-g since i have never used them before. I'd have been a bit peeved if it was an order for 100 oz or something. They shouldn't be able to do that really as when you accept a deal at price X you don't expect a demand for price X+y once the deal has gone through.

I don't understand why they can't operate like other sellers e.g. Bairds who fix the price and give you a clock with how many minutes you have before the offer is void.

Edited by Murph

I still feel Like my buy last night was right too, I offloaded some premium silver and netted about £21 per ounce, raising over £800 in the process - I had a Dilemma , If i didn't buy there and then , there was a possibility spot would creep back up again, id end up in a cycle of waiting for it to drop again and may eventually end up buying bullion and a delivered price of not much less than what I netted for the premium stuff, and It would have been a wasted exercise that would lead to my collection being the same in ounces but less in value. 

Having replaced ounce per ounce what I sold I feel much more comfortable now and that's worth a few quid to me lol.

Yes. Yes. Yes.  In the game of such uncertainty and emotional rollercoasting it's refreshing to see someone with a clear plan, taking decisive action/ 

Goldman Sachs announed that 2015, OIL will be 70$ per barrel, and £1 per litre. 

If this is true, then I see gold and silver going down even more, In the low 8 quid, to high 7's., and gold in the low 600's. 

Waiting payday to make a order, of 40 UK lunar horses, if they are in stock by then,,,