• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Do you have a target?

investorman

Would be interested to hear if people had a target number of ounces of Gold or Silver (or Platinum) that they were aiming for?

Or whether people were putting aside x% of their salary and will do indefinitely.

For me starting small, 100oz Silver, 1oz Gold and maybe 0.25oz Platinum would be a good target for my first 6 months.

4 months into stacking,I have for my target 1oz gold BU Brits from 2013 going forward, 1oz gold BU QB's then working backwards on full Sovs but keeping x GSR in 1oz silver BU Brits and 10oz QB's. Inevitably i'm getting a bit distracted by the BYB SF bars and the Scottsdales, So many shinys ;)

My Target is 100 Sovereigns and a full 1oz set of QB which will be around 33.5 oz - although hoping the QB will hold more than weight value. Would also like 20KG in silver although dont currently have silver in my buying stategy. Hoping to be around halfway on gold target by the end of the month and not sure on silver I’m waiting to see if it will go any lower but also just focusing on gold at the moment. Looking to hit my target as soon as possible and then will considerably cut back on PMs as i have other investment interests. Not sure on exit strategy it all depends on the market but also main motivation is a store of wealth to diversify my overall investment portfolio.

I don't have a weight target at all. The way I buy is to regularly set aside money I can use for buying PMs and when i see something I like come up that I think is reasonably priced I buy it. This is mostly various modern bullion coins and old Canadian silver coins with my collection probably being a 50/50 mix of the two. Some weeks I will buy a lot of stuff and other weeks I won't see anything come up that I like so buy nothing. That being said I can't remember the last week I had where I didn't buy anything 🤣

If I like something+ think it will do well in years to come I will buy it, not worried about weight 

This year I haven't gotten any pm's yet 😐 unless the QB dragon was released this year

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

1 minute ago, Kman said:

If I like something+ think it will do well in years to come I will buy it, not worried about weight 

This year I haven't gotten any pm's yet 😐

Did you say you've bought no PM's this year?? Now that is showing restraint 😛

1oz of silver for every day you have left ?  At least you wouldn't go hungry. :D

Yeah, you might not have a place to live, be living a cardboard box, have a horrible disease that you can't afford to have treated in the U.S. ... but you wouldn't be hungry!

7 minutes ago, matrawr said:

Did you say you've bought no PM's this year?? Now that is showing restraint 😛

It's more my interest in pm's has blown a bit cold and I've replaced it with something else atm :ph34r: art and "sneakers"

I'm sure I will come back round to the shiny stuff :D

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

No specific target for silver now that I have 100 ozt of it, except have a penchant for panda coins. 

Current plan is to buy one fractional gold bullion coin every other month and re-evaluate it all in six months' time. 

I don't really think about targets but still love buying sovereign.s and qb coins when they come out. The more sovereign.s I get the more I want lol. The is so many to buy. I only can spend about £350 a month at the moment. I'm getting £6000 on my birthday in January and keep making up my list what to buy sure I'm gonna get some nice sovereign.s which will include a £5 sov would love the 2017 one looks stunning

My spending has gone through the roof this year and I already hit my targets in 2016.

I got the gold sovereign bug again this year and have a considerable amount.

If silver dips into the £9 pound range like it did in 2015, I will add another 500 to 1000 ounces just to be on the safe side.

I got to know a few coin dealers this year and they are always given me good deals.

Archived