• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Where to buy George III sovereigns?

Gradius

Just wondering wheres the best place to buy George III sovereigns from.

None of the main dealers seem to have any and I dont want to use ebay because of the amount of fakes on there and im not experienced enough as well as the fact that everything on there has a higher premium than shops and websites.

I dont want any sort of rare date, just a standard bullion coin.

I think they are all considered rare or at the very least highly desirable. Don't forget they were only minted for, I think,  four years. 

Even very worn ones goes for a pretty penny. How much were you thinking of spending?

1 hour ago, Gradius said:

Just wondering wheres the best place to buy George III sovereigns from.

They aren't exactly an everyday commodity, fairly uncommon even in poor grade. They have had a real popularity surge recently, especially the 1817 due to the recent anniversary and the Royal Mint's productions. Consequently they are pricey, the nice ones very much so.
I don't know any dealer that gets them in regularly, ebay being the best bet if you stick to the well known sellers, otherwise a steady trickle usually appear at the main auction houses.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I have one, i got it at a very reasonable price and certainty much cheaper than they are now, though the prices at Cambridgeshire coins fair.  IMO i would rather have a G3rd sov than the 200th remembrance coin any day.  

Cheers for the advice guys.

1 hour ago, Pipers said:

I have one, i got it at a very reasonable price and certainty much cheaper than they are now, though the prices at Cambridgeshire coins fair.  IMO i would rather have a G3rd sov than the 200th remembrance coin any day.  

Where did you get your one from if you dont mind me asking?

On 2/27/2018 at 22:40, KDave said:

Some here, a bit pricey but then they are now, the 2017 proof design renewed interest in them.

http://www.cambridgeshirecoins.com/epages/es121869.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es121869/Categories/Sovereigns

These guys have an ebay shop too probably worth cross checking the prices.

Cambridgeshire Coins... reliable?

Cheers

37 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

my initial thoughts are they'll be fine.

We shall see, just bought the 1887 half, just hope Atkinsons give me a refund now or I will be swapping the other one with @Roy for his fakes collection. :)

Suffice to say I am done with Atkinsons now for anything other than bullion grade stuff, I am a novice and noticed the irregularities of this coin, heaven knows what they were up to...

On 03/03/2018 at 17:45, JunkBond said:

Cambridgeshire Coins... reliable?

Cheers

I found them to be so, I'm sure you did too:)

On 03/03/2018 at 19:31, Xander said:

Do you know if these companies are open to offers?

They will move but not by much and you'll need a reason.

3 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I found them to be so, I'm sure you did too:)

They will move but not by much and you'll need a reason.

Cash is usually a good motivator.;)

Kidding aside I have always been a bit hesitant to ask. Cheers.

34 minutes ago, Xander said:

Cash is usually a good motivator.;)

Kidding aside I have always been a bit hesitant to ask. Cheers.

If you think something is too expensive, movement may well be factored in. Another good clue is "I've had this a while":D

Archived