• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Bullion By Post (Crowd Funding)

£2,200,000 for 6.2% equity.

If Dragons Den has taught me anything, that would value BBP at just under £36m. For a company making £2m or so pre tax profit, then that's a multiple of 18. Please correct me if I'm wrong. If that's correct then I'm laughing myself to sleep tonight. What am I missing?

Edited by TheBullionBoy

£2,200,000 for 6.2% equity.

If Dragons Den has taught me anything, that would value BBP at just under £36m. For a company making £2m or so pre tax profit, then that's a multiple of 18. Please correct me if I'm wrong. If that's correct then I'm laughing myself to sleep tonight. What am I missing?

In that case , I'm out

They must have hit an impressive pay day with that sale? :blink:

It was sold in a package of names from one domainer to another for £400k

http://www.sourcewire.com/news/64227/gold-co-uk-domain-packages-sold-for-400k#.VHpjizGsWSo

I'm not 100% if it was sold again to another domainer before being sold to bullion by post. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I have had an email from BBP and the crowdfunding  offer has now been withdrawn, reason being:

"The interest generated by our crowdfunding has presented some unexpected opportunities for the

business that mean we have decided not to continue with the crowdfunding campaign.

This is the right decision for BullionByPost, and will best enable us to focus on delivering our
vision for the business."

Read of that what you will

I have only bought from them once in the past and it was a small order of x10 silver coins.  So pretty small fry buyer.

On this basis i can assume that their entire customer database of buyers have been offered this crowdfunding expansion thingymgig.

I have had an email from BBP and the crowdfunding  offer has now been withdrawn, reason being:

"The interest generated by our crowdfunding has presented some unexpected opportunities for the

business that mean we have decided not to continue with the crowdfunding campaign.

This is the right decision for BullionByPost, and will best enable us to focus on delivering our

vision for the business."

Read of that what you will

Reading the skepticism laced into some of the questions in the forum section of the pitch I think BBP realised that they were onto a hiding for nothing. 

One question response that did make my laugh was when one potential investor queried why almost the same amount of money that was being requested by the pitch was drawn as dividends no less than six months ago. To paraphrase Stein he said he needed his part of the money as he had a young family and wanted to do up his house. - It did not read well and came across poorly.

Their CFO was also poor in his attempt to justify the valuation of the company as well as the low stock offer vis a vis funding required. Came across as never-neverland and that we are an existing business and we know how much we are worth. 

What is worrying is that it is common practise when raising capital to explore more than one option. What I do find strange is that they did not let the pitch proceed for the time set and in the scheme of things pulled the plug very very early. Nothing ventured nothing gained as the saying goes, and even if the pitch was fully subscribed they were not honoured bound to go with the offer - As you say, read into it what you will. 

According to the Sunday Telegraph, Rob Halliday-Stein, who owns 90 percent of Bullionbypost was considering putting the company up for sale 2 1/2 years ago and hired advisory firm Grant Thornton International Ltd to advise him.

A sale would raise additional funds to hire staff and expand overseas, in particular to Spain, he said.

Now, in 2014, he pays himself a large dividend and six months later seeks over £2 million via crowdfunding, and almost immediatly aborts the offer.   What is going on?

You can see the article in the Sunday Telegraph on Bloomberg at:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-29/jewellery-quarter-bullion-may-be-sold-sunday-telegraph-reports.html

• 8 years later...

Come on @Tn21 keep up! ;) Tbf thanks commenting its did spark my attention - I'm sure there's plenty of gems in the archives TSF vault albeit I know some has been deleted,,,, but Im too busy posting drivel on the NBS....

image.png.d1b07b304382dbd76ab2d9bb9f8dfe6d.png

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454