• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Car Trader starting to invest in Gold

On 03/02/2024 at 11:14, GoldDiggerDave said:

You know me and I am not pro cashless, the system is system up now to be anti cash to the point bars, restaurants, bakeries etc won’t take it, and the more automation we get, car parks,    vending machines the more these are also converted to cashless.

Cash is not king anymore, it’s a very sad reality but it’s a fact.  

The reality of people exchanging large amount in the case of the OP, 52k ish in cash for 1kg without ID is verging on the ridiculous, as the seller is left with the same problem how to get shut of it, and it’s a total inconvenience of trying to bank it and be nailed for the charges and no doubt the 3rd degree from the bank or HMRC turning up at your door. 

I can’t stress enough I hate the idea of cashless but the system doesn’t care about my feelings, and as I said above trying paying your bills in cash, it’s impossible in some cases, I’ll have a go at ordering something on Amazon and I’ll see if Jeff will accept £50 in the post for payment.

They make it harder, you comply because it's easier, once enough people comply they add another layer of complication, until everyone complies again.

It only ends when people stop complying.

6 hours ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

They make it harder, you comply because it's easier, once enough people comply they add another layer of complication, until everyone complies again.

It only ends when people stop complying.

Mate I get the sentiment, what do you do when yo pull up as Asda to fill the car up and it’s 100% cashless and to don’t have enough fuel to drive else where, argue your case with the chip and pin machine? 

I genuinely pushed back against  banking online at the expense on my convenience, but come the cold of 2019, and they closed all my branches I had ZERO option, as I would have gone without banking for weeks and or now have to drive and wait 2-3 hours a time every time I wanted to make a transaction or speak to someone in person…..I pushed back and they still won.  

@LemmyMcGregor as an experiment try and live 100% only cash and I mean every bill, every transaction could you do it?  Pay your council tax, pay for anything online , Amazon, eBay, nextflix just eat, travel on public transport……I’m honestly not being a wise A, but have a look and tell me you can live 100% cash only would be good to see if you can. 

I don't comply because  its easier, its impossible for be to operate 100% cash only,   Am I willing now to drive 12 miles in traffic pay for parking and queue for 40 ,minutes just so I can pay a bill in cash or make a transaction in person....No.  I can't not operate like this and most of use who live in the real world can't either.......Please, please live  cash only for the next 3 months and film it, it would make for a great documentary.

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Mate I get the sentiment, what do you do when yo pull up as Asda to fill the car up and it’s 100% cashless and to don’t have enough fuel to drive else where, argue your case with the chip and pin machine? 

I genuinely pushed back against  banking online at the expense on my convenience, but come the cold of 2019, and they closed all my branches I had ZERO option, as I would have gone without banking for weeks and or now have to drive and wait 2-3 hours a time every time I wanted to make a transaction or speak to someone in person…..I pushed back and they still won.  

@LemmyMcGregor as an experiment try and live 100% only cash and I mean every bill, every transaction could you do it?  Pay your council tax, pay for anything online , Amazon, eBay, nextflix just eat, travel on public transport……I’m honestly not being a wise A, but have a look and tell me you can live 100% cash only would be good to see if you can. 

I don't comply because  its easier, its impossible for be to operate 100% cash only,   Am I willing now to drive 12 miles in traffic pay for parking and queue for 40 ,minutes just so I can pay a bill in cash or make a transaction in person....No.  I can't not operate like this and most of use who live in the real world can't either.......Please, please live  cash only for the next 3 months and film it, it would make for a great documentary.

I do, everything except petrol is cash.

I doubt anyone is suggesting to be cash only. It is possible, but impracticable. 

The thing is to use cash whenever & wherever practicable. In @GoldDiggerDave's petrol station analogy I'd have put in a moderate amount and driven to a different station to fill up and pay cash. Many stations even have a cash dispenser outside the shop so there really is no excuse.

2 minutes ago, Beanyman said:

I do, everything except petrol is cash.

That's impressive. Why not petrol?

Edited by Earthmetal

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

43 minutes ago, Earthmetal said:

I doubt anyone is suggesting to be cash only. It is possible, but impracticable. 

The thing is to use cash whenever & wherever practicable. In @GoldDiggerDave's petrol station analogy I'd have put in a moderate amount and driven to a different station to fill up and pay cash. Many stations even have a cash dispenser outside the shop so there really is no excuse.

That's impressive. Why not petrol?

I get my fuel from a supermarket as all the local stations have closed down, and the supermarkets have no one in the kiosk running it,they got rid of them too.  it is all done at the pump with credit/debit card, If I find an independent supplier when I move I will use that instead. I had even thought of getting my local farmer to buy it for his tractors in bulk then pay him cash, he likes cash.

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Card or bank transfer only 

Used to be able to pay cash at the post office in years past if you didn't have a bank account 

So waht happens now if you have no bank account, do they not accept it then? Millions of people don't have bank accounts.

You can pay HMRC using cash. You do however need to be having paper statements sent to you, then use the paying in slip they send you! No hassle🤔😮😮

24 minutes ago, Paul said:

You can't pay a HMRC tax bill now with cash. No girobank credit slip on statements. always used to be not now 

Edited by Petra
add

17 minutes ago, Beanyman said:

So waht happens now if you have no bank account, do they not accept it then? Millions of people don't have bank accounts.

You can

Be honest, out of 100% of your monthly income how much of that do you pay cashless?  

does your employer pay you in cash?  Or do you get your pension paid in cash?  

how do you pay your electric bill?  How do you pay your council tax?  

I’ve always got a wallet full of cash, 95-98% of all my transactions are classless, not because I’m lazy or some complicit mindless person, I live I the real world and if I like it or not this is the reality and it’s only going to go more this way. 

2 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Be honest, out of 100% of your monthly income how much of that do you pay cashless?  

I’ve always got a wallet full of cash, 95-98% of all my transactions are classless, not because I’m lazy or some complicit mindless person, I live I the real world and if I like it or not this is the reality and it’s only going to go more this way. 

I never carry cash on me, due to the security risk and the fact I don't need it and I have done this for the last 10 years. 

If you can beat them join them.

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

5 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Not if EVERYONE says NO

21 minutes ago, Beanyman said:

Not if EVERYONE says NO

We have this scenario with so many issues in this country where individuals want everyone else to “sort” their problem.

We are at the start of a new month so you must have had some bills to pay like the rest of us who live in the real world.  

Can you explain what medium of exchange you receive your income, and what medium of exchange you use to pay your bills?  

If you feel strongly about this matter the best thing you and anyone else could do is the refuse your income if it’s in the form of a cashless transaction, and to pay every single bill and payment in cash……do you think you could do this? 

4 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

We have this scenario with so many issues in this country where individuals want everyone else to “sort” their problem.

We are at the start of a new month so you must have had some bills to pay like the rest of us who live in the real world.  

Can you explain what medium of exchange you receive your income, and what medium of exchange you use to pay your bills?  

If you feel strongly about this matter the best thing you and anyone else could do is the refuse your income if it’s in the form of a cashless transaction, and to pay every single bill and payment in cash……do you think you could do this? 

I concede you the point, many items have gone cashless already and we did nothing nothing when that happened, I blame myself just as much as blame others, doesn't mean I have to give up.

The moment you give up you have lost.

10 hours ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

I concede you the point, many items have gone cashless already and we did nothing nothing when that happened, I blame myself just as much as blame others, doesn't mean I have to give up.

The moment you give up you have lost.

Not saying you should give up me neither......I think there should be a law where anyone selling essential goods can not refuse to take cash.     The second supermarkets go cashless, (lest face it they are getting close and they have been very cute about it small incriminating steps, self service cash machines where most of them now are self services card only).......Its as strong a message anyone will get, either comply or stave your choice.

While we have been talking about this over the last few day Is have been very conscious about the transactions I have made.  

Yearly car insurance  zero means to pay this with cash.

Car dealership (Landrover) zero means to take cash and I did ask.  

Petrol, pay with my cash or tap the wife's card......Tap the wife's card you won't hold that against me 😃

Postage of numerous parcels........Had to tap my phone 1 its quicker 2 its my business account and I don't withdraw cash from that account and I'am not using my own cash to do a petty cash expenses

Food I did use cash in the self service till at the super market.  

So out of around £830   16 quid was cash  so 1.9% of my transactions over the last few days are cash and I did try....................

Rather than converting all to cashless.

Start with the young ones. Look at fast food restaurants.

Visited a taco bell a few weeks back 100% cashless inside All ordering via a screen and cashless payment. I also read some Asdas are trialing going cashless to 

When all young un's have known is cashless, it is us dinosaur boomers using filthy cash who are odd soon enough in years to come 

10 minutes ago, Paul said:

Rather than converting all to cashless.

Start with the young ones. Look at fast food restaurants.

Visited a taco bell a few weeks back 100% cashless inside All ordering via a screen and cashless payment. I also read some Asdas are trialing going cashless to 

When all young un's have known is cashless, it is us dinosaur boomers using filthy cash who are odd soon enough in years to come 

It makes me want to puke those HD self service touch screens…..if you are going to catch something it’s going to be from those things with the looks of those snotty degenerates all over them with their greasy paws. 

Queue to use one of those a things then having to wait for your food like a 1980’s Argo holding pen……F that I go out in the car in the morning with a flask and a bag of sandwiches.  

Fast food deliveries have you seen the state of the people who deliver…….a picture of health and the bag they deliver in is scummy beyond words……swab them and it’s a case of what you wouldn’t find…… “special sauce” anyone ? 

10 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

So out of around £830   16 quid was cash  so 1.9% of my transactions over the last few days are cash and I did try...

Except at the petrol station.

9 minutes ago, Earthmetal said:

Except at the petrol station.

That was the wife’s card transaction……

Will continue to be mindful of my transactions, just put one in for the RM for over 30k…..they won’t let me pay cash.  

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

15 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

just put one in for the RM for over 30k…..they won’t let me pay cash.  

Crikey! That's a lot of milk!

This cashless things has been orchestrated over many years. Obstacles have been put in our way to to force this cashless society and it is not for our benefits. 

It is the old boiling the the frog alive. Put a frog in boiling water and it would jump out, put it in warm water and soon it will boil to death. 

Governments tried this same scenario with the covid jab to see how gullible people were and it seems that 80% fell for it for an easier life. The most stupid of all are the ones who took it just to go on holiday.

Never Chase and Never Regret 

2 hours ago, Spyder said:

This cashless things has been orchestrated over many years. Obstacles have been put in our way to to force this cashless society and it is not for our benefits. 

It is the old boiling the the frog alive. Put a frog in boiling water and it would jump out, put it in warm water and soon it will boil to death. 

Governments tried this same scenario with the covid jab to see how gullible people were and it seems that 80% fell for it for an easier life. The most stupid of all are the ones who took it just to go on holiday.

We are getting boiled on every level now, nobody seems to be bothered, noone seems to care.

I feel like I'm a visitor now in the reality I used to enjoy in my 20s :(

Keep me away from the ' general public' and newspapers, tv, radio, bookface, social media 

switch off and drop out

think for yourself. Ignore all you're told. Question

it's a mad mad mad world