• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2017 10oz Queens Beasts Lion BULLION coin

morezone

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, ThoseBackPages said:

ok, according to APMEX's Live Chat, it's a pre-sale and ships 5/10/17

but man, this is tempting, as its 3.50+ inches wide!

The live agent I spoke with via telephone stated they're in-hand and mine ships out later today.  I specifically asked if it was a pre-order as I'll be out of the country for a week or so in the near future.

2 minutes ago, Jester said:

The live agent I spoke with via telephone stated they're in-hand and mine ships out later today.  I specifically asked if it was a pre-order as I'll be out of the country for a week or so in the near future.

LOVE IT!

84 left. Not sure of course if this Apmex batch is the whole lot .,, or if another 2000 will show up next week in Europe - who knows? Also nuts that the RM will have this and the bullion platinum as 2017 coins, while the originals in 2 ounce and the gold are 2016s...but that probably adds to the appeal. 

Also 100 available at Pinehurst as well.  

What's crazy is it's almost like they're trying to slip this one in as a sleeper.  There's nothing I could find on the RM website about the 1 oz Platinum or the 10 oz BU.  And you'd think that both would either be front and center or at least "on the podium" for these retailers' sites given how popular the series is but PCE doesn't have a thing on their homepage that points to the new 10 oz QB BU.

Personally, I'm not concerned with the mintage.  Would it be great if it were somewhat limited?  Of course but this series seems to do well regardless (look at the 2 oz bullion sales).  Plus, be honest, having the entire set in 10 oz would be a sight to behold!

So long as they don't go "all-in" and release a 10-ounce platinum for each one I think I can keep up with the sets! 

Nothing surprises me anymore about the idiosyncrasies of the RM website.  Sometimes I think they are the last to know what is going on...

certainly looking at how older 10 ounce Kookaburras have appreciated (at least via Apmex aelling prices) - it will be interesting to see how these QBs  appreciate, and good to get a bit of variety in that size of coin. 

I can foresee a 15 ounce Libertad silver Proof in future! 

As someone that is new to all of this, it was the coins width that sold me.   

The 10oz Kook is the same width as the 5oz ATB, so that is less appealing to me. 

This 10oz BEAST (pun intended) is practically the size of a COASTER! (which is a good thing)

I think its getting daft now, if you want to collect most sets you must be in for £10,000+ a year.  Most are poor value, it is true you will hit the money on some coins but most will be worth bullion is 15 years, if you go onto Ebay and look it is full of sets that were all the rage in the 1970's and early 1980's and are only worth bullion.  Some sets are pumped and will be worth a premium for a few years. IMO if you want to collect sets buy the best sets that are the tried and tested eg Sovereigns etc.

Also if you like coin collecting and want to do it as a hobby then fine enjoy yourself, but do not get upset if your collection is not worth the premium you expect when you come to sell.  

Yes Yes I here you saying he is a stacker and is only interested in the price how boring.  Just remember I buy nice coins from around the world old and new, yes they have nicks on, yes they have been circulated , Thats my choice.  

Finally, someone who is thinking the same as me on this. The next will be the 1kg i assume, also there will be VAT on the Platinum, this has come from Auragentum who believes it's a bad buy.........

It's like a business with only one idea..

The other hand it's likely that a lot of the pressure of motivation for this comes from the American resellers who are after sale able product.

I treat this series very much in the same way as Perth mint lunar 2. Provided the premium is reasonable, which it certainly is at the moment, then these new coins represent a good buy.

One difference between the Royal Mint and Perth mint that may be significant, apart from considerations such as quality, is the publication and management of overall mintages. In broad terms, this adds to the credibility of Perth mint (apart from the 1 kg).

I believe it is absolutely essential for Royal Mint to establish a close off process for each of these coins in the series and then publish the mintages.

I just got the Coinbase e-mail with the picture of this on it, I did not think the artex wallpaper effect suited the larger coin, not that it looks great on an ounce coin but I think it looks worse once scaled upwards.

7 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

The Apmex price won't be the price you'll get. Having heard the stories of the Silver Liberties (in some cases Apmex offering less than 50%) i'd be careful buying into this far too much. What i can't understand is the fact we're now at the Red Dragon yet they see to be throwing everything at the Lion still when it's nearly a year old

While we may have different opinions about the RMs latest QB offerings, I will have to agree with you about their schedule. I'm personally a fan and buyer of the 10 oz QB Lion (can't afford the platinum), however I'd like to see them move forward with new offerings such as the 1 oz Silver and Gold Griffin Proof, etc. Seeing the new offerings on most major dealers websites now leads me to believe the mintages for both new coins will be fairly high (hopefully not as high as the 2 oz bullion). For those interested, JM Bullion has the lowest price I've seen so far.

Archived