• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1st Class Signed For Postage

GrahamDiamond

I recently sold a item of Silver and sent the Package First Class Signed For with my Local PO, This was a E Bay sale , Arg !!  The Buyer says it was given to another person by the Postman and therefore stolen. This was signed and delivered as far as I am concerned, what is my position with E Bay ?? will they ask me to Refund the Customer ?? Has any body been in a similar situation ?? Please comment if you can advise , Thank You in advance Coinster's !!!!

Dude i had this problem once with a empty Johnny Walker bottle and box. I had a suspicion he was pulling a fast one so invited to open a case which i lost even though it had been signed for and what seemed at his actual address. I hope you can have more success but ebay really do favour the buyer in these circumstances he has nothing to prove other than say i didnt sign for it. :(

I had a Gut feeling about this Sale, should have cancelled. What is done is done, and it look's like I have been well and Truly Done. First time after thousands of sales, It happens to all of us in the end I suppose Coinster's !!!!

Thanks for the speedy reply StackingItAll.

I would ask the Post Office to interview the postman and find out what he has done. 
Bottom line is it’s just a load of unwelcome hassle, and some thieving git has got the coin☹️.

Please could you PM me the buyer please...I will add him/her to my blocked buyers list...

I had a similar case where delivery driver posted to wrong house who signed for the coins!..fortunately I proved to PayPal that I hadn’t  received it and they paid me out (not eBay)..I then actually got the coins back and a refund! So worth a try!

My proof was 24 hr CCTV on my house....no delivery driver came to the door. Without that I guess they might not have believed me. 

Best of luck...

9 minutes ago, Kookaburracollector said:

I would ask the Post Office to interview the postman and find out what he has done. 
Bottom line is it’s just a load of unwelcome hassle, and some thieving git has got the coin☹️.

Please could you PM me the buyer please...I will add him/her to my blocked buyers list...

I had a similar case where delivery driver posted to wrong house who signed for the coins!..fortunately I proved to PayPal that I hadn’t  received it and they paid me out (not eBay)..I then actually got the coins back and a refund! So worth a try!

My proof was 24 hr CCTV on my house....no delivery driver came to the door. Without that I guess they might not have believed me. 

Best of luck...

PM'D Coinster !!!!!!!!!

has the buyer opened an ebay case for not received.if not wait untilk he has.once he has opened a  case,.go onto royal mail twitter site and you can ask them to check location of delivery.can take upto 24 hours,copy and paste reply and then add this to the ebay return page,then phone ebay customer services,afternoon is best so you speak to English/irish rather than far east.tell them you have proof of delivery,signed for.and royal mail proof of location of delivery.you may be lucky that they accept this and  close the case on the phone in your favour.good luck.

ps : also add the proof of delivery signature from royal mail website to the ebay return page.before phoning Ebay.

51 minutes ago, mr-dead said:

The PDA stores the GPS location of the signature.

They can quickly check if the item was signed for at the correct address and doorstep.

true but if this tracks correctly the item was either delivered or stolen by the postman, you would have difficulty proving the latter unless you had cctv footage.

sometimes the post office don't entirely rely on the signature and will insist it was correctly delivered even though the signature is just a random squiggle

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

25 minutes ago, GrahamDiamond said:

It now appears the buyer gave me his friends address and not his own, block of flats, he is saying his friend was at work and the Postman gave the Parcel to the next door neighbour who has stolen the Item ??

make sure you check the delivery address with royal mail.as previously advised

also.as the buyer is saying it has been stolen ask buyer to report the so called theft to the police and ask him to get a crime number.

and check with paypal his paypal registered address to see if it is the address you posted too.

41 minutes ago, GrahamDiamond said:

It now appears the buyer gave me his friends address and not his own, block of flats, he is saying his friend was at work and the Postman gave the Parcel to the next door neighbour who has stolen the Item ??

I am really sorry to hear all this.

How does he know that the Postman gave the parcel to the friend's next door neighbour?  Was a note saying this left at his friend's home?  Is the Postman saying this after someone has spoken to him?   

To have a parcel directed to a friend who he knows will be at work when the Postman comes is not very clever anyway!

I'm afraid that this is sounding suspicious. 

This sounds like the old " can you post to another address " Ebay scam and unfortunately Paypal /  Ebay will not support you if you have posted to to an address that is not the buyers confirmed Paypal address.

Also if Royal Mail  leave an item with a neighbour ( which they can with signed for but not SD ) the postie should leave a card giving the address of the neighbour that he has posted to.

Someone tried this scam with me a couple of years ago, he used an ex employers Ebay / Paypal account to order the item and then ten minutes after payment sent an email asking to post to a different location over 100 miles from the account holders address. 

You sent it to the correct address, it arrived the correct address, after that I don't see how it's your responsibility.  This is between the buyer and the postman, they've both agreed what you sent arrived and they've both agreed it was given away.

5 minutes ago, GrahamDiamond said:

This was the Address on E Bay and Paypal, The Address changed once I had Posted the Item and gave the Tracking Number.

Ebay should be able to check when the address was changed, complete scam, I'd show up at the door, apparently royal mail don't give parcels without ID and that's what they would say when it comes to make a claim, in I collected a parcel without ID today

The hunt is on!

Follow my Morgan dollar quest and watch other video's on my YouTube channel: Peacemaker

2 hours ago, GrahamDiamond said:

This is what my gripe is with E Bay, address changed after I had posted. Now the buyer says it was his friends Address Scam.

I had a similar thing happen to me but the other way round. Seller had changed his address and send me a dud coin. I returned it but it tracked as undelivered fortunately. Wasnt' an address scam.

Ebay didn't know about the change of address so told him to change it in ebay and then to send me the cost of postage to the correct address.

If they have his change of address recorded, which they should, you should be ok from that standpoint. You still have a gripe with the post office though.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Just an FYI - I got home today to see my 1st class signed for package note saying 'at number 11'.  He gave it to a different house to sign for??  I don't mind if I said to do so , but they have no idea that number 11 loves or hates me, it's not even my next door neighbour.

This is what my gripe is with E Bay, address changed after I had posted. Now the buyer says it was his friends Address Scam.

I would just like to thank every one for their contributions to this post, Very much appreciated Coinster's !!!!

On 21/10/2019 at 19:43, GrahamDiamond said:

This was the Address on E Bay and Paypal, The Address changed once I had Posted the Item and gave the Tracking Number.

Tell PayPal all of this info.  If he knows the neighbour has stolen it he should report it to the police. At least let PayPal/eBay know this info in case he wants a refund but he hasn’t contacted the police. 

If he puts in a claim call his bluff and say you will call the police, Royal Mail and they will need to speak to him, neighbour and friend for more info. 

On 21/10/2019 at 19:45, Miganto said:

You sent it to the correct address, it arrived the correct address, after that I don't see how it's your responsibility.  This is between the buyer and the postman, they've both agreed what you sent arrived and they've both agreed it was given away.

This is exactly what has happened, the buyer said he was going to the Police today ??

2 minutes ago, GrahamDiamond said:

This is exactly what has happened, the buyer said he was going to the Police today ??

Tell him you are happy that he is and you're glad to join in with a witness statement.

He's bluffing and even if he isn't, you aren't at fault anywhere.  There is proof you did as you meant to.

Archived