• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2024 Annual Sets

As these will be released in a couple of weeks, I thought I might as well create a thread for discussion when they launch.

But in the meantime, here are my thoughts on it...

I'm expecting (hoping!) that this will be a return to the normal format of annual sets, i.e. a single complete set containing both the commemorative and definitive coins, plus a bonus medal in the premium and non-premium base metal proof sets.

I wouldn't expect to see any privy marks on the definitives this time, which would make them the first non-circulating quality KCIII definitives to not have one.

The piedfort sets will probably just contain the commemorative coins as usual.

What will the commemorative coins be? Probably these:

• buckingham palace
  • team gb / paralympics gb
  • 150th anniversary of winston churchill being born
  • national gallery
  • 200 years of the national lifeboat institution

As we don’t have someone like the Queen any more having major milestones then it does leave ‘space’ on coins for commemorations.

Lifeboat institution could be a safe bet along with the 200 years of the National Gallery? Other possibilities (although one or two could be too contentious)

45 years for Maggie becoming prime minister

30 years since Channel Tunnel opened

70 years since Roger Bannister did his thing

80 years since D Day

170 for the Charge of The Light Brigade

Always something else with Charles on ……

my info is

£5 Buckingham Palace.
£2 Birth of Winston Churchill.
£2 National Gallery 200 years.
50p R.N.L.I 200 years.
50p Team G.B 100 years.

rumours of a couple of others through the year that wont be in the year set - again.

available in all the usual varieties of bunc, proof, silver, gold all delivered in time for 2026.  it wouldnt surprise me that RM will carry on only offering the definitive in one set and the commemorative ones in another to boost the coffers that little bit more.

PS finally got my new KC 23 definitive proofs today - look far better in the metal.

1 hour ago, bluffer said:

my info is

£5 Buckingham Palace.
£2 Birth of Winston Churchill.
£2 National Gallery 200 years.
50p R.N.L.I 200 years.
50p Team G.B 100 years.

rumours of a couple of others through the year that wont be in the year set - again.

available in all the usual varieties of bunc, proof, silver, gold all delivered in time for 2026.  it wouldnt surprise me that RM will carry on only offering the definitive in one set and the commemorative ones in another to boost the coffers that little bit more.

PS finally got my new KC 23 definitive proofs today - look far better in the metal.

Any struck on the day sovereigns planned?

I'm not especially impressed with any of them.  The Olympics/Paralympics 50p reminds me a bit of the Rwanda Lunar coins.

I'll look for the 50p coins if they release them as circulating currency coins but otherwise I'm not particularly interested.

Shame, really.  Some of the previous commemorative designs have been very good, especially some of the £2 coins.

18 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

The annual sets are coming out tomorrow morning, alongside the 2024 bullion sovereigns.

oooh! 😮😮can’t wait!😮🫢

9 minutes ago, CoinCupboard said:

Well you might have to, probably will be a 3 month lead time on them. 🤣

Maybe not on the sovereigns though. 

🤔🙁there’s always one🫢🙁

15 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

The BU annual sets (full, and definitives only) and the premium proof sets are supposed to be purchasable from the RME tomorrow, so early delivery of those looks promising.

😮🤔👍

27 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

The BU annual sets (full, and definitives only) and the premium proof sets are supposed to be purchasable from the RME tomorrow, so early delivery of those looks promising.

The only year I don't go down in the past few years! 🤦

Still waiting on my 2023 and I could have technically got a 2024 set before the 2023. Crazy. 🤣

53 minutes ago, CoinCupboard said:

The only year I don't go down in the past few years! 🤦

Still waiting on my 2023 and I could have technically got a 2024 set before the 2023. Crazy. 🤣

Sometimes it pays to shop elsewhere!🤔