• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

• Founder & Administrator

Keith what size is that Pamp thing? I don't like the small ones in little plastic packs but that's awesome!

PAMP Lady fortuna bars. They are beautiful! Not sure what size Keith has there. Either a 250g, 5oz or 10oz.

I have a 500g but which I got the smaller 5oz size instead as the dimensions are nicer (there isn't extra space above and below the fortuna design)

I will eventually buy a 10oz. These bars have quite a bit of premium on them compared to other silver bars. But they sure are beautiful.

Looking on youtube it seems that the older PAMP bars 100g, 250g, 5oz, 10oz, 500g, 1kg used to all come with serial numbers on the bars. Shame they don't make them like that anymore. However, one positive of the newer bars is the better plastic box they come in. Before was just some flimsy piece of plastic apparently. Now its a hard box.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

@Danny & Cornishfarmer - Have you seen this video?

Interesting HH, just goes to prove (in my eyes) that the big players can "buy" MS70's from the grading houses.

Underneath the "I" is exactly where my imperfections are too.

Stacker since 2013

• Founder & Administrator

Do people buy graded coins because the want a perfect coin or do they buy graded coins because of the label, if it's the later then the 70 label is still there :lol: but then when you come to sell it, can you claim it's a perfect 70. It says it on the label, does that mean it is. I would say no. The label has now just came to represent that the coin may be a perfect coin. Probably just as much chance as a real MS70 from an unopened tube than wasting money on NGC.

I also don't like the fact that PCGS has 2 grading services. A standard one and a 'secure plus' one. The secure one being that they scrutinise the coin more so it's harder to get a perfect rating. Surely a MS70 is a 70, and that they should have the same strict grading process for all of their grading services. Rather than a pay extra and we check properly type of service.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Have to agree Chris, I think grading is losing a lot of it's credibility of late.

It's a shame really, but they have the power to make themselves more money by over grading coins.

So they do.

Stacker since 2013

I also don't like the fact that PCGS has 2 grading services. A standard one and a 'secure plus' one. The secure one being that they scrutinise the coin more so it's harder to get a perfect rating. Surely a MS70 is a 70, and that they should have the same strict grading process for all of their grading services. Rather than a pay extra and we check properly type of service.

As I've said before, and what you've just said proves my point, grading is a rip off. It plays on the greed on people thinking they can command a higher price when selling.

I know some of you like slabbed coins, and each to their own. But in the long run, I'd rather buy 2 scratched/scuffed/milkspotted bullion coins than one slabbed "if you give me a lot of money, I'll tell everyone this is a perfect coin" one. 

The one you sent me Keith has a similar mark between the W and A of saltwater but mine is just a bullion coin and not MS70.

I think you will rightly have a claim against NGC through MCM as they are the ones grading the coin as perfect when it clearly is not,good luck with it mate and let us know how you get on.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Here is their reply.

Dear keithoil,

NGC and PCGS state that for a coin to grade MS70, no flaws can be visible under 5X magnification. However, both grading services do allow “as made” imperfections that are the result of the minting process itself.

These Crocodile coins are bullion coins and are not struck to the same strict requirements as collector Proof coins. All of the crocodile coins will have various very minor marks that are a result of the minting process. These marks are absolutely normal for this type of bullion coin and do not detract from the value.

Should you have any additional questions, please feel welcome to contact us. We are happy to help!
Thank You & Best Regards,
Sinclaire

I have told them that the fault is visible with the naked eye.

Edited by Keithoil

In other words MS70 69 etc means F all, according to NGC and PCGS get out clause, or is it the sellers response(MCM) who can't be bothered to contact NGC on your behalf.

In my eyes MCM have just blown the grading system out of the water, there is no point using their argument ( MCM) in paying a premium price for a product if they are going to use this pathetic get out clause.

Try NGC direct Keith.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Just got two more NGC graded Australian Crocs, oh and a 2012 Panda MS69..

Same issue on the crocs but not as pronounced, has to be a die issue in the mint!!!

That said I will still collect NGC graded coins..

Just got two more NGC graded Australian Crocs, oh and a 2012 Panda MS69..

Same issue on the crocs but not as pronounced, has to be a die issue in the mint!!!

That said I will still collect NGC graded coins..

Better hold onto that one - could be a "rare die crack issue" lol

Seems a bit BS that a coin which isn't perfect can be effectively graded as such, although presumably it could be considered with respect to the series itself I suppose, MS-70 being the best looking croc (as opposed to perfect).

Still BS though, IMO.