• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What will happen to my SOTD sovereign order?

Falcon1985

Hi Guys!

As lots of us on 24.04 I queued up on the Royal Mint website to get a hold of my SOTD sovereign and 9500 people in front of me and 9 mins later I was in. I put my sovereign in the basket and paid for it. I got confirmation email and as of right now I do have my order in process on the Royal Mint website! I felt so lucky and was eagerly waiting for my sovereign. however I just logged into my bank account and noticed that for some reason the payment was not taken and the money is not missing from my account. it was held as a pending payment and now was not taken apparently! I am getting quite upset what is happening. I did not get any other email from Royal Mint! anyone knows what to expect or happened this to any of you?🤨

I have heard of orders being cancelled without notice, but have never experienced it myself. If you've had the email, that is usually solid confirmation. Sometimes they don't take funds until dispatch, although they seemed to have stopped doing that recently. Call this number and ask them. They're open until 10pm 0800 032 2152

If you have the coin in "open orders" in your royal mint account, then nothing to worry about. It's normal for the payment to drop off again until closer to dispatch. When I say normal I mean normal for RM order's at least.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

7 minutes ago, Falcon1985 said:

Hi Guys!

As lots of us on 24.04 I queued up on the Royal Mint website to get a hold of my SOTD sovereign and 9500 people in front of me and 9 mins later I was in. I put my sovereign in the basket and paid for it. I got confirmation email and as of right now I do have my order in process on the Royal Mint website! I felt so lucky and was eagerly waiting for my sovereign. however I just logged into my bank account and noticed that for some reason the payment was not taken and the money is not missing from my account. it was held as a pending payment and now was not taken apparently! I am getting quite upset what is happening. I did not get any other email from Royal Mint! anyone knows what to expect or happened this to any of you?🤨

As they are not producing the coin until next Saturday, maybe that is when they will take the money?  The fact you have had confirmation and the order is on the website, you should be ok.

It's happened with me a couple of times, they take payment and if they cant dispatch by a certain date they money comes off pending and goes back into your account, check your open orders, same thing happened with me for the 15 x 1/40th's I ordered.... 👍

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

2 minutes ago, Gordy said:

It's happened with me a couple of times, they take payment and if they cant dispatch by a certain date they money comes off pending and goes back into your account, check your open orders, same thing happened with me for the 15 x 1/40th's I ordered.... 👍

WELL......... might have just been 2 😂

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

Check your emails. I bagged one on monday too. Got an email on Wednesday from the RM to say my order had been cancelled. I rang them and they confirmed this. I did notice that theyd only taken £9 from my account for postage but not tge balance.

Checking my bank this week, it was saying payment pending. Then Thursday evening, the money was back in my account 🤨

Best thing to do is give them a ring on Tuesday armed with your account number and order number.

They will confirm weather you are in or out.

41 minutes ago, James32 said:

If you have the coin in "open orders" in your royal mint account, then nothing to worry about. It's normal for the payment to drop off again until closer to dispatch. When I say normal I mean normal for RM order's at least.

I hope that You are right! Lets see finger crossed! thank you for your comment

Order 2.PNG

14 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

Check your emails. I bagged one on monday too. Got an email on Wednesday from the RM to say my order had been cancelled. I rang them and they confirmed this. I did notice that theyd only taken £9 from my account for postage but not tge balance.

Checking my bank this week, it was saying payment pending. Then Thursday evening, the money was back in my account 🤨

Best thing to do is give them a ring on Tuesday armed with your account number and order number.

They will confirm weather you are in or out.

i did not get any email from them and my order is in progress!

Edited by Falcon1985

8 minutes ago, Falcon1985 said:

i did not get any email from them and my order is in progress!

It'll say in progress and stay in open orders until they dispatch it. Then it'll move to closed orders with a tracking number provided. Sometimes they send you an email saying its on its way and give you the tracking number and Sometimes they keep it a secret and don't tell you so you don't realise until you look one day and see its moved to closed orders lol. They're a strange mob at the mint at times. 

Edited by Mtaybar

Little update on this. I emailed them yesterday and got answer today saying this:

I can see that your order The Coronation of His Majesty King Charles III 2023 Celebration Sovereign Is still in place on your account  if

the money has re-appeared in your account please give us a call so we can retake the payment so you dont lose your order.

I call them this morning and I was told that the payment would be taken again when the coin becomes available. no further action needed.

35 minutes ago, goldhunter said:

The money for my SOTD was taken from my Bank Account on the 29th and has not been returned to me, and is in my open orders page.

Yeah It is a bit weird how RM is dealing with this payment being taken or not etc.... God knows what it depends on. 

Just finished a call with the RM.

The SOTD Sov is not expected to be delivered until end June / beginning of July, so they didn't want to hold customers money.

No reason orders shouldn't go through, despite the charge dropping off 'pending'.

Well, unless I don't have the cash available at that point!

43 minutes ago, MergingCultures said:

The SOTD Sov is not expected to be delivered until end June / beginning of July, so they didn't want to hold customers money.

No reason orders shouldn't go through, despite the charge dropping off 'pending'.

End June / early July? YIKES!!!

Aren’t they all supposed to be struck this Saturday?

Why would the RM hold on to 1260 coins for almost two months? 🫤

9 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

No idea. You'd think they'd have the booklets, cases etc all ready to go.

Check each coin on Saturday, put the good ones in their cases and send?!

Of course they are extremely busy at the moment though with all the coronation coins.

3 minutes ago, MergingCultures said:

No idea. You'd think they'd have the booklets, cases etc all ready to go.

Check each coin on Saturday, put the good ones in their cases and send?!

Of course they are extremely busy at the moment though with all the coronation coins.

Sorry my question wasn’t directed at you - it was more rhetorical! 🙂

I’m still waiting for my British Monarchs Charles I coin and my reverse proof 1oz Britannia. I had forgotten about them. 

So many inconsistencies. Sometimes they take the money upfront, sometimes they don't. There is also glitches in the open/closed orders from time to time. Best way is to speak to them and hear it from the horses mouth imo. 

5 hours ago, westminstrel said:

That's easy!  It's because of the RM's elaborate and complex QC program.  Every single coin is individually inspected for hours before approval to send to collectors.

36 minutes ago, JeffM said:

That's easy!  It's because of the RM's elaborate and complex QC program.  Every single coin is individually inspected for hours before approval to send to collectors.

Oh good.

I may see my 2023 6 coin Brit proof set that i ordered almost 7 weeks ago very soon 👍🙃👍

7 hours ago, MergingCultures said:

I was expecting the same too, That it will be dispatched sometime next week.... I have a few coins in pending orders but thought this SOTD will be delivered immediately