• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint Queen (band) Coin - 9am

On 20/02/2020 at 13:43, h103efa said:

Me wrong, only in the eyes of the wifey!

I actually think the bullion silver and gold versions will be the ones to be wary off (if you are a 🐬). Different quality but might well be attracted by many Queen fans who dont know any different! I would expect these to have 50,000 to unlimited mintage!

Here they are @kimchi

Picture taken from @Numistacker facebook group!

FB_IMG_1584554664736.jpg

Cheers @h103efa!

'Only' 25 000 silver? I'm sure that won't muddle the market at all and make the (very similar) proof version confusing for all the Queen fans 🤣

So, it 'hints' at the keys moving (rather than the supposed state of the art 'tech' on the premium coins that allegedly plays you the opening notes of Bohemian Rhapsody or summat if you caress it gently at full moon facing due north and sacrificing a virgin, or whatever that nonsense was).

I think I will wait to see that once the silver proof is in hand, probably shortly before I send it back!

(I reserve the right to keep the virgin though, especially if she has a low CoA :))

At this point can we please all spare a thought for Brian May who is going to be receiving tens of thousands of CoAs asking for them to be signed and returned 🤣

1 hour ago, kimchi said:

Cheers @h103efa!

'Only' 25 000 silver? I'm sure that won't muddle the market at all and make the (very similar) proof version confusing for all the Queen fans 🤣

So, it 'hints' at the keys moving (rather than the supposed state of the art 'tech' on the premium coins that allegedly plays you the opening notes of Bohemian Rhapsody or summat if you caress it gently at full moon facing due north and sacrificing a virgin, or whatever that nonsense was).

I think I will wait to see that once the silver proof is in hand, probably shortly before I send it back!

(I reserve the right to keep the virgin though, especially if she has a low CoA :))

At this point can we please all spare a thought for Brian May who is going to be receiving tens of thousands of CoAs asking for them to be signed and returned 🤣

These will probably hit both gold and silver proofs. Concerted effort by RM to take sales from the secondary market through staggered releases. I'm more and more convinced a BU Una is on the way...

Fingers crossed the Queen 2oz proof will be seen as something special. Incidentally I see that the 0.5oz proof has gone from 75% sold to no label (less than 50%). Guess they've had some commercial cancellations.

Not sure if I've done the right thing, but I've cancelled my 2oz silver coin and bought a 1/4 gold White Horse of Hanover instead (got it during the gold dip for a fair price). Nevertheless I hope your 2oz coins do well. I just had to prioritize unfortunately. I'll keep my 1oz Queen silver.

Edited by goldmember44

26 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I see these are arriving today, what's the quality like folks?

Well the coin wasn't rattling around loose in the box which is a plus! I can't see any marks but I'll check with a hand lens tomorrow. A few flecks of dust in the capsule but nothing serious.

Just now, BrumChris said:

Well the coin wasn't rattling around loose in the box which is a plus! I can't see any marks but I'll check with a hand lens tomorrow. A few flecks of dust in the capsule but nothing serious.

That sums mine up as well.

37 minutes ago, kimchi said:

@Paul do you think these are best flipped now or sat on (bearing in mind @h103efa's info about the very much larger bullion issues to come)?

Personally I think you are on pretty safe ground holding the 2oz proof long term. Supply vs demand

Once these disspear into a Queen collector collection, that is in their collection for the duration

A Queen collector will seek to get ask many as they can, where possible 

2oz of silver is feasible price for a none stacker, Queen collector.  How many would be prepared to stump up £4k plus for the limted 2oz gold edition ?  many less.  But try as they will they will try to plug getting every one they can

It will be the most limted numbers that will hold their premium long term  

Even with all the dispatched email, theres only x2 available on fleabay in secondary market.  Think folk are HODL'ing these.  Im keeping mine

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClxOwmUAUpKwavdSG71-jMw/videos

30 minutes ago, Paul said:

Personally I think you are on pretty safe ground holding the 2oz proof long term. Supply vs demand

Once these disspear into a Queen collector collection, that is in their collection for the duration

A Queen collector will seek to get ask many as they can, where possible 

2oz of silver is feasible price for a none stacker, Queen collector.  How many would be prepared to stump up £4k plus for the limted 2oz gold edition ?  many less.  But try as they will they will try to plug getting every one they can

It will be the most limted numbers that will hold their premium long term  

Even with all the dispatched email, theres only x2 available on fleabay in secondary market.  Think folk are HODL'ing these.  Im keeping mine

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClxOwmUAUpKwavdSG71-jMw/videos

I wouldn't exactly call him a ''super fan'' most of his collection is made up of replicas, and as for his ''red special'' he bought the second cheapest model available which when they where reintroduced around 2014 they retailed for less than £400.00 - two previous companies made them before Brian May and his guitar tech reintroduced them with their own company, the one hat's closest o Brian May plays retails for around £2500.00.

Edited by Seth

Many thanks indeed @Paul that is super helpful. I think I'll hold for a bit :)

@Seth it's very interesting indeed to hear your stories and your take on things as an 'insider' in the music world. I think Paul's post and the linked video are indicative though which is what I was really looking for, but also looking forward to hearing more of your stories from the music world, I find them fascinating :)

6 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Many thanks indeed @Paul that is super helpful. I think I'll hold for a bit :)

@Seth it's very interesting indeed to hear your stories and your take on things as an 'insider' in the music world. I think Paul's post and the linked video are indicative though which is what I was really looking for, but also looking forward to hearing more of your stories from the music world, I find them fascinating :)

A few more reassurance you are on good footing for keep hold of the 2oz proof.  Only 500 to go round

How many of the 500 went to regular Royal Mint buyuers of silver/gold stackers and general coin collectors.

We were in the loop of it coming out, how many Queen fans knew about it/were at work/ live aborad without direct access to Royal Mint to purchase it

They have a MASSIVE collector base in Italy, Germany, Netherlands & Japan (appreciative of precious metals) 

IMG_0448.JPG

IMG_0449.JPG

IMG_0450.JPG

IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG

IMG_0455.JPG

Absolutely @Paul, and many thanks again! When I lived in Japan I was astonished by how dedicated and passionate some people were about Queen, and that was only from Japanese friends in passing conversation (I wasn't that much interested at the time  and only really knew them from Band Aid, Bohemian Rhapsody and It's a Kind of Magic, then Freddie's death) so a very small sample really - and that was not the very rich 'money no object' crowd. What did strike me was that they were obsessed with B-sides and the early stuff rather than the 'hits' - I'm no great music expert but it's the kind of fanatical fandom I have otherwise only come across with Prince (MJ too but there doesn't seem to be the same incredible demand for rare stuff).

1 minute ago, kimchi said:

Absolutely @Paul, and many thanks again! When I lived in Japan I was astonished by how dedicated and passionate some people were about Queen, and that was only from Japanese friends in passing conversation (I wasn't that much interested at the time  and only really knew them from Band Aid, Bohemian Rhapsody and It's a Kind of Magic, then Freddie's death) so a very small sample really - and that was not the very rich 'money no object' crowd. What did strike me was that they were obsessed with B-sides and the early stuff rather than the 'hits' - I'm no great music expert but it's the kind of fanatical fandom I have otherwise only come across with Prince (MJ too but there doesn't seem to be the same incredible demand for rare stuff).

have a look around http://www.queenmuseum.com/  shows some of the rarest stuff thats out there 

The Top 100 Queen items is an interesting read.  Folk happy to spend big cash on rare items.  I know some of the biggest Queen collectors ive dealt with over past 20 years have collection with combined value of £50,000+  

http://www.queenmuseum.com/?p=4132

2 hours ago, Paul said:

There's a 2oz gold - Mintage 53 - on fleabay UK currently £4k start bid - first one ive seen in the wild

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2020-2oz-Gold-Proof-200-QUEEN-Music-legends-Ultra-low-mintage-53/114148944826?hash=item1a93ceabba:g:RAEAAOSw6LZebMzR

Will be an interesting on to watch to see what it goes for 

Tempted to put a bid in? At the moment its only issue price.

Noticed this video on YouTube. He somehow got five silver proofs.