• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

1 minute ago, James32 said:

It's because they are capital gains free in UK, same as 1/4ozs. 1oz are becoming too expensive to purchase, therefore sovereigns which always had a big appeal, just got even more sought after.

Thanks James and others, I wasn't aware of the special tax status for sovs. Would that be relevant for me in Ireland or just for UK residents?

3 minutes ago, DisplayName said:

What's the appeal about that 🤭

No idea, probably the same explanation why they vote for Brexit.

AG £22.10

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

2 hours ago, Paw said:

Interestingly I do not see as many people selling silver lately - is it because everyone is confused and waiting for the price to settle at some range?

@Paw I have some QB for sale if you want 😀

Edited by WolfStacker

4 minutes ago, James32 said:

It's because they are capital gains free in UK, same as 1/4ozs. 1oz are becoming too expensive to purchase, therefore sovereigns which always had a big appeal, just got even more sought after.

Only here in the UK. A few months ago the cheapest sovereigns were in Europe...

dancu.co.uk

1 minute ago, DisplayName said:

Thanks James and others, I wasn't aware of the special tax status for sovs. Would that be relevant for me in Ireland or just for UK residents?

Just uk tbh. And especially important as they just slashed the CGT threshold to £3000 from £12000+ two tears ago.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

6 minutes ago, DisplayName said:

Thanks everyone, really appreciate you all sharing this with me! I'll stick to some 1/10 gold and pretty silver purchases then. 

As long as you stack you are on the right path, doesn't matter what.

Edited by theman73

dancu.co.uk

Just now, theman73 said:

Yep, my knowledge of selling silver is limited...

Screenshot 2024-04-09 160117.png

I wasn't questioning your sales of silver. I was just refuting the statement that we had only small amounts of silver because we had sold it. I haven't sold an ounce, I'm still buying silver. I suppose I'll stop when I get to 1200 ounces... It's going to take a few years though.

Just now, SidS said:

I wasn't questioning your sales of silver. I was just refuting the statement that we had only small amounts of silver because we had sold it. I haven't sold an ounce, I'm still buying silver. I suppose I'll stop when I get to 1200 ounces... It's going to take a few years though.

Of course, I have no idea what people had or have right now, I'm not a medium.

dancu.co.uk

4 minutes ago, DisplayName said:

Thanks everyone, really appreciate you all sharing this with me! I'll stick to some 1/10 gold and pretty silver purchases then. 

This is so me, fractional gold and pretty silver!

7 minutes ago, SidS said:

Why 1200? Quite a random number lol

1 hour ago, DisplayName said:

What's the appeal about that 🤭

The fact that you can sell as much Royal Mint coins as possible and not have to pay a tax is a huge incentive. That's probably why the quality control is bad when they manufacture coins (they know we put up with it because it's tax free!)

34 minutes ago, SidS said:

100 Troy pounds exact.

Ahh I see now. Think I've seen a few different sources say you need around 1000 ounces to live comfortably through a hyperinflation scenario. Hope we can all achieve that, or whatever that would be in gold if you ain't got the room for silver. 

5 minutes ago, Dom said:

Ahh I see now. Think I've seen a few different sources say you need around 1000 ounces to live comfortably through a hyperinflation scenario. Hope we can all achieve that, or whatever that would be in gold if you ain't got the room for silver. 

Depends what ratio you're working too.. 

Current 90:1 or the more expected 16:1 or the coming out the ground at 8:1?

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

5 hours ago, theman73 said:

I'm not a medium.

XL?

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.