• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Which 2022 memorial coin to buy?

Just now, AaaGee said:

Greaaaat!

Would you recommend a double over 2 singles then?🙈

Proof?

This is were it gets weird, 2 x singles will have a slightly better upside than a double, especially as gold rises and nobody can afford the double in one go.

Case in point 1989 in single, will fetch £1250ish but a double is struggling to fetch £1445 currently 😕 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Sorry i meant bullion.

No way i can afford a Double Memorial Proof, not without selling body parts anyway.

Hoping that Charles lasts a few years, i should imagine normality will eventually resume.

And looking a few years ahead and further. Ill just stick with single bullion sovereigns with the occasional double when ive got the spare.

1 minute ago, AaaGee said:

Sorry i meant bullion.

No way i can afford a Double Memorial Proof, not without selling body parts anyway.

Hoping that Charles lasts a few years, i should imagine normality will eventually resume.

And looking a few years ahead and further. Ill just stick with single bullion sovereigns with the occasional double when ive got the spare.

In bullion I'd go for double to appreciate the design, especially during a dip. Now take into account the numbers will be limited to a degree, dealers are not getting any allocation "apparently"

25 minutes ago, Tamcddd said:

Yeah I think your best value sovereigns are a lot easier to buy/sell in general. You get more gold for your money and that’s why I’m here. Proof is a different game altogether that I’m not trying to get involved in 😂 

agreed lol I think I should just stick with what I set out to do and focus on stacking. It’s easy to side tracked when theirs all these different coins coming out and you feel like you have to own them all 😂

25 minutes ago, SovereignStacker4 said:

agreed lol I think I should just stick with what I set out to do and focus on stacking. It’s easy to side tracked when theirs all these different coins coming out and you feel like you have to own them all 😂

Also when / if you end up selling you need a very specific buyer where as anyone will take your sovereigns it seems lol 

As a few have said:

If you want absolute pure investment I'd say two Full Sovs will be best. Easy to buy, and easiest to sell at a good price. Even dealers at the moment are giving higher rates on full Sovs, so you'd currently get more for selling 2 Sovs than 1 Double. Private will be easier to find buyers no matter the gold price.

If you want a little bit of enjoyment from the coin I'd say the Double should be really nice to appreciate the design, and you could still enjoy a bit of a premium in the future given other dealers don't have them at the moment.

I'm not a fan of Proof. It could be worth a lot more, it might not though, and you have the potential back and forth of trying to get one that's actually in proof condition. The bullion coins you can just buy without as much worry.

1 hour ago, James32 said:

Wow, the fact you just quoted a dealer price and not the real world price is frightening. 

I've lived through the market very closely, I'm specifically talking about the secondary market where real amounts are changing hands. 

A pf70 jubilee couldn't sell at £900 posted last month on here.

Never ever believe the inflated prices on dealers sites ffs.

Lol I do agree with you on some aspects of what you say ...But the vast majority do buy from these dealers..if they didn't they wouldn't exist...go on most dealers sites and they are going for about the same price around £1200 and may well be over inflated ... But they seem to get it right on the Bullion price around £800 for 2 sovereigns and they are not over inflated.. If the price for these proof Jubilee sovereigns are so much over priced I'm sure they wouldn't sell and they would have to drop their prices on them and still make a good profit if they are getting them for around £800... as for the pf70 not going at £900 there could be a few factors.. ie dont like them stabbed.. personally I dont like them never have and another factor is it would have been the start of the new year and money can get tight around that time...

I mostly collect bullion only have about 20-25 proof coins in my collection and got most of them at around bullion price... But I do think both the 2022 proof sovereigns are a very good long time investment.. 

Just now, Maxx546 said:

Lol I do agree with you on some aspects of what you say ...But the vast majority do buy from these dealers..if they didn't they wouldn't exist...go on most dealers sites and they are going for about the same price around £1200 and may well be over inflated ... But they seem to get it right on the Bullion price around £800 for 2 sovereigns and they are not over inflated.. If the price for these proof Jubilee sovereigns are so much over priced I'm sure they wouldn't sell and they would have to drop their prices on them and still make a good profit if they are getting them for around £800... as for the pf70 not going at £900 there could be a few factors.. ie dont like them stabbed.. personally I dont like them never have and another factor is it would have been the start of the new year and money can get tight around that time...

I mostly collect bullion only have about 20-25 proof coins in my collection and got most of them at around bullion price... But I do think both the 2022 proof sovereigns are a very good long time investment.. 

I agree people do buy at those prices, that's why I prefer the forum tbh.

As for the bullion not being inflated, that's my point exactly..it will always track closer to spot price. Which becomes beneficial in a time of need. Twice the gold over 20 years should hopefully do better that one proof coin. Truth be told, it's all a guess at best, my advice is based on personal experience, people line up and say 20 years, but then shat themselves during a dip and sell at a loss 😆 

20 hours ago, SovereignStacker4 said:

Hi I was wondering if I could get some help on deciding which 2022 memorial sovereign to get. I am relatively new at collecting and have a couple of sovereigns already but struggling to decide on what is best to get next. I have enough money to buy 1 of the following:

1x double gold sovereign 

1x gold proof memorial sovereign

2x full bullion sovereigns 

normally I wouldn’t debate between either a double or 2 full sovereigns and would usually always chose the 2 full sovereigns but I’ve heard people mentioning the design on the memorial sovereigns looks a bit cramped on the regular full sovereigns and might look better on the double. 

whichever one I end up buying I plan on holding for the long term (20 or so years) if this has any sway on which I should go for long term. 

thanks in advance for any advise you might have! 

20 years is a lifetime and you'll probably be a different person then than you are now so bear in mind what's so appealing now may be nothing more than a pain in the bum to your older self if you're trying to sell collectables rather than bullion weight. I keep stopping myself from being attracted to some very attractive coins because I imagine pensioner me will want nothing more than to cash a bit in for a nice new pair of slippers, or whatever is going on then. Probably bio organic wi-fi slippers that tell you when its time to go to bed. 

... don't look at the golden Tudor Beasts. They're mesmerising. 

Edited by CazLikesCoins

49 minutes ago, CazLikesCoins said:

20 years is a lifetime and you'll probably be a different person then than you are now so bear in mind what's so appealing now may be nothing more than a pain in the bum to your older self if you're trying to sell collectables rather than bullion weight. I keep stopping myself from being attracted to some very attractive coins because I imagine pensioner me will want nothing more than to cash a bit in for a nice new pair of slippers, or whatever is going on then. Probably bio organic wi-fi slippers that tell you when its time to go to bed. 

... don't look at the golden Tudor Beasts. They're mesmerising. 

Aha yes very true lol and I think you might be right, it might be worth sticking to just the bullion sovereigns, or at least for now until I’ve got a bit more of a clearer idea of my end goals. 

Unfortunately I’ve already caught a glimpse of the Queens Beasts completer……and I like very much, I’m not a big fan of the price tho 😅

23 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

Is that a pop at me?

Sorry! It was an impulse response, after I saw you had over 600 posts, and were not 'new'. Something so obvious can easily be missed by anyone, so once again my apologies. Perhaps I've been collecting sovereigns for too long!🥲 

1 hour ago, SovereignStacker4 said:

Aha yes very true lol and I think you might be right, it might be worth sticking to just the bullion sovereigns, or at least for now until I’ve got a bit more of a clearer idea of my end goals. 

Unfortunately I’ve already caught a glimpse of the Queens Beasts completer……and I like very much, I’m not a big fan of the price tho 😅

One glimpse, one glimpse too far haha. Gold's far too desirable already even in its nuggety form covered in dirt right out of the ground without them making it into the likes of this ...

the-royal-tudor-beasts-the-lion-of-england-2022-uk-2oz-gold-proof-coin-reverse-edge---uk22tle2g-1500x1500-d707c29.thumb.jpeg.04579c5dde798c94b1d39b4b348cb51c.jpeg

Willpower zero. I want. Lol.

20 minutes ago, Britannia47 said:

Sorry! It was an impulse response, after I saw you had over 600 posts, and were not 'new'. Something so obvious can easily be missed by anyone, so once again my apologies. Perhaps I've been collecting sovereigns for too long!🥲 

Fair enough. I didnt know, thats why i asked. Using the excuse "im new to this" maybe wearing a little thin now. But im still learning. Every days a school day 👍

31 minutes ago, CazLikesCoins said:

One glimpse, one glimpse too far haha. Gold's far too desirable already even in its nuggety form covered in dirt right out of the ground without them making it into the likes of this ...

the-royal-tudor-beasts-the-lion-of-england-2022-uk-2oz-gold-proof-coin-reverse-edge---uk22tle2g-1500x1500-d707c29.thumb.jpeg.04579c5dde798c94b1d39b4b348cb51c.jpeg

Willpower zero. I want. Lol.

Aha couldn’t agree more lol although I said I’m going to try and focus on bullion only sometimes you’ve just got to treat yourself, especially when a coin as nice looking as this comes along! 

3 hours ago, CazLikesCoins said:

because I imagine pensioner me will want nothing more than to cash a bit in for a nice new pair of slippers, or whatever is going on then. Probably bio organic wi-fi slippers that tell you when its time to go to bed. 

I was expecting this sentence to end with “toilet”. 🙁

3 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I was expecting this sentence to end with “toilet”. 🙁

Toilet, bed, they'll always be something out future robot overlords will be bossing us to do. It's bad enough these days, I've got a watch that tells me to charge it in a really condescending manner when its running low. Honestly it makes me feel like I've let it down. :D