• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Ever heard of sovereign coasters?

BullionBuyerUK

• BullionBuyerUK changed the title to Ever heard of sovereign coasters?
5 minutes ago, MickB said:

These look decent, nice work there and great idea. How much do you charge for a set?

Thanks, to be honest this is just a first trial run, if I were to produce any I'd have to do a few more to really dial the image in. For instance, I think the slate coaster would come out better if I were to lacquer them first, it's would give the laser a slight film to engrave as well. 

The wooden ones, are slightly ruined by the grain, but I don't think they are too far off

6 minutes ago, James32 said:

Excellent work/idea

Won't those just detract from your kilo gold bars you use as coasters?

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

8 minutes ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

Thanks, to be honest this is just a first trial run, if I were to produce any I'd have to do a few more to really dial the image in. For instance, I think the slate coaster would come out better if I were to lacquer them first, it's would give the laser a slight film to engrave as well. 

The wooden ones, are slightly ruined by the grain, but I don't think they are too far off

You're onto a winner with these. Maybe you can do a silverforum engraving as well.

1 minute ago, Blockhead said:

I would buy these, and Britannia if you did them 

I could do pretty much any coin. It does take a bit of time to make the image reasonable for engraving. But, I can't see there being any real issues on any coins 🤷🏻‍♂️

22 minutes ago, MickB said:

You're onto a winner with these. Maybe you can do a silverforum engraving as well.

Having spoken to Chris about using the TSF branding on 3D printed items, My guess would be no.

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

1 minute ago, bobski said:

I'd be interested in stainless steel Britannia ones if you ever feel the urge

I'm yet to try my laser out on metal. You can create different colours when engraving on metal by adjusting the speed and temperature. My other hobby is wood working, so can't see me doing this anytime soon, but never say never

2 minutes ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

I'm yet to try my laser out on metal. You can create different colours when engraving on metal by adjusting the speed and temperature. My other hobby is wood working, so can't see me doing this anytime soon, but never say never

I can see these doing extremely well if priced right. Chopping/cutting boards, knife blocks etc, 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

33 minutes ago, MickB said:

til the chinese start knocking them out at 49p inc postage.

😱

But seriously,  nice idea and just on those working samples, the slate ones look better.  Would be interested to see them once you trial and error to perfect production.  could do a full RM series - royal beasts, monarchs, myths and legends..................  🤣

3 minutes ago, bluffer said:

til the chinese start knocking them out at 49p inc postage.

😱

But seriously,  nice idea and just on those working samples, the slate ones look better.  Would be interested to see them once you trial and error to perfect production.  could do a full RM series - royal beasts, monarchs, myths and legends..................  🤣

I'm on it! 😁

55 minutes ago, James32 said:

I think the slate ones make the design pop more. The wood would need to be darker to have the same effect, either spray painted first,or go with a darker species. 

Ja I have to agree with you James, the slate ones look really nice!

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

Ok, so first update. I've sprayed the slate coasters with high gloss lacquer first, then engraved them. I think the high gloss is a bit too much, so a Matt lacquer would be better (don't have any) 

I've stained the 6 previous coaster with different finishes, and tweeted the engraving, so let's see how they turn out 

20230905_185325.JPG

20230905_185334.JPG