• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint Black Friday Weekend

Gordy

Just now, Leonmarsh said:

What if spot drops ? But again what if we go to the moon 

If it drops does it become a liability but interestingly if it mooned does it become a liability i.e unliquid if it say doubled in 12 months 

I suppose every asset will face the same issues ime if property doubled no one would buy or sell 

these bars will not sell for less than £256 each. its a win win.

Just now, silverJEF said:

best hope they dont charge you a fee fir buying from royal mint. i tried once and they classed it as me buying cash 😨

I had that once happen when I used a Tesco Credit Card, Royal Mint blamed Tesco and vice versa.

I've only bought a couple of bars for that reason.

1 minute ago, FriedrichVonHayek said:

I've only bought a couple of kilo bars for that reason

Show off :D 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

Just now, silverJEF said:

these bars will not sell for less than £256 each. its a win win.

Without doubt if you sell now if not make a small profit 

I maybe weird well I know I am but my salary is 85k a year not sure why the hourly rate is but say £40 an hour something like that 

I occasionally get consultancy work at £500 a day so always consider my time as worth something 

I spend 5 mins wrapping , 40 mins back and two to the post office, and so on 

That profit is lost in time, 

Done a few research papers over the years on time on motion and people don't really see time as a cost

Hance for me sometimes I take a small loss balancing this against my time 

I think some of the 5g went for 270, 275 so say 20 quid more that's half an hour of time 

Interests me all this 

7 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

What if spot drops ? But again what if we go to the moon 

If it drops does it become a liability but interestingly if it mooned does it become a liability i.e unliquid if it say doubled in 12 months 

I suppose every asset will face the same issues ime if property doubled no one would buy or sell 

People always need a place to live tbh and not a piece of metal to look at. Thats why the lower end of the market is still strong.

If the market tried to double in property it couldn't as too many people would be getting out (myself included as its a headache).

Soon as I get my bars I'm gonna just flip em for ~275 hopefully. The 50p I'll chuck in the loft and forget about.. maybe it'll be worth a few quid in 30 years. Maybe it'll be worth 50p. Who knows.

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

1 minute ago, SiCole said:

People always need a place to live tbh and not a piece of metal to look at. Thats why the lower end of the market is still strong.

If the market tried to double in property it couldn't as too many people would be getting out (myself included as its a headache).

Fair point 

Great stuff all thanks for contributing interesting discussion to me anyway

Just now, Upsidedown said:

Soon as I get my bars I'm gonna just flip em for ~275 hopefully. The 50p I'll chuck in the loft and forget about.. maybe it'll be worth a few quid in 30 years. Maybe it'll be worth 50p. Who knows.

Yup if you flip 5 your up 100 quid or more 

Better than I do lol 

Im flipping mine for 270 each race ya to the bottom

15 minutes ago, Upsidedown said: