• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint British Monarchs series

25 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I am having it, the accompanying booklet swung it for me. On the phone to remortgage the house.

On 21/07/2023 at 10:41, paulmerton said:

Yes, I've just noticed this on the RM website.  I'm still trying to work out whether it is good value or not.

MonarchsCollection.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, ak74 said:

I buy 2x1oz silver of each release. 

21 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Not me. I'm struggling to muster up any desire to buy any RM proof coins now they maintain that it's acceptable for them to have scratches on.

I have all in 2oz silver.. up till now.
Think I’m passing on this now. My last coin arrived spotted. 

Aaaahhh😉

5 minutes ago, geowill989 said:

1 oz silver still available. I wonder if people are pulling out of this series, or if they agree with me that this portrait is arse...

A bit of both probably, certainly the dullest so far.

The last few haven’t been instant sell outs either, so that’s not new.

23 minutes ago, geowill989 said:

I'm sure I remember Charles II selling out. Either they had a lot of returns or my memory is bad

That's the usual thing for the RM site, when a coin is shown as sold out, and then available again. The reasons could be not only returns, but also if some quantities are allocated to dealers initially, and then not bought, or customer orders cancellation. I sometimes order from the RM, but then, if I see the same price from a EU dealer, I cancel the RM order, as buying from a dealer I do not have to pay the customs fee for importing from the UK.

2 hours ago, paulmerton said:

I didn't even get any communication from the mint to say this one was being released today.

Yes they said they are not selling  to you anymore,  they believe you must have shares in the Royal Mail or something similar😄

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

4 hours ago, geowill989 said:

1 oz silver still available. I wonder if people are pulling out of this series, or if they agree with me that this portrait is arse...

Yep they are pulling out faster than a xx in a xxx in Bangkok .. pity as it a great series. A shame it’s come to this. RM the only ones to blame. 

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

4 hours ago, geowill989 said:

Did you see somewhere that they ended the series? Or is this speculation?

Misunderstanding I think. The reference to pulling out related to buyers disappearing, rather than the Mint.

Perhaps RM should copy Hatton's of London's "Sell Out Guarantee" (hear me out)

They set a cut-off date for each release, and whatever doesn't sell, they melt. But for this to work, they'd have to explicitly state that they will melt what doesn't sell and also provide the final mintage figures - like Hatton's, but without the worlds first 1/8th octagonal half sovereign.