• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Kookaburra Gold 2020

Frenchie

3 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

In transparency, I did pick up one. First, and only, Kook...I guess that is redundant as first would be indicative of only, in present tense....question now will be, will I get the Kook bug and want more...more...more Kooks!!!😆

Out of 15,000 

Australia is only getting 1500 

Asia will snap them up in my opinion.

E.M got 20 in 

only 9 left..

It was them or a 1 oz gold buffalo 

Added 0 minutes later...
2 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

I will see you in Vegas @silverdocket

If the missus passes away sooner I'll be there sooner Lol 😂 

11 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

In transparency, I did pick up one. First, and only, Kook...I guess that is redundant as first would be indicative of only, in present tense....question now will be, will I get the Kook bug and want more...more...more Kooks!!!😆

I ordered one as well back on the 14th.  And you are right about the risk of this being a new yearly addiction.

2 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

Tempted hmmm.

Anyone from the forum thinking of getting one but put off by the postage me too. 

Possible to maybe go split the cost of postage if anyone is interested, send me a pm.

Buy and leave it in storage...

brexit is your only worry...

21 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

I'm not sure as I'm not a big 1/10th fan (excepting Libertads, which are thinner and wider). It's also not perhaps the design to 'hook' folk in imvho, it's 'retro'. If you've never seen a silver 1 oz you will likely be utterly addicted like the rest of us if you see one of the better years (so many down the 30 years!) in the flesh. An absolutely stunning series overall with just a few that disappoint slightly at first, but are essential as part of one of the best sets of modern silver coins I've laid eyes on imvho (with a notable mention also for the older RAM Roos - glorious) :)

Edited by kimchi

5 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I'm not sure as I'm not a big 1/10th fan (excepting Libertads, which are thinner and wider). It's also not perhaps the design to 'hook' folk in imvho, it's 'retro'. If you've never seen a silver 1 oz you will likely be utterly addicted like the rest of us if you see one of the better years (so many down the 30 years!) in the flesh. An absolutely stunning series overall with just a few that disappoint slightly at first, but are essential as part of one of the best sets of modern silver coins I've laid eyes on imvho (with a notable mention also for the older RAM Roos - glorious) :)

@kimchi, I know what you mean. I know the 1/10 oz format isn’t greatly informative, and indicative of the beauty as seen in a larger 1 oz format. I have seen the designs over the years and just need some motivation to add another series to the collection!😁

17 hours ago, silverdocket said:

Out of 15,000 

Australia is only getting 1500 

Asia will snap them up in my opinion.

E.M got 20 in 

only 9 left..

It was them or a 1 oz gold buffalo 

Added 0 minutes later...

If the missus passes away sooner I'll be there sooner Lol 😂 

I ordered from Monument Metals and they have 137 in stock. APMEX still has 62 in stock here in the US.

Edited by CadmiumGreen
Update quantity available from Monument Metals.

3 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

@kimchi, I know what you mean. I know the 1/10 oz format isn’t greatly informative, and indicative of the beauty as seen in a larger 1 oz format. I have seen the designs over the years and just need some motivation to add another series to the collection!😁

Trust me, they blow you away in hand! Every single one I've not been 'quite sure of' has been a delight in the flesh! The 2020 I was not keen on initially from pics, but lo and behold I get a couple delivered and I love 'em! I am (unfortunately) now recently into the 10ozers, I just hope and pray I never see a kilo 🤣

Just now, kimchi said:

Trust me, they blow you away in hand! Every single one I've not been 'quite sure of' has been a delight in the flesh! The 2020 I was not keen on initially from pics, but lo and behold I get a couple delivered and I love 'em! I am (unfortunately) now recently into the 10ozers, I just hope and pray I never see a kilo 🤣

Which years would you recommend to prime the kook pump? 

14 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

I ordered from Monument Metals and they don’t have any in stock. APMEX still has 62 in stock here in the US.

Apmex is a fairly decent price isn't it? I think around £130-140 (max) delivered is about right for the pre-order. They will go up when sold out. You won't make a fortune on these I don't think but some great points there on the previous page from @motorbikez and @Oystonousted and others.

12 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

Which years would you recommend to prime the kook pump? 

Oh blimey, where to start? For lower premiums I would probably say 2016 and 2017, both gorgeous designs imo. 2018 was divisive but I love it, it was a bold change, keeps things interesting but I wouldn't start there. 2019 is a stunner, a bit of a mix between the older and more modern styles, beautifully done as per usual (the quality on these is always great). That's definitely next on my list for the 10oz :D

2009 is widely regarded as one of the best ever but you'll pay for it. 2012 another super year imo. It never stops with the Kooks!

Edited by kimchi

11 minutes ago, Oystonousted said:

@kimchi Have you got all 3 x yrs Kooks with panda privy? There is 2017,18 and 19. Is that correct mate?

I'm not sure when they started but they've been going for years. I have the 2016 and 2017s, 2018 I think I only have the lunar so would love one if anyone has one spare. Also 2019 as I missed the whole range there pretty much, I missed a trick there, stunning coin imo!

1 hour ago, kimchi said:

Apmex is a fairly decent price isn't it? I think around £130-140 (max) delivered is about right for the pre-order. They will go up when sold out. You won't make a fortune on these I don't think but some great points there on the previous page from @motorbikez and @Oystonousted and others.

Oh blimey, where to start? For lower premiums I would probably say 2016 and 2017, both gorgeous designs imo. 2018 was divisive but I love it, it was a bold change, keeps things interesting but I wouldn't start there. 2019 is a stunner, a bit of a mix between the older and more modern styles, beautifully done as per usual (the quality on these is always great). That's definitely next on my list for the 10oz :D

2009 is widely regarded as one of the best ever but you'll pay for it. 2012 another super year imo. It never stops with the Kooks!

@kimchi...back from the transdimensional bathroom...thanks for the recommendations on where to start with the Kooks. I will take a look and perhaps a procure in the new year! I do have some cool series coming in the next few weeks to add in the collection that I think you will enjoy! 

Might have mine tomorrow, really looking forward to these as a Kook fan! :D My first (and second and third etc lol) BU 1/10th too, hope the size doesn't underwhelm!

The premium in Euros or Dollars (at around £135) still seems very reasonable to me given the present price of gold, the problem ofc is the postage from Europe or the States. Coin Connection still have a few at £150, it'll be interesting to see when those sell out.