• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint Queen (band) Coin - 9am

3 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

We've been here before though with other releases so this isn't new which is exactly why I predicted it could happen with this coin.

This isn't the first time they've done this?

4 minutes ago, Rgcoins said:

I don’t think it will fetch as much as the una, for sure they will increase the mintage. But why not make an una proof 1oz? With a high mintage at a stupid price of 3k. The royal mint are bound to ruin something good, it’s a matter of time. 

I wouldn't be surprised if another Una turns up. It also wouldn't surprise me if the next great engraver losses money. Una is very unique and know world wide. 

Just now, kimchi said:

This isn't the first time they've done this?

The first time I read about it was the release of the 2018 Snowman 50p. That was such a hot sell out that they went back and cancelled orders that were placed for the same address. I remember reading the posts on here from members who got in early and bought a bunch then had them cancelled.

I also see your side of it and yes agree it is a bit of a gamble thats why we sit refreshing pages  :)

I have little experience in this but logic tells me if you have a 2oz or a 1oz without the misalignment then you are going to be quids in at the end of the day. Low mintage on the 2oz and people have not realised the misalignments yet wait until bay listings start having No Misalignment in the title.

7 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

The first time I read about it was the release of the 2018 Snowman 50p. That was such a hot sell out that they went back and cancelled orders that were placed for the same address. I remember reading the posts on here from members who got in early and bought a bunch then had them cancelled.

Sounds like that release was manic with them pulling back commercial orders. Everyone seemed to miss the Post Office release. I picked up two for £41 each last Christmas so they obviously didn't sell out. 

11 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

That one said household limit 3, and I bought 3 with no problem, so was it multiple orders of more than 3 total to the same address/account/card that were cancelled, or was I just lucky? I don't remember anyone on here saying they missed out on an order of 3 after the confirmation email ('subject to availability' disclaimer or not).

This is the first time I've ever seen no limit on such a coin with a limit retrospectively put on, but would be very interested indeed to hear if there have been others!

20 minutes ago, BrumChris said:

Sounds like that release was manic with them pulling back commercial orders. Everyone seemed to miss the Post Office release. I picked up two for £41 each last Christmas so they obviously didn't sell out. 

Do you mean the 2019 Snowman? That's still available from the Royal Mint. The 2018s you could only get if very, very early, and they went crazy, I will never forget the madness of recalled gift versions (and the black box, white box etc LOL). Some Post Offices had them, but they wouldn't have sold for under RRP!

18 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Do you mean the 2019 Snowman? That's still available from the Royal Mint. The 2018s you could only get if very, very early, and they went crazy, I will never forget the madness of recalled gift versions (and the black box, white box etc LOL). Some Post Offices had them, but they wouldn't have sold for under RRP!

2018 flying through the air. Picked two up December 2019 in their sale. Local Post Office had three. I was surprised when I saw them as I'd just been looking at the 2019 on the RM website. 

I asked the manager and she said they were unsold from head office. 

6 minutes ago, BrumChris said:

2018 flying through the air. Picked two up December 2019 in their sale. Local Post Office had three. I was surprised when I saw them as I'd just been looking at the 2019 on the RM website. 

I asked the manager and she said they were unsold from head office. 

Blimey, well done there! Very surprised at that!!

1 hour ago, BrumChris said:

I wouldn't be surprised if another Una turns up. It also wouldn't surprise me if the next great engraver losses money. Una is very unique and know world wide. 

I really hope there doesn't. The silver Una is starting to do really well in the secondary market... let's keep it that way RM.

8 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

I really hope there doesn't. The silver Una is starting to do really well in the secondary market... let's keep it that way RM.

I watched @Numistacker's video from a little while back today showing the quality issues and one milk spot (iirc) on the silver Una.

I hope there won't be any such problems here and am interested in which blanks they will use for these, anyone have an idea?

5 hours ago, Paul said:

we saw Elton John named on Gazette page for a new coin comes out this year, so you can maybe expect your big names of UK music Beatles, Stones, The Who, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and a token offering for the ladies to save the PC backlash from feminists & "all white males of society are evil & need to be killed" leaning lefty crew , so probably a Spice Girls coin to 

Some great names there but surely Kate Bush needs to be on one of these music legend coins. One of the finest British singer songwriters ever - 80 albums & in 2014, the first female artist in UK history to have 8 simultaneous Top 40 albums. 

1 hour ago, kimchi said:

I watched @Numistacker's video from a little while back today showing the quality issues and one milk spot (iirc) on the silver Una.

I hope there won't be any such problems here and am interested in which blanks they will use for these, anyone have an idea?

I haven't had any quality issues with my silver Una, it looks perfect.

4 hours ago, kimchi said:

That one said household limit 3, and I bought 3 with no problem, so was it multiple orders of more than 3 total to the same address/account/card that were cancelled, or was I just lucky? I don't remember anyone on here saying they missed out on an order of 3 after the confirmation email ('subject to availability' disclaimer or not).

This is the first time I've ever seen no limit on such a coin with a limit retrospectively put on, but would be very interested indeed to hear if there have been others!

Hmm...  you got me thinking with that. I was sure some had been cancelled that were inside the three limit but perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me. Problem is I've read so many Royal Mint complaints in the last couple of years that they kind of blend together. I'm sure I've read about people unexpectedly having orders cancelled but if it wasn't the snowman coin I'm not sure what it was. Hopefully someone who has experienced that sees this and posts.

8 hours ago, Paul said:

we saw Elton John named on Gazette page for a new coin comes out this year, so you can maybe expect your big names of UK music Beatles, Stones, The Who, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and a token offering for the ladies to save the PC backlash from feminists & "all white males of society are evil & need to be killed" leaning lefty crew , so probably a Spice Girls coin to 

I honestly can't see even a third of the bands you have mentioned allowing the Royal Mint to issue coins with their logos or representations on them.  Take The Beatles for example Yoko is currently fighting several lawsuits with John Lennon's children over his legacy, use of likeness, and dozens of other things, and not just by his first son Julian, but also the son he had with Yoko, Sean.  Then there is also the current hassle that Yoko is causing Ringo and Paul, after Ringo had found the tape of a song John Lennon was working on but was murdered before he finished it.  Lennon actually sent Ringo the tape asking for his input and collaboration on it, but John Lennon was murded, Ringo put it away being unable to deal with listening to the last thing one of his best friends was working on in it's raw unfinished format just before he was murdered, and over the years as time went by he forget about it and where he stored the tape for safe keeping, he recently found the tape not too long ago, got in touch with Paul, and the last two surviving Beatles finished the song - as per John Lennon's wishes for Ringo to help him with it and collaborate wih him on it, and Ringo released the song on his latest album, Yoko's still in the process of taking Ringo, and Paul to court over this.

As for The Who, given Pete Townshends legal issues from not too long ago  - remember that research he was doing for a book he was working on that never materalised, or his so called prevention program, Keith Moon's daughter Amanda would be very against it due to her fathers notorious behaviour, antics and stance, she's very protective over his legacy and wouldn't allow anything that would even slighly tarnish his antiestablishment reputation, Entwistle originally left The Who on very very unfriendly terms, he was very reluctingly dragged into preforming wih them again shortly before his death in 2001, he died in 2002, Daltrey is the only one I could see allowing it to be done, but he is very very protecive over his image, so he would want to practically design the coin himself just incase they used something he didn't consider flattering enough.

As for Led Zepplin, just look at the reason why they broke up, and other than their disastrous preformance in Philadelphia with Phil Collins on drums - it was the American version of Bob Geldof's and Midge Ure's Live Aid Phil Collins preformed first at Wembley Stadium before being jetted off on a charered concorde flight to preform with Led Zepplin in Philadelphia until recently as in until Youtube took off it was impossible to see this preformance unless you where there it was never released on VHS, Laser Disc, DVD... it was that bad Paige and Plant did everything that they could to prevent it's release even Phil Collins called the preformance an absolute nightmare and disaster, and a few gigs - not even a full tour tour with Bonham's son on drums have refused to play as or reform Led Zepplin - they would be nothing more than a cover band constently playing songs they wrote in their heyday and would never be allowed to play, write or record any new material, Paige actually stated that was the reason for retiring Led Zepplin, not just the death of the irreplaceable Bonham.

There are also los of reason's why I can't see the Rolling Stones allowing it to happen - how many people here can even name their drummer, piano player or bass player without using Professor Google.  Watts was replaced until recently, and people don't know these musicians and a host of other musicians who where with the Rolling Stones at the start and who have been replaced by either temps or new full time members over the years.  There is a reason why the focus is purely on Jagger, Richards and Wood, Jones has been practically written ou of the Rolling Stones history - something that really really upset Wyman especially when the blue plaque commemorating the forming of the Rolling Stones was put up at that train station hell he even walked out on the Stones decades ago, yet I bet nobady here can name who eventually became his full time replacement without the help of Professor Googlde, and there have literally been dozens of temp replacements, before they finally settled on a full time replacement and he gets no publicity

I can also see dozens of reasons hy I can't see Pink Floyd allowing it to happen, especially coming from the Barrett estate.  Gilmore, and Walters wouldn't let him leave the band, he was even begging to leave Pink Floyd, he had to force his way out by writting a song - I think it was called ''Have You Got It Yet'', that was so complex and kept changing that it couldn't be finished yet alone recorded before Gilmore and Walters finally got the hint that Barrett wanted nothing more to do with the band, and that if they wouldn't let him leave, he'd take the entire band down with him.

As a self confessed music junkie and a huge Stones, Zepplin and Beatles fan, I'd love to see these coins happening, christ knows that I've spent a fortune over the years on instruments and items actually used by these bands, but I can't see it happening.

Edited by Seth

The series is  Music Legends not rock legends and we got the biggest rock ones in Queen so I would think broader myself. Rod Stewart, Take that, Winehouse, Cliff Richard, George Michael  Bowie, . Whoever they will be Elton would need to think they are worthy or he would of said no. lts a guessing game :)

Edited by Becca

3 hours ago, Ducat916 said:

Some great names there but surely Kate Bush needs to be on one of these music legend coins. One of the finest British singer songwriters ever - 80 albums & in 2014, the first female artist in UK history to have 8 simultaneous Top 40 albums. 

She is without question the best but my guess is she won't break cover her life is hers. 

Single name artists will be easier. Tom Jones from Wales, The Proclaimers (😂) from Scotland And Van Morrison from Northern Ireland! 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

2 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

Single name artists will be easier. Tom Jones from Wales, The Proclaimers (😂) from Scotland And Van Morrison from Northern Ireland! 

And I would walk 500 miles to not see a Proclaimers - AKA The Dodgey Ginger Twins, coin.  Though The Corries, the Scottish folk band who wrote Flower of Scotland - that song is nowhere near as old as most people think it was writen in the mid to late 60's, would be an interesting choice for Scotland, though I can understand why they wouldn't be chosen, because of Flower of Scotland - just listen to or read the lyrics.  The Humblebums, the Scottish folk band Billy Connolly and Gerry Rafferty were in before they went their seperate ways, Billy Connolly to become a standup comedian, and Gerry Rafferty to continue with his musical career, would also be an interesting choice for Scotland, though I suspect that The Humblebums are far too obscure and too few people even know about them, yet alone that Billy Connolly and Gerry Rafferty actually started their careers in a Scottish folk band except for music junkies like myself, as Billy Connolly described why they broke up, ''the jokes got longer, and the songs got shorter''.

Van Morrison, especially his collaboration with the Irish folk band The Chieftains, would make an excellant coin choice for Northern Ireland, especially if they somehow incorporated the song ''Irish Heartbeat'' into somehow, perhaps having the line, ''Stay a while with your own ones'' on the inner circumference of the coin.

Edited by Seth

Still some QUEEN Coins in Stock at CHARD of Blackpool Coinsters !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ordered the one ounce Silver Proof Coloured Coin, £124 with next day Delivery, will get it Friday Coinsters !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by GrahamDiamond

12 hours ago, Becca said:

She is without question the best but my guess is she won't break cover her life is hers. 

Yes I guess you're right and even if she did agree she always, quite rightly, has a big say in anything put out in her name. A bit of wishful thinking :)

10 minutes ago, GrahamDiamond said:

Still some QUEEN Coins in Stock at CHARD of Blackpool Coinsters !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ordered the one ounce Silver Proof Coloured Coin, £124 with next day Delivery, will get it Friday Coinsters !!!!!!!!!!

They're all sold out now.