• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hatton Garden Metals

HGM

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SilverPirate said:

I bought my first Sovereign from you , and did not realize the ID policy you have,is it really necessary? it is a pain in the rectum. 

Now i have bought i have to see it through,but if i knew in advance i would not have bothered.

ID Policy? Never had any problems when I've bought from HGM in the past. Just ordered, paid money into their account, received coin.

But then I suppose Pirates can be a bit dodgy... ;) 

1 hour ago, SilverPirate said: I bought my first Sovereign from you , and did not realize the ID policy you have,is it really necessary? it is a pain in the rectum. 

Now i have bought i have to see it through,but if i knew in advance i would not have bothered.

ID Policy? Never had any problems when I've bought from HGM in the past. Just ordered, paid money into their account, received coin.

But then I suppose Pirates can be a bit dodgy... ;) 

Same here, never had to give any ID myself. Ordered multiple times.

Stacker since 2013

It may be new or they may have been caught up in money laundering regulations.

Either way it's not something they do for fun as it eats into their margins and overheads.

Hi SilverPirate thank you for your post.

I will respond to your email and get the refund arranged for you today.
The reason ID was requested is because your funds have been paid from a different account holder and not yourself who we are invoicing and therefore we are asked to request ID from the bank in order to meet our due-diligence.

Other People are not asked for ID as there payment matches the invoicing name and address.

7 minutes ago, HGM said:

Hi SilverPirate thank you for your post.

I will respond to your email and get the refund arranged for you today.
The reason ID was requested is because your funds have been paid from a different account holder and not yourself who we are invoicing and therefore we are asked to request ID from the bank in order to meet our due-diligence.

Other People are not asked for ID as there payment matches the invoicing name and address.

Ah so it seems @SilverPirate is using Captain Barbossa's credit card and getting it sent to Captain Jack on the Black Pearl. 

I see trouble a brewing on the horizon, when Barbossa finds out ...........   :)sail.gif

ONE..........its a joint bank account.

TWO........its a debit card

THREE...i have never owned or will own a credit card.

I would not mind but its my name first on the damn card.i have sent an e-mail and i am hoping to have a phone conversation tomorrow.GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I have never had this happen before and i have had this joint account for over thirty years.

to be fair to @HGM defence

In the many times i have used them over the past 5+ years their service has been far and away the fastest, easiest and most reliable i have had from all of the major UK bullion dealers I have dealt with. 

Delivery has always been the next working day without fail

Ive always used bank to bank transfer, no ID or proofs ever requested.

Sorry to read your problems i hope you get it sorted with them

Lets not forget that it is forced on them by the Government, just in case any of us are converting our Cartel earnings into PM's.

That is the official explanation anyway. personally I think they love to monitor and control. More tin foil anyone?

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

I have to put the record strait on what happened with this order.

IT WAS MY MISTAKE.

In the order some how i filled out the business section, therefore making it a business buy not a private buy.and it still came in with the wife's name,not sure why but i will pay the bank a visit and sort that out too.

I spoke to Zoe @Hatton garden metals.and she explained all and kindly sorted out the problem and i have my sovereign on it's way to me.

So i have finished throwing my toys out the pram now. 

30761570.jpg 

Glad you got things sorted @SilverPirate through zoe and co. at HGM

Hopefully many more hassle free @HGM transactions are ahead of you now you're sorted and you're on ship lowest premium gold & silver ship with most of us here

Archived