• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hatton Garden Metals

HGM

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although everything is great currently, positive additions to improve & add kudos would be:

The ability for you to 'store or lay-away' purchases of small gold with the viewi to adding more over a calendar month or two

It is sickener to buy a nice cheap half sov for then to have to pay the fixed £6.50 for SD per order.  Not being cheap we are just a very frugal bunch here 

Example/  So, say I buy x6 half sovs, a 1/10 krug, and a 1/4 kangaroo.  Each item is paid for on the day of purchase by bank transfer. After upto 60 days, i request being ready for delivery and just having to pay one lot of delivery and they all come in one package would be an awesome addition IMO

The ability to take credit cards would be handy, i know it is added costs admin and possible chargeback risks but a couple of times a rare piece has came with competitors along I know i can re-sell or flip and ended up having to snap it up via my credit card.  

The interest free period on cards make the incurred costs worth it. Other retailers usual charge of 2.5%

Lastly (and these are not meant to be cheeky or presumptuous)

Although your buy back rate for gold is excellent already.  A guaranteed 100% of spot permanent buy back of stock bought from yourselves would be market leading and awesome. Or say if a person has bought from you over x20+ times you guarantee this

Possibly consider offering specific items or some of the weirder stuff you may send for melt for sale directly via the forum (as we have our own eBay like feedback for transaction via forum this will grow with time)

Alerts of new stock arriving be posted to forum prior to listing on web site. No need for photos or massive description or condition.  One line like

1980 boxed proof sovereign come in spot +4% over

Maybe consider becoming a site sponsor via @chrisilver and help secure this precious metals discussion platform for the future.

Although a vault service is not something we currently offer we are more than happy to hold your items for a short period of time and combine postage on the orders( please not that orders over £1000 the postage will be £9.00) this is something that we already do for some of our customers- just either email us or call us with your purchase number and let us know!.

We did have a short period of time in which we brought back sovereigns & Krugerrands at 100% however when we have to source the coins in and in cases where we have to sit on the coins this is not always possible.

Now we are a member of the forum we will try to give you updates on here, we do also have an RSS feed embedded somewhere on the website that you are able to sign up for and as for accepting credit/ debit cards this is not something that we currently do but may look into for the future.

Hope this helps, not sure how to reply directly to your comment. I'm sure we will get the hang of it soon.

Are there any gold coins which you buy in which you end up melting down because there isn't a listing for it on your web site?  If there are, you may wish to consider offering them for sale here.  It would be a great opportunity for us collectors and you'd get more than just recycling it.

What would be the maximum length of time you would hold items to be combined for postage?

A Few weeks would be fine to hold the items here for. Our customers would usually see if anything else they are interested in becomes available of the next 2/3 weeks and if not then the items are posted out.

What sort of coins would you be interested in? we do not get a great deal of coins in that we do not re sell but it would definitely be worth looking into this further.

I think that one of the great things about HGM is that the model of business is simple and requires low margins to be sustainable. I think we should make sure that the ideas that we come up with support this mode of operation. Anything that requires large amounts of extra staff time at HGM or which raises the required percentage over spot is a bad idea.

All silver bullion and proofs will sell on here pretty quickly if priced cheaply, Usually within a few minutes

Don't know if it would be possible for a business, but if you accept payment by paypal gift this would then allow payment by credit and debit cards without fees for either party

..Don't know if it would be possible for a business, but if you accept payment by paypal gift this would then allow payment by credit and debit cards without fees for either party

PayPal Gift would add the flexibility to pick something up without having the immediate cash and also has the benefit of frequent flyer miles via Amex.

PayPal Gift would add the flexibility to pick something up without having the immediate cash and also has the benefit of frequent flyer miles via Amex.

Not sure if a business would get away with PayPal gift, think there may be a limit on how much can be gifted

French Gold Franc's

Any particular dates that people are looking out for, reverse & obverse designs?

Just brought in quite a few.

In 20FF.  I'd be interested in a Cérès, Louis XVIII & Napoleon III. without Coronary (barehead).

Welcome HGM, thanks for the all the Victoria shield sovereigns I've got from you in the past year 

Not sure if a business would get away with PayPal gift

Yeah, suggesting a business use paypal gift is just silly I'm afraid 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

French Gold Franc's

Any particular dates that people are looking out for, reverse & obverse designs?

Just brought in quite a few.

Hi,

I'd be interested in any 20F coins, but especially a Rooster, Angel, Cérès, Louis XVIII and Napoleon III.

Bit of a long shot but any of the ones below would be greatly appreciated.

1855-D, Napoleon III Wreath

1827-A Charles X

1900 Marianne - Rooster

1889-A Angel

Morning all!

Just a heads up that we are about to buy in some sovereigns & half sovereign so these should be on the website in the next half an hour or so for anyone looking out for them.

Not too sure on what types yet but will keep you updated.

• Founder & Administrator

Welcome to The Silver Forum HGM, if you have any questions or wish to discuss any advertising opportunities on the forum etc or just need general help with th forum please don't hesitate to send me a PM.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Just a quick heads up everyone we are about to upload some silver American dollars to the website 2012!! Get them before they are gone!!

Happy Weekend! :)

Thanks for the advanced info :)

Just a quick heads up everyone we are about to upload some silver American dollars to the website 2012!! Get them before they are gone!!

Happy Weekend! :)

Does the 23% premium include VAT or is it added afterwards to give spot plus 43% plus shipping?

Cheers

Stacker since 2013

Archived