• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

9 minutes ago, Gruff said:

In the UK, I expect that Labour will go on a spending binge, fueled by deficit spending and then in 18 months time, look to jack up taxes all over the place, blaming Conservatives whilst doing so.

I wonder if the Tories still have that note that was left to them by Labour in 2010 that said, "we've spent all the money". Might as well leave it out on the desk for the incoming Labour chancellor.

14 minutes ago, bipolar said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what is driving the gold price up at the moment? Until recently, the price was pretty stable. 

The central bank buying (all over the world). And the Chinese people apparently see what's coming as they're in a right state over there.

Many other factors too (incl. knowing rates will come down means the smart money are moving over in preparation)

And conflicts in the world of course affect it.

Then it'll be in the media more and more, so Jo Public will jump on our party train.

Tyler James Williams Singing GIF by ABC Network

Edited by katyc

1 minute ago, bipolar said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what is driving the gold price up at the moment? Until recently, the price was pretty stable. 

That my friend is the big question.  Since March it has seemingly confounded all the usual "experts" and broken free of the inverse relationship with the US dollar.  Loons and crazies on here will tell you all manner of reasons as to why... the truth probably contains a bit of each of those reasons.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

7 minutes ago, bipolar said:

Worlds going to giphy.gif&ehk=sOYIcMUzORWC42Jo5duLftxRd7 Too much to pin point

Well ladies and genitals. We are moving up again. Even hot inflation isn't hurting gold atm - it fought straight through a slight drop. I think this says it all. This is a REAL run. And it's only just begun.

(Terms and conditions apply: Do not confuse this with definite facts. I do not want to be the new reverse-Wonga and butt of every joke on TSF)

16 minutes ago, bipolar said:

In a nutshell we’re fcuked!

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

1 hour ago, silversky said:

Looks like up has the upper hand in the real world for now...  but not much in it really.

Bloomman's vote takes it to 2 up 1 down and 3 neutral.  A few more and we'll have enough votes for an FOMC rates meeting.... :lol:

Friendly reminder. Up >1870.00, Down <1832.00, Neutral anywhere between.  Close of market when it stops moving...

image.png.ab8381a0ad1b41a2af0ec7fd5bc5e3d7.png

image.png

@MrStacker up the anti on the graphs bud , your getting destroyed as per usual,??? check out @silversky, he’s just banged in 2 in the same post”, he’s got you with both barrels on that one ??👍

3 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

In a nutshell we’re fcuked!

Silver may finally get it's day in the sun then at least 😬🤞

Back to gold:

£1864 🤯

Poll stands at

Paul: U, James32: N, PhilB: N Honest Money: N Bloom: D Katyc: N Silversky: U

Guess for close of the week when the last tick stops. >1870.00 equals Up, <1832.00 equals Down.  in the middle Neutral.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

2 minutes ago, silversky said:

Poll stands at

Paul: U, James32: N, PhilB: N Honest Money: N Bloom: D Katyc: N Silversky: U

Guess for close of the week when the last tick stops. >1870.00 equals Up, <1832.00 equals Down.  in the middle Neutral.

Can I play? My mum says I have to make friends.  UP