• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

gold queens beast series losing its charm?

universalcurrency

I wondering what are peoples views on the gold queens beast series as an investment or short term flip?  I checked out some uk dealers and the price seems to have come down on the 1 oz pieces particularly the griffin.

However coininvest seem to have a large premium (on pieces such as the griffin) so perhaps there is some location price discrepancy or just wishful thinking?

All views welcome.

@universalcurrency I hope the Queen Beast series not losing their charm and appeal I have posted some photos of the Gold Coins that I own on the following thread

https://thesilverforum.com/topic/11158-today-i-received/?page=487

I personally love these coins and I am confident the premiums will continue to raise with every release of the next coin in the series. The majority of the Silver and Gold that I own in the Queens Beasts coins (2 oz Silver / 10 oz Silver and 1 oz Gold) plus 1oz Silver proofs.

I would be surprised if the premium stays high on them, they are bullion. I own the set of 1oz gold to date but bought at release for the same as 1oz Brit's would have cost, not sure why the premium is so high. I think the lion went to 1600 at one point from dealers. Don't pay that. 

40 minutes ago, universalcurrency said:

I happened to see some good deals at chards £1076 for the 1oz griffin if my memory serves correct, perhaps they know something different to more bullish dealers?

Ps dont all rush at once, I might like to get one myself! 😀

I had to drive to Blackpool yesterday during working hours to see Chards in person to replace my 4x 1oz Gold Griffins coins that I have purchased from them because three of them arrived in terrible condition. They were sent in a single plastic sleeve together :(. I don't know how if they were damaged in transit or the coins damaged before they were sent in the post but I was not happy. Before I purchased these coins from Chard carried out due diligence and inquired either being sold from the secondary market or brand new from the Royal mint and Chard had some remaining stock. Chard confirmed directly from the Royal Mint so I decided to pull the trigger and purchased four of them.

After sending message through the Silver Forums Chard agreed to replace the coins purchased and I decided best course action take time out of work and see them directly. The 1oz Gold Queens Beasts Coin I have from Chards I am happy with but this should not have happened in the 1st instance. Chards updated their postage procedure to ensure this issue does not happen again. I am simply happy the ordeal is sorted although no refund in initial postage cost as gesture of good will :(.

Looking to purchase 1 oz Gold Queens Beast Griffin coins from Chards I know at least three of them have significant damage beyond acceptable as a bullion coin.

image.png.e6670ed6b5668b9972e7bc83eccd9efc.png

image.png.e60604fbdf2ad3cefc61a9a27822cca1.png

image.png.f1641f76afe73792470ebcf6af6e8b35.png

image.png.22b5fe7d01f40502ba8103b70dac4c9a.png

image.png.fed648f0d0593fad0f6829ba4f7559a2.png

They should not of been sent out in that condition as new, or the faults shown or listed, Martin at Silvertrader would never do that and any he gets if they are really bad he sends them back and ones not too bad he sells them as second grade he was telling me.

Not very good, you are buying from Chards at the end of the day they should refund your postage and take it up with Royal Mint to get the money back.

Thats shocking! chards you say...

I don't think the series is losing its charm, the earlier releases were better than the recent ones but I think they are a fantastic collection. I actually prefer the bullion coins vs the proofs.

I will continue to pick these up, especially if the price keeps dropping.

I don't see the premium on the  Lion, Griffin and Dragon going down for the next two years at least, even the unicorn is picking up a good premium now.

as for the bull and falcon we'll have to wait and see.

isn't it fun stacking gold 😆

I've been tracking prices on silver and gold QB and its quite odd.  Prices are very variable if they have them in stock, some places were selling the 1oz lion for "regular" 1oz gold prices while others were 12-1300.  On the other hand the 1/4oz doesnt seem to have moved apart from spot. 

Conclusion, i think some of the higher prices weren't reflective of wider demand.  Silver prices are staying steady rate above premium. 

17 minutes ago, Martlet said:

I've been tracking prices on silver and gold QB and its quite odd.  Prices are very variable if they have them in stock, some places were selling the 1oz lion for "regular" 1oz gold prices while others were 12-1300.  On the other hand the 1/4oz doesnt seem to have moved apart from spot. 

Conclusion, i think some of the higher prices weren't reflective of wider demand.  Silver prices are staying steady rate above premium. 

some dealers get down and dirty when it comes to gold QB.

for example they show a picture of the lion for a very reasonable price, now if you're not buying and just browsing you might think the price is what is shown on the website, but if you try to buy you'll realise they don't even have the coin in stock which means the price shown on their website is not real. 

18 hours ago, fiveshotdon said:

Thats shocking! chards you say...

When do you know Bullion dealer has good customer service - when there is an issue. I just don't have any faith if I was not part of the Silver forums and I took advice from established members to always video record unboxing for own safety and protection in case any issues in the future. Chard in my opinion just did not want to deal with the issue or acknowledge fault was theirs. I will personally never buy anything from Chards again.

image.png.7a9ae2a8a1bff62b342276591a286d8a.png

image.png.055289297495b793226d22b5ef7590bc.png

13 hours ago, dicker said:

I am interested if a complete set will command a premium over individual premiums. 

I believe have 10x 1 oz Gold Queens Beasts coins one for each in the series the total set price will demand a higher price than the individual coins by themselves. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. I also believe any further movement down in Gold spot price (even get $1,000 oz couple of years time) the premiums Gold 1 oz QB coins will increase to offset any negative spot price that reason why invested in 1 oz Gold QB series rather than just standard 1 oz Gold Britannia or any other 1 oz Gold coins.

Quality control problems seem to be escalating in recent times, personally unless i can view them first i now only buy raw coins from one UK dealer who knows the quality that i expect.

Normally i buy gold proof but as a previous post has mentioned there are some bullion dealers who will always make the effort to send you good quality bullion coins and of course many now see the Bullion QB as a collectable rather than just raw bullion.

I believe that the bullion QB will always be a good investment with time but maybe not as a short term flip, they really are high quality and very good on the eye for a bullion coin and as long as they are in good nick they will be in demand in the future.

Personally I have the opinion that scratched and damaged coins should be sold at bullion prices similar to a pre owned Krugerrand regardless of the coin.

Sellers trying to parcel them off at collector coin prices with strategically worded terms and conditions is nothing but annoying.

7 minutes ago, MoralHazard said:

These coins at Chards are all scuffed on the queens face. They confirmed this when asked. So if you buy it and pay 15% premium know what you are buying for...

it's quite common for them to be scuffed around the neck. I have picked mine up from RMB direct mostly. I have received 3 coins with red spots :( the RMB are very good with returns though.

I bought what was probably the only gold 1oz bullion lion on sale at last week's London Coin Show  . . . . mint condition . . . .  for £1000, just over 5% above spot !!!!!

It was worth getting up at the crack of dawn and queueing for half an hour to be one of the first through the doors !

I also picked up the griffin and the dragon for £1100 a piece at the BNTA show a few weeks earlier.

20 minutes ago, SouthCoastInvestor said:

I bought what was probably the only gold 1oz bullion lion on sale at last week's London Coin Show  . . . . mint condition . . . .  for £1000, just over 5% above spot !!!!!

It was worth getting up at the crack of dawn and queueing for half an hour to be one of the first through the doors !

I also picked up the griffin and the dragon for £1100 a piece at the BNTA show a few weeks earlier.

are you trying to make us cry ? 😆 

I have been thinking about what happened to Michael Jackson memorabilia when he passed away for a period of time the prices skyrocketed even though had roller coaster of a career. We have two more years until the series in the Queens Beast completed. If her majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away before then or even afterwards does anyone have the foresight to guess what could happen to the premiums on these coins?

Archived