• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hello, I’m new here

Welcome to the forum!

@stefffana has pretty much given you a solid guide to selling on here as a new member. Membership will defiantly help your cause in selling. If something is listed with a price that is too high or low, some of the more experianced members are very likely to wave a flag for you and help out.

Best of luck with your selling endeavors, you may even be tempted by some of the other listings and add to you stack!

9 hours ago, stefffana said:

Hi and welcome on forum!🤗

1. The first advice is to upgrade your membership to premium. This will offer you the advantage to list more items, to upload more pictures with your products and to have more credibility as a seller.

2. On this forum, all the transactions are based only on trust. The trust is reflected in feedback history and reputation. Of course, all of us have been at the beginning with 0 feedback and have worked hard to gain reputation. Don't be offended if you will be asked by another forum members on your first sales to send your products before payment and to be paid immediately after the items are received by buyer. This is 100% risk free on here, all of us did it at beginning. After your feedback history will be higher, will not be necessary anymore.

3. When you want to sell an item, try to describe accurately what you are selling, with good pictures, weight, specifications, etc. Your customers are very educated in precious metals and know exactly what to expect.

4. Try always to price your items accordingly, having in mind the spot prices, the dealers's prices and the recent sales on forum for similar products. The items priced well will sell very quick, but if the price is not competitive will remain unsold.

I wish you all the best and a good and long journey on forum!

Stefan.

Thanks for this, it’s not too lengthy and answers some important questions I had. Much appreciated.

About sending the item first, and payment later to build credibility, would you advise this for a more expensive item, something over £1k?

Thanks.

5 hours ago, monkey said:

Welcome to the forum!

@stefffana has pretty much given you a solid guide to selling on here as a new member. Membership will defiantly help your cause in selling. If something is listed with a price that is too high or low, some of the more experianced members are very likely to wave a flag for you and help out.

Best of luck with your selling endeavors, you may even be tempted by some of the other listings and add to you stack!

Thanks.

I have a limit on the number of reactions I can give, so this is me extending my appreciation to everyone who’s given me a warm welcome. Thank you all.

5 hours ago, stefffana said:

Yes, I have done this before. It is important to check carefully the history of the members you are dealing to. If their reputation is at a very high level, it is risk free.

If you are in doubts, @BackyardBullion offers intermediary services at a very low fees and many members on here sold their items supported by him.🤗

Thanks man.

interestingly I did reach out to BYB very recently, the fee he quoted wasn’t “very low” for what I wanted sold. But he was generous enough to recommend I sell to dealer’s instead like Atkinsons and BBP to get better offers, I ended up finding a really good deal locally anyway.

Thanks again for your expert advice, I’ll be sure to heed it for any future endeavours. 😊

4 minutes ago, monkey said:

I would take this as at over 100, I myself have quite a way to go! 🙂

Actually on the contrary, I'd buy of you right now and pay upfront, why? Well because you interact across the forum and you have the decency and respect to welcome new members with open arms and helpful advice. This to me is more valuable that any feedback score, feedback only tells half the story and isn't foolproof in of itself. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Stop your making me blush! (good job I'm not a baboon...)

But I'll take your complement!

I agree strong community interaction dose go a long way. I sold to charliemouse with 50% up front and 50% on receipt. I agreed as I could see he is a regular on the forum, is a long term member, and has very good feedback. He has also contributed loads to TSF so has lots going for him as a jolly good chap.

Other members can vouch for you with more when they have had good interaction with you!

2 hours ago, monkey said:

Stop your making me blush! (good job I'm not a baboon...)

But I'll take your complement!

I agree strong community interaction dose go a long way. I sold to charliemouse with 50% up front and 50% on receipt. I agreed as I could see he is a regular on the forum, is a long term member, and has very good feedback. He has also contributed loads to TSF so has lots going for him as a jolly good chap.

Other members can vouch for you with more when they have had good interaction with you!

I must say, this is an interesting way of trading online. It nice seeing the community regulate itself as opposed to market places like Ebay or Amazon where it’s regulated by the company.

I do wonder, how often are people scammed? BYB just made a video about a trusted seller scamming buyers 🤔.

What recommendations do you have when it comes to buying? Are there specific threads i need to follow to look out for deals? Any key search terms I should use? I’m not too familiar with the user interface as I don’t usually interact in forums. Any advice would be appreciated. 😊