• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Tudor beast - bull of Clarence

refero

hi all, 

when is usually released the bullion version of 1oz gold coin (after the proof one is out?)

i ve noticed on the Royal Mint webiste that the proof Bull of Clarence (300 pieces) 1oz gold coin is on sale

18 hours ago, refero said:

when is usually released the bullion version of 1oz gold coin (after the proof one is out?)

It can't be predicted, as previous issue was proof and bullion at the same day, but it wasn't the case before.

You can "register" your interest in the bull bullion and hopefully will get an email prior to issue.

https://www.royalmint.com/the-royal-tudor-beasts/bull-of-clarence/bull-of-clarence---bullion-ryi/

• 3 weeks later...

They're a bunch of clowns. I wrote to Royal Mail a few days before this post was done asking the same query about the Bull and Panther, their reply is astounding.

This was my original message which I submitted on their website:

"I am very puzzled by this series, would you have a schedule to help me plan my purchases? When the Lion came out I bought the 2oz Silver coin as I liked that better, then the Seymour Panther came out and there were only proof options, the 2oz Silver coin bullion was not available. Yale of Beaufort finally had the 2oz Silver that I wanted, but now you are releasing the Bull of Clarence and, again, proof only.

Will I be able to purchase the Seymour Panther and Bull of Clarence 2oz Silver bullion coins at some point to complete my collection, or will they be available only in Proof?"

Their reply:

"All of the coins that are being released as the Tudor Beasts, were available as a bullion coin under the Queen's Beasts. There are no plans to release them as a bullion coin at the moment. That is not to say that it may change in future. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us."

I'm speechless.

That is a baffling response. Unless this series has gone the same way as the Lunar series (originally proof and bullion, then later bullion versions were cancelled), then all of the Tudor Bests will be releasing as bullion coins. I haven't heard anything from them though to suggest the bullion versions are cancelled.

For some reason they insist on doing split release schedules between proof and bullion. For the Queen's Beasts for example the Griffin of Edward was released at a completely different time. They have also now done the same with the Myths & Legends series, with the proof coins covering the Arthurian section, when the bullion started with Robin Hood. 

6 hours ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

They're a bunch of clowns. I wrote to Royal Mail a few days before this post was done asking the same query about the Bull and Panther, their reply is astounding.

This was my original message which I submitted on their website:

"I am very puzzled by this series, would you have a schedule to help me plan my purchases? When the Lion came out I bought the 2oz Silver coin as I liked that better, then the Seymour Panther came out and there were only proof options, the 2oz Silver coin bullion was not available. Yale of Beaufort finally had the 2oz Silver that I wanted, but now you are releasing the Bull of Clarence and, again, proof only.

Will I be able to purchase the Seymour Panther and Bull of Clarence 2oz Silver bullion coins at some point to complete my collection, or will they be available only in Proof?"

Their reply:

"All of the coins that are being released as the Tudor Beasts, were available as a bullion coin under the Queen's Beasts. There are no plans to release them as a bullion coin at the moment. That is not to say that it may change in future. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us."

I'm speechless.

This is a bit of a concern. If it’s not a full bullion set then I’ll just ditch the quarters I’ve already purchased and do something else with the funds

On 07/03/2023 at 13:08, refero said:

hi all, 

i ve noticed on the Royal Mint webiste that the proof Bull of Clarence (300 pieces) 1oz gold coin is on sale

I asked RM and they wouldn't tell me 🙄

Embargo something or other 

1 hour ago, JamesH said:

This is a bit of a concern. If it’s not a full bullion set then I’ll just ditch the quarters I’ve already purchased and do something else with the funds

1 hour ago, refero said:

i thought TB series was going to duplicate QB one. i dont get the point in releasing the first 2 and then stopping? or changing the scheme..

are they definitively gone mad?

He stated that the Beasts present in the Queen serie wouldn't be duplicated, yet, the only 2 released at present are Lion and Yale, which were present in the Queen's Beasts and deny the claim, whereas out of the 2 skipped one was the Panther of Seymour, which is unique to the Tudor serie; reality doesn't match the statement.

I didn't post it as information, I post because I am appalled by the inaccuracy offered by Royal Mint on the topic. In my opinion he has no idea what he is talking about and I wouldn't take him seriously, he is probably responding with something he half heard and mixed up. Wish they would just respond with something clear, at least I'd know what to budget for...

Edited by LemmyMcGregor

It is certainly just bad subject knowledge, and I am sure all 10 (11? :)) TB coins will be issued in bullion, although most probably Panther indeed is shifted to the end. On bullion page there is "Register your interest" possibility for 3rd bullion coin - Bull of Clarence.

https://www.royalmint.com/the-royal-tudor-beasts/bullion/

• 1 month later...

Since I originally posted my thread with the Royal Mint in here, thought I'd update you on their plans since they have kindly replied to my March query, they are confidential and they can't confirm nor deny whether the bullion versions will ever exist 🤣

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email and your patience for the delayed response. We have received an exceptionally high volume of emails in the last few weeks.

We have many exciting new launches planned at The Royal Mint, however much of the information is confidential, and there is a strict embargo by the UK Treasury that dictates when we can reveal information.

Therefore, I cannot confirm if there will be a bullion version of our Seymour Panther coin.

In the meantime, please continue checking our website and follow us on social media for further developments. You can also register your interest for future coins at the following link:

Register to receive information on coin launches | The Royal Mint

By subscribing to our newsletter, you will automatically be notified when we release new products.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Chloe

11 minutes ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

Since I originally posted my thread with the Royal Mint in here, thought I'd update you on their plans since they have kindly replied to my March query, they are confidential and they can't confirm nor deny whether the bullion versions will ever exist 🤣

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email and your patience for the delayed response. We have received an exceptionally high volume of emails in the last few weeks.

We have many exciting new launches planned at The Royal Mint, however much of the information is confidential, and there is a strict embargo by the UK Treasury that dictates when we can reveal information.

Therefore, I cannot confirm if there will be a bullion version of our Seymour Panther coin.

In the meantime, please continue checking our website and follow us on social media for further developments. You can also register your interest for future coins at the following link:

Register to receive information on coin launches | The Royal Mint

By subscribing to our newsletter, you will automatically be notified when we release new products.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Chloe

What an amazing waste of words.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip